The Ten Commandments - (DeMille;1956;USA) - ****
A Hebrew raised as an Egyptian carries out God's will to free the Hebrews from slavery.
Definately beats Spartacus as an epic. DeMille seems to know just how to make an epic and I hope to see more of him. This is the best Biblical film I have seen and its hard to find anything wrong with it. Great music, great cast, great director. Charlton Heston gives a great performance as Moses and the cast carries the film perfectly as well. Yul Brynner is perfect as the villian and gives off a good job as well. The special effects were great for their time and although dated are still superb. A classic film that could be enjoyed by anyone, religious or not. Edward G. Robinson was good but I like him better in Double Indemnity. Did anyone see H.B. Warner? This was his last speaking role. I also loved Vincent Price and John Carradine in their roles. A classic with just about everything a film should have. The way they showed God make the tablets was excellent.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006