Speaking of Jews, I'm almost done watching Once Upon A Time In America. Back in the '90s I rented a VHS version of this that was just awful. It was edited all to hell. Made no sense whatsoever. I could see the great acting but the story was just a mess the way they kept cutting back and forth in the timeline. Finally I get the BluRay which is the actual uncut version and it is just beautiful. The cinematography of New York to stand in for the prohibition era is amazing. The story makes sense now and even though it's such a long movie it somehow moves fast enough to keep you interested. I'm going to watch it again as soon as I'm done and try to connect the characters to the real life mobsters they're based on. If you haven't seen it, or have only seen the crappy edited version that went around in decades' past, be sure to see the full unedited version. Masterpiece by Sergio Leone that could be up there with Scorsese and Coppola.

Last edited by OakAsFan; 12/19/16 04:04 AM.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea