Gets

I have to say that if your not raised here than you'll have to lived here just a couple of years to understand it. The main difference is tolerance and acceptance overall. Being that I'm Black I'm speaking from my perspective, Whites here show their opinion of bigotry through subtitle ways or directly. The acceptance is letting you know all the info on such and such. The bigots are just going to be mindful of you per say. Any actions taken is generally going to be in their favors ( ganging up, discreet location, drunk or homeless scenarios).

I'm not trying to paint a bias picture just laying down the difference of attitude amongst Whites. There's a plethora of neighborly Whites here that wouldn't hesitate to help Blacks. Now what's noticable, just like nationwide, is that public & private schools is one of the most visible seperation here. After the 60s, Private schools popped up like ant hills statewide. Large amount of White students goes private and Blacks to public. Also displays the social class difference, cost more to go private. So the whites that can't afford it send their child to public ( or don't see no problem with public).

Some public schools have a fair balance between Black and White while the rest are majority one or other. My High school was mostly Black ( I'm guessing 55-57% with whites at 40ish) at the time but I don't know what's it is now.

Last edited by BlackFamily; 01/03/17 11:54 AM. Reason: Error in parentheses

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb