Quote:
Originally posted by SC:
Re-watched "The Devil's Advocate" on tv last night. I had forgotten how good Pacino was in that.

Also, I watched the prequel to "The Exorcist" (for the first time) yesterday. It wasn't all that great, but it was certainly better than Parts 2 and 3.
SC, there's one thing I LOATHE about the new Exorcist.

Morgan Creek Productions fired Paul Schrader after he had submitted a completed movie, saying that he had given them "footage without any of the bloody violence the backers had wanted". He had already made it clear in interviews that he was making more of a psychological drama than an all-out gore-fest. He was fired and Renny Harlin was hired to re-shoot the movie. Almost 90% of the movie was re-shot and at least two characters have been dropped from Paul Schrader's version of the movie. However, Morgan Creek Productions stated in an interview on E: True Hollywood Story, that they will release Paul Schrader's version of the film on DVD in the near future.

For anyone who doesn't know, Schrader is responsible for writing screenplays for Taxi Driver, Raging Bull, City Hall, and Bringing Out the Dead.

Proud Member of the Gangster BB Bratpack - Fighting Elitism and Ignorance Since 2006