Quote:
Originally posted by Irishman12:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Vercetti:
[b] Enjoy, "Once...in America" is one of the best films ever and Sergio Leone's masterpiece.
I didn't really like it that much. I mean, I started to get into it and it wasn't horrible at all. I did enjoy it, but from what I heard from other members on the board was that it was this great movie and I just think it didn't live up to it. Plus, I was confused with the last 20 mins of the movie! [/b][/quote]First of all, don't think of it as a Goodfellas type of movie, drop that right away. It's a film that has much depth. As I said, the plot is a man who returns to his home after many years to discover how he regrets his old decisions. Every single scene is not only essential, but it all adds up to a masterpiece, and one of the greatest films ever IMO. Not one single scene should be deleted. There is much symbolism that even I have not gotten all of. One of my favorites is the constant ringing phone in the beginning.

There are two main interpretations of the movie, one being the way you see it, and one being that all the old man scenes are an opium dream (urban legend is opium makes you dream of the future). Look at past threads in the mob movie forum. But hell, I'm not the least bit surprised you didn't like it.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006