BF and Yates,

While I get my tallies in order, so that NJ can take the crown, thought I'd weigh in on the topic of Miss. and racism.

I'm not from there, never set foot there but I grew up with people from all over the deep south including Miss.They were first generation northerners. When their relatives came up to visit with pictures of where they were from I got curious and wanted to know why people would leave areas so nice and spacious to live in what was a northeast 'hood. Part of it was the jobs available up north and some if it was the institutional racism down there. The laws on the books, practices, etc

People realized that the could move to a different part of the country where they could enjoy more of the freedoms that all Americans had. This is what was told to me as a kid and what I read about whenever I read about the "Great Migration".

I'm sure things have changed greatly since the Fed. govt basically forced Southern states to legally treat all Americans the same in the mid 60s. It's been only 2 generations since the Civil Rights Acts and I think we'd all agree that racial attitudes developed over centuries aren't going to change completely in 50 years.