Quote:
Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
[b] Grumpier Old Men - (Deutch;1995;USA) - **
More antics ensue when an Italian woman turns the local bait shop into a restaurant.
I absolutely love these movies, but in the end it isn't anything special. A nice little comedy.

Anyway, I saw the trailer for the new Sandlot and I am absolutely disgusted. They even got a look alike fat kid for the wiseguy red-head. They also spoof some of the famous lines from the original. Assholes.

Anyway, I used to think Heat was better and hell I used to think Collateral was better, but I changed because I realized that The Insider is an amazing work, that does keep you attached without any violence or sex. Sure, it is a little long, but fascinating all the same. I rate Mann's films like this. However I can see your point, both are excellent works. I hope Mann makes more Neo-Noir films like Collateral and such.

1) The Insider - ****
2) Heat - ****
3) Collateral - ***1/2
4) Ali - **1/2 [/b]
I'm embarrassed to ask since I'm not a major movie buff, but is Collateral the Ah-nuld movie? If so, I can't ever imagine my wanting to see it.

You make a great point how Insider doesn't have to rely on sex & violence. It's just a good story. A little long, but so is Heat. The latter could have shortened itself by getting rid of the DeNiro "love interest" storyline. I've only seen Insider twice and can't say what I'd omit. Come to think of it, most of my favorite movies are lengthier: Godfather, Godfather II, Jaws, JFK, Heat, Insider, Goodfellas.