At Gotti's crowning-

the family meeting where Sammy alleges him and Angelo stood guard for intimidation purposes and Frankie Decicco nominates Gotti.... had Jimmy brown, Marino, Gaggi (was still around post Paulie hit if I recall correctly, Gallo, Joe
butch and Anthony Scotto (yes Joe Butch was friendly with Gotti but I've heard he didn't like what Gotti did early on) all spoke up and said they had the Chin's support since a commission rule
was broken and they do not recognise Gotti as boss

We could have another 3
Capos murder scenario granted this is more than 3 captains. And I highly doubt Gotti wanted a war ( I'm sure he was aware there could have been a war) for the Paul hit both with the Chin and Paul's side. But in his mind he was in a do or die situation with Paul (shown in the Cirelli apartment tapes) where he tells Frankie lo he believed Paul was gonna whack him. And Frankie disagrees.

Gotti was just banking on everyone falling in line which is exactly what happened publicly. But yes had a lot of them spoken up, would LcN rules back then dictate he needed a majority or unanimous vote ?