Five Easy Pieces - (Rafelson;1970;USA) - ****
A forsaking oil rigger discovers his father is ill and returns with his devout girlfriend to the life he ran away from.
Jack Nicholson gives off one of his greatest performances as Robert Dupea, who gave up his life as a pianist in his upper class family to go on a road to nothing. The piano music is great for the film and has several great supporting actors including Karen Black, Lois Smith, Susan Anspach, and Ralph Waite. From the great opening playing "Stand By Your Man" to the end scenes that are so true to the character, especially the talks with Catherine and his father. This is a highly underrated film that deserves much more praise. The characters are shown as real as they can be, with no sugar coating most films have to make people likable. Nicholson is truly one of my favorite actors. This makes me wanna rewatch "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest."

"I move around a lot, not because I'm looking for anything really, but 'cause I'm getting away from things that get bad if I stay."

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006