Quote:
Originally posted by Daigo Mick Friend:
Mick I think a few weeks back I gave you some advice about skipping Dune and watch "Wild at Heart" instead.
You did, yes, and I expected Dune to be bad. It's also Lynch, so I had to pick the DVD up when I saw it cheap. I plan on hunting down Wild at Heart next.

Thirteen ** (1st Time)
2004, Hardwicke, US
A teenager whose mother is seeing an ex-cocaine addict and whose father is never around for her turns to the school's most popular girl for comfort.
Surprisingly solid drama of the troubles of peer-pressure and where it all leads. If the narrative gets a tad repetitive and at times a little unbelievable, for the most part it delivers its message well.

Dead Man ** (1st Time)
1995, Jarmusch, US
A clerk from Cleveland finds himself pursued by the law, and is taken through the wilderness by a native Indian.
Odd take on the Western; a mystical approach with brilliant black and white photography and a haunting score.

Beauty and the Beast **** (1st Time)
1991, Trousdale/Wise, US
A prince cursed to living as a beast holds a village girl as his prisoner in the secret hope she can break his curse.
Glorious animated musical, a return to sure form from Disney after years in the wilderness. Animation and songs are both fantastic; the characters are sublime.

Mick

...dot com bold typeface rhetoric.
You go clickety click and get your head split.
'The hell you look like on a message board
Discussing whether or not the Brother is hardcore?