GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (mike68, VanillaLimeCoke, 1 invisible), 467 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,462
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,530
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,436
Posts1,060,948
Members10,349
Most Online992
Yesterday at 04:40 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 28 of 319 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 318 319
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #90604
05/20/05 09:49 PM
05/20/05 09:49 PM
Some anonymous motel room.
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

The Graduate - (Nichols;1967;USA) - ****
After graduating college, a man who is worried about his future begins an affair with his father's business partner's wife but soon finds out that he actually loves her daughter.
Even better then Five Easy Pieces, which goes into a different direction of tragedy rather then finding solace. Nichols' direction is excellent in what is one of the best films ever made. The opening titles are great, which I noticed Tarantino referenced to in Jackie Brown. This is the best performance I've seen from Dustin Hoffman as well as Anne Bancroft. It's social commentary is definitely the main aspect that makes this such a masterpiece, along with Five Easy Pieces. The soundtrack is beautiful, and the different songs every few scenes coincides wonderfully with the film.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #90605
05/21/05 02:27 AM
05/21/05 02:27 AM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
I watched Boogeyman today. Why am I not surprised that it sucked. It actually started off somewhat good but the ending REALLY sucked! Stay clear of this when it's released

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #90606
05/21/05 03:02 AM
05/21/05 03:02 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Birth (04,Jonathan Glazer, US) 7/10
A few days before a widowed woman plans to get married again, a ten year old boy tells her that he is the reincarnation of her dead husband.
Something was lacking in this movie but I can't say what it was. The chemistry between Anna (Nicole Kidman) and young Sean (Cameron Bright) was so good that it could affect even the strongest stomachs in a bad way. Film was less verbal and more into character's emotions which was really great. The ending was very strange and complicated. I think I have to watch it again.

Sleepless in Seattle (93/Nora Ephron/US) 6/10
A man who recently lost his wife moves to Seattle in attempt to escape from old memories. His son calls a radio talk show on Christmas Eve and tries to find a wife for him.
It didn't stand up to the hype considering I'd been looking for this movie for a long time. Tom Hanks was great as usual, but I liked Cast Away a lot more than this movie.

Naked Gun (88/David Zucker/US) 7/10
A cop working for LA police squad tries to save the Queen Elizabeth from assassination while she is visiting LA.
A good goofy comedy full of explosions!

Naked Gun 2 1/2 (91/David Zucker/US) 6/10
In attempt to stop President from funding plans for solar energy, a scientist is being kidnapped and Frank once again tries to stop the kidnappers.
Not as good as the first one but still hilarious.

Naked Gun 33 1/3 (94/Peter Segal/US) 5/10
Six month after Frank is being retired he's asked to go undercover to stop a terrorist threat.
It pretty much sucked but it is okay because I like comedy anyway.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #90607
05/21/05 07:14 PM
05/21/05 07:14 PM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
Star Wars Episode I - The Phantom Menace ** (3rd time)
1999, Lucas, US
When a young queen's planet is invaded by a powerful trade federation, two Jedi Knights come to the rescue.
Despite some wretched casting, the special effects are really something, and it fills the many gaps in the often boring script with dazzling set-pieces.

Star Wars Episode II - Attack of the Clones ** (2nd time)
2002, Lucas, US
Anakin Skywalker undergoes Jedi training from a master while the galaxy's politics take an upheaval.
At times, this is even duller than Episode I, while at others it is even more extravagant; the romance has little emotional pull, and the humans once again play secondary roles to special effects.

Star Wars Episode III - Revenge of the Sith *** (1st time)
2005, Lucas, US
A change in balance of the Force takes place amidst war: Anakin is led astray of the Jedi way, and the Dark Lord wages war on all of the Jedi council.
Considering we know where it's leading, this is fascinating and compelling stuff; exhiliratingly made, with many different things happening at once. The final lightsabre showdowns are amazing, and, unlike its recent predecessors, it carries emotional conviction.

Mick

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #90608
05/21/05 09:20 PM
05/21/05 09:20 PM
Brazil
Tony Mosrite Offline
Underboss
Tony Mosrite  Offline
Underboss
Brazil
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
Glad you liked it. Not the best to me, but my favorite from 2004 and my second favorite movie.

If you liked Collateral you'll probably like Le Samouraï , which is directed by a French filmmaker who heavily inspired both Tarantino and Mann. Capo's best recommendation to me.
I wonder how long will take for me to have the chance to watch this movie

"I'm just a humble motherfucker with a big ass dick"
The Bunk
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #90609
05/21/05 10:32 PM
05/21/05 10:32 PM
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Mosrite:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
[b] Glad you liked it. Not the best to me, but my favorite from 2004 and my second favorite movie.

If you liked Collateral you'll probably like Le Samouraï , which is directed by a French filmmaker who heavily inspired both Tarantino and Mann. Capo's best recommendation to me.
I wonder how long will take for me to have the chance to watch this movie [/b][/quote]If you have a regionless player you can buy the Russian PAL DVD.

http://www.xploitedcinema.com/dvds/dvds.asp?title=2952

I myself lack a regionless, but I am able to play it on my PC. The only problem I had was playing with the menu to find out what was Play, Scene Selection, etc. If you want the French DVD, which is the best one out to my knowledge, it can be found here for more money.

http://www.xploitedcinema.com/dvds/dvds.asp?title=3743

Here\'s a DVD Review for the FRENCH DVD with pics for Le Samourai

What\'s Eating Gilbert Grape - (Hallström;1993;USA) - ***1/2
Gilbert Grape deals with living in a dull town where he must watch his retarded brother and care for his obese mother, when he and a new girl in town start a relationship.
This film has a lot of heart without being an over-sentimental mess. Johnny Depp is great once again as the protagonist. Dicaprio is good, although I don't know if it was an Oscar performance. The cinematography is very good, especially in the sunset date scene. A great portrayal of coming to terms with a dysfunctional family. I'm now interested in seeing My Life As a Dog.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #90610
05/21/05 11:08 PM
05/21/05 11:08 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Man Mick, it looks like you and I had the same idea

This summer I want to try to watch as many of the AFI's Top 100 List and I didn't mean to start it yet, but I'm going to see Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith probably next week or the week after so I figured I would watch all 5 of them before heading into the theater. Today I was able to watch the original trilogy:

Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope #15 on the AFI Top 100 List
I did enjoy these movies more the 2nd time around. I had seen these movies before but I really enjoyed them the last time I saw them a couple of months ago and even more today.

Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back is probably my favorite from the original trilogy. The ending I like better than Jedi and it has that moment where we find out the connection between Luke and Vader.

Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi I did enjoy this movie very much but I just like Empire more for the above reason. I don't hate the ewoks like so many before me have. And I would dare say it gives Empire a run for its money, but it's just not the best to me.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #90611
05/22/05 04:14 AM
05/22/05 04:14 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Finding Neverland (04/Marc Forster/UK, US) 8.5/10

Semi-fictional story of what inspired J. M. Barrie to write Peter Pan.
A magical and moving drama. I absolutely loved it, although it has lots of fiction along the facts. Johnny Dep and Kate Winslet are just amazing.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #90612
05/22/05 06:57 AM
05/22/05 06:57 AM
The free Iraq
Aziatic Offline
Underboss
Aziatic  Offline
Underboss
The free Iraq
The Leopard

First off, I have to admit that I didnt catch every single action. I had to pause the movie atleast 3 times because I had to watch it on PC and it crushed a couple of times :rolleyes: So I need a second viewing to capture the whole plotline...
"The Leopard" has to be one of the most beautifully filmed Movies of all time. The way Visconti moves the camera and captures the wonderful landscapes of Italy is breathtaking and reminds me often of Leone's work. The costume design is just perfect.
Burt Lancaster who plays the aging prince of Salina does a wonderful job, so does Alain Delon who plays his nephew. When Lancaster is on the screen, its hard to watch anything else on the screen because his face catches the viewers interest immediately and leaves the other characters behind...
Claudia Cardinale is just beautiful to watch and I didnt know that Terence Hill is also in it, but he doesnt have alot of screentime.
The 40 min.-long Ballscene at the end is one of the highlights. I read that it took 40 days to shoot it
Personally, I need some more information about the Italian Era at that time to understand the whole movie and have a clear opinion about the plot but after the first viewing I really enjoyed it. Visconti brought us a beautiful epic.

8.5/10 after first viewing. Im sure it will be atleast a 9 after the second...
One word: Beautiful

Quote of the Moment:

"Fredo - you're my older brother, and I love you. But don't ever take sides with anyone against the Family again. Ever."
Michael Corleone

My DVD Collection | My Showroom
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #90613
05/22/05 09:03 AM
05/22/05 09:03 AM
Scotland
Debz Offline
Underboss
Debz  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
I just watched Raging Bull for the first time this morning (bought it on DVD) and I didn't really like it Robert DeNiro was ace though but I just don't think it was my kind of film...

[Debz]
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #90614
05/22/05 09:24 AM
05/22/05 09:24 AM
State Asylum
Snake Offline
Underboss
Snake  Offline
Underboss
State Asylum
I did the exact same thing a few weeks ago, Deb. I thought, "Wow, this is on sale and it's supposed to be one of DeNiro's greatest performances! I gotta' buy it and finally sit down to watch it!" It suuuuucckked! Sorry, DeNiro fans, but I really, really hated it.

"Vaya con Dios, Castle. Go with God."
"God's going to sit this one out." The Punisher (2004)
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #90615
05/22/05 09:29 AM
05/22/05 09:29 AM
Scotland
Debz Offline
Underboss
Debz  Offline
Underboss
Scotland
Yeah, I thought it was going to be brilliant after all the things I'd heard people say about it but it just didn't seem to do anything for me

[Debz]
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #90616
05/22/05 11:00 AM
05/22/05 11:00 AM
California
X
XDCX Offline
XDCX  Offline
X

California
Wow! I gotta be honest, that's the first time I've heard that! Granted, not all great movies are for everybody, but Raging Bull?! I watched it for the first time a few months ago, when the SE was released, and I fell absolutely in love with the film. But everybody has different tastes.

"Growing up my dad was like 'You have a great last name, Galifianakis. Galifianakis...begins with a gal...and ends with a kiss...' I'm like that's great dad, can we get it changed to 'Galifianafuck' please?" -- Zach Galifianakis

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #90617
05/22/05 11:09 AM
05/22/05 11:09 AM
Brazil
Tony Mosrite Offline
Underboss
Tony Mosrite  Offline
Underboss
Brazil
Quote:
Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
[quote]Originally posted by Tony Mosrite:
[b] [QUOTE]Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
[qb] Glad you liked it. Not the best to me, but my favorite from 2004 and my second favorite movie.

I wonder how long will take for me to have the chance to watch this movie [/b][/quote]If you have a regionless player you can buy the Russian PAL DVD.

http://www.xploitedcinema.com/dvds/dvds.asp?title=2952

I myself lack a regionless, but I am able to play it on my PC. The only problem I had was playing with the menu to find out what was Play, Scene Selection, etc. If you want the French DVD, which is the best one out to my knowledge, it can be found here for more money.

thanks man, I'll see what I can do.

The Bunk
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #90618
05/22/05 11:35 AM
05/22/05 11:35 AM
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Snake:
I did the exact same thing a few weeks ago, Deb. I thought, "Wow, this is on sale and it's supposed to be one of DeNiro's greatest performances! I gotta' buy it and finally sit down to watch it!" It suuuuucckked! Sorry, DeNiro fans, but I really, really hated it.
Why?!

I personally think it's Scorsese's best.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #90619
05/22/05 12:38 PM
05/22/05 12:38 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
I didn't like that movie either and it is not boxing that's bothering me because I actually liked MDB. I can't figure out what was not right, but just yikes!!

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #90620
05/22/05 03:55 PM
05/22/05 03:55 PM
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Hannah and Her Sisters - (Allen;1986;USA) - ***1/2
The portrayal of several affairs and problems between three sisters and three men, one of which is the neurotic Jew.
Woody Allen brings yet another great film. Its witty dialogue never fails to hold humor. The story and its narrative are very well written and has very good acting to back it up, especially from Farrow and Caine.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #90621
05/22/05 10:35 PM
05/22/05 10:35 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Wow, I can't believe so many were displeased with Raging Bull. Pretty shocking to me because I loved that movie, but to each his own. I however finished the Star Wars series by watching both Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace and Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones. This was probably the best I've enjoyed both movies (especially II) but I still don't like young Anakin played by Jake Lloyd. Good movies and I hope to watch Episode III tomorrow!

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #90622
05/23/05 04:02 AM
05/23/05 04:02 AM
Lavinia from Italy Offline
Underboss
Lavinia from Italy  Offline
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by Aziatic:
[b]The Leopard

8.5/10 after first viewing. Im sure it will be atleast a 9 after the second...
One word: Beautiful [/b]
WOW, I'm glad you liked it, Aziatic! I understand the movie would need some background info about Italian history to be better appreciated, tell me if I can help you I'd be more than happy to do so.

I don't want realism. I want magic! Yes, yes, magic. I try to give that to people. I do misrepresent things. I don't tell the truth. I tell what ought to be truth (Blanche/A streetcar named desire)
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #90623
05/23/05 04:26 AM
05/23/05 04:26 AM
Underboss
Underboss
Yesterday I watched Lost in translation . Ok, it's a good movie. A little bit overrated, though. There are great moments, especially the funny ones about the American strangers in Tokio, but when it comes to the screen writing - which won Sofia Coppola an Oscar - I was a bit disappointed. I think it could have been better elaborated. A lost occasion. The topic was interesting, even if definitely not the most original one can think of. But the greatest thing about this movie is definitely Bill Murray's performance. He is absolutely great here. Funny in the amusing scenes and soberly desperate in the dramatic ones. Always credible, in sum. Remembering him mostly for his comic roles, I did not know he was such a great actor.

SPOILER

The ending sequence is nice. Sofia did not let us know what Bob is whispering to Scarlett's ear. She tried not to be corny, maybe? Anyway, she purposedly chose not to let us know. I found the detail enchanting. Letting us know if the two of them have a future as a couple (which I tend to believe, don't ask me why though, 'cause I don't know...)or not would have been trivial, unnecessary, redundant. Generally I don't appreciate those "open" endings in films, but this time I think it was the best choice. Two stranger souls meet in a stranger (more than stranger, alien!!) city and for a short time they happen to be as close as only twin souls can be. That is a miracle per se. We don't need know more.

I don't want realism. I want magic! Yes, yes, magic. I try to give that to people. I do misrepresent things. I don't tell the truth. I tell what ought to be truth (Blanche/A streetcar named desire)
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #90624
05/23/05 09:03 AM
05/23/05 09:03 AM
Gateshead, UK
Capo de La Cosa Nostra Offline
Capo de La Cosa Nostra  Offline

Gateshead, UK
Lavinia, I found the humour at the expense of Japanese pronunciation problems to be the only problem in the film.

Other than that, it's fantastic. The pacing, direction, soundtrack; all very enchanting, and I cannot agree more about the unheard whisper. You mentioned Murray; I agree, but equal credit to Johanssen, who is also magnificent.

Mick

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #90625
05/23/05 09:15 AM
05/23/05 09:15 AM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Quote:
Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
Lavinia, I found the humour at the expense of Japanese pronunciation problems to be the only problem in the film.
This is exactly what I didn't like about this movie.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #90626
05/23/05 09:40 AM
05/23/05 09:40 AM
Underboss
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by afsaneh77:
[quote]Originally posted by Capo de La Cosa Nostra:
[b] Lavinia, I found the humour at the expense of Japanese pronunciation problems to be the only problem in the film.
This is exactly what I didn't like about this movie. [/b][/quote]I understand the point, of course. It definitely was not the fairest thing to do. But I'd consider this to be a venial sin. If we should list all the movies which in a way or in another make a fool out of peoples' faults, the list will be endless. Plus, in my opinion this movie was not particularly "nasty". C'mon.....who has never joked about the Japanese "r"? :p

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #90627
05/23/05 10:35 AM
05/23/05 10:35 AM
Brazil
Tony Mosrite Offline
Underboss
Tony Mosrite  Offline
Underboss
Brazil
big sunday for me as I watched two great movies

Kill Bill Vol. 2 - it only got better in the second viewing, although it was the first time I really sat to watch it as a whole. none of the Tarantino trademarks I always loved (drugs, guns, street violence) are there, but it was like the director took only the few good things of commercial cinema and turned it into a big film. ( >>>SPOILERS<<< ) when Beatrix get off her grave, I knew that scene with her arm coming from the underground was one of the biggest cliches in the world of cinema, but it didn't feel cliche-like at all. but the best thing in it for me was that after watching Vol. 2, I felt that it was perfectly posible for The Bride to whack dozens and dozens of enemies in Vol. 1. after watching her under the trutelage of Pai Mei, I knew it wouldn't be that hard for her to get off her coffin and come back from death. Vol. 2 made the imposible seem reasonable. in fact, a great movie, 8.5 out of 10 for me.

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas - yes, the hype was too big. I really enjoyed this film, but all the things I heard about it before watching it got me waiting for something life changing. it was pretty unfair with this great movie. Johnny Depp and Benicio Del Toro were great by showing the viewer that their characters were totally stoned, and that's why they behaved almost like idiots. we didn't feel they are idiots, just that they are absolutely out of their minds. that's what I liked about it. in fact, I highly doubt the actors weren't pretty high too. not with the heavy drugs they do on the film, but maybe with loads of marijuana and some acid. anyway, a great movie too, 7.5 out of 10 in my humble opinion.

The Bunk
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #90628
05/23/05 12:00 PM
05/23/05 12:00 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Quote:
Originally posted by Lavinia from Italy:
I understand the point, of course. It definitely was not the fairest thing to do. But I'd consider this to be a venial sin. If we should list all the movies which in a way or in another make a fool out of peoples' faults, the list will be endless. Plus, in my opinion this movie was not particularly "nasty". C'mon.....who has never joked about the Japanese "r"? :p
Well, it is always good when it is not about us! :p

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #90629
05/23/05 05:13 PM
05/23/05 05:13 PM
Don Vercetti Offline
Don Vercetti  Offline

Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back - (Kershner;1980;USA) - ****
The rebel base is located by the Imperial Empire, and Luke continues his Jedi training with Jedi Master Yoda.
I'm glad I rewatched this after about eight years. This is definitely better then A New Hope. While there is only a moment of Alec Guinness, the story is much better then the first. The special effects are excellent, and this is probably the second best of '80 behind Raging Bull. The musical score is again, wonderful.

Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi - (Marquand;1983;USA) - ***1/2
The story continues with Han Solo's rescue from Jabba the Hutt, and Luke's inevitable confrontation with Darth Vader.
Not as compelling as the first two. It mainly creates the happy ending and finish all (or most) of the subplots. However this is still a creative film and has great special effects. I didn't like Lucas' additions of Naboo and Christensen [sp?] at the end but it isn't a minus for the whole film. The confrontation between Luke and Vader is the best part.

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #90630
05/23/05 05:24 PM
05/23/05 05:24 PM
Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Yogi Barrabbas Offline
Yogi Barrabbas  Offline

Newcastle-upon-Tyne UK
Last night i watched

THE LAST CASTLE
starring Robert Redford & James Gandolofini!
I enjoyed this movie but i did'nt like to see Gandolofini play the role of a dis-likeable bad guy. I kept thinking of him as Tony Soprano & how he would deal with Redford :rolleyes:
Obviously playing different roles is Gandolofini's job a an actor & i can guess he wants to do completely different stuff to his Tony Soprano character.
However in my mind now he will always be Tony Soprano..i just can't shake the mental image..it was the same in The Mexican.
Still it was a good film,with a great performance by Redford. I was glad i watched it!

I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees!
Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #90631
05/23/05 08:47 PM
05/23/05 08:47 PM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith was a great movie to say the least. I think a friend of mine said it best when I asked him what he would give it on a scale of 1-10. He gave it about an 8 or a 9 and that's what I would give it. A very good movie, but I didn't think it was a perfect 10. I definitely plan on seeing it again and for those of you who haven't seen it, don't wait any longer than you have to!

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #90632
05/24/05 03:58 AM
05/24/05 03:58 AM
The Villa Quatro
Irishman12 Offline OP
UNDERBOSS
Irishman12  Offline OP
UNDERBOSS

The Villa Quatro
My friend has had a movie called So Close for a while now and he was watching it with another friend a couple of nights ago. I had the time and was interested enough to watch this Hong Kong flick so I decided to give it a shot. It wasn't as good as Infernal Affairs (which was the last Asian film I've seen I believe). He was right but he really like it for the 3 main stars who are beyond hot to him. The movie stars Shu Qi, Zhao Wei, and Karen Mok. Shu Qi is amazingly gorgeous and some may remember her work on The Transporter

Re: Movies You Just Watched Discussion #90633
05/24/05 03:59 AM
05/24/05 03:59 AM
Underboss
Underboss
Quote:
Originally posted by afsaneh77:
Well, it is always good when it is not about us! :p
Afi, either I'm an unconsciously unsensitive anti-Japanese bastard or there actually wasn't so much offense in that film! :p I know I get offended when people tell all Italians are mafiosi, basically because it's a malevolent lie, since 99,99% of us are honest and good people. But the Japanese "r" is a reality. It's nobody's fault!

PS. Just kidding!

Page 28 of 319 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 318 319

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull