Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
Originally Posted By: mikeyballs211
So this may be a dumb question and if it is I do apologize but im a Philly guy...but since the Wiseguys moved outta BK and the Bronx largely, do you guys think they hold court in bars/restaurants in the more suburban Long Island/ North Jersey areas where they typically reside? ... i would think the days of the Gambinos for instance having regular meetings at restaurants in Dyker Heights or Bensonhurst would be dwindling simply because of gentrification but I have no clue... any insight?

Areas like Glen Cove, and Manhasset, and other towns further out east on Long Island has a presence of Bonannos. Some of the guys who were pictured and mentioned in those articles about Joe Cammarano Jr. were Queens/LI based Bonannos, by based I mean where most of them currently reside. And I believe the pictures of the meeting Cammarano Jr had were taken in LI, I could be wrong though. There are a few social clubs in these areas, very few. And you simply don't see guys hanging out and holding court outside of bars/restaurants/social clubs anymore.

And while these mobsters moved out to LI, they don't live in Italian enclaves like they once did back in their days in the cities, these suburban areas in Long Island are also very mixed, there's a lot of "white" areas, but real WASP, American types, no blue collar Italians. But a mix of various caucasian types. So they can't sit out for that reason either, they'd stick out like a sore thumb.

The meeting you're referring to occurred in Staten Island, specifically at a restaurant called Bocelli. Many of these guys live in Long Island, but they seem to mainly operate/socialize in Brooklyn, Queens and SI.