Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
Originally Posted By: helenwheels
Originally Posted By: MrJustsayNo
I'm Sicilian,And Bensonhurst still has tons of Italians,along with Dyker and Bay ridge ! There are Social clubs everywhere !! On the Ave I live on ,If you mean "(social Clubs)" as in the general meaning of the word there is 11 "Social Clubs" within 4 blocks of my residence ! But,If you mean places where they "SOCIALIZE" Forget it, There's cafe's, restaurants big and small and many other businesses where they congregate,It could be a number of places,Jewelry store,Butcher ,Pizza parlor,used car lot,Funeral parlor,Bars or,the number of non descript storefronts on side blocks or avenues with just a doorway and a window with the shades drawn ! Staten Island "Mob Island" as us locals call it is totally controlled,inhabited by Italians,Whites ! 99% of people would have absolutely no idea or clue if they were amongst "WISEGUYS" ! Even the Gang members today don't represent themselves like they did 10-20 years ago !! Ex:The way they dressed,spoke,colors ,signs,etc etc !! Don't people do "MOB TOURS" these days for a fee ?? Lmao,Now that is some funny shit ! Historic hangouts of THE MOB ! What a joke !!

I was at Regina Pacis last week. Drove in the old neighborhood. Dyker is still Dyker . But Bensonhurst is much different than it was. Even 18th avenue has chinese signs outside most of the stores. It was fucking depressing. It looks like Sunset Park.

I dont know how old you are, but you can't seriously compare the way it is now to the way it was in the 70s, 80s and 90s. Ive also never heard anyone local refer to SI as mob island. Although we did always call the Verrazano the Guinea gangplank. And the north shore of si is definitely not inhabited by italians, and really never was, even 20-30 years ago. Just the south shore.

Im very curious as to where these 11 social clubs in a 4 block radius in bensonhurst are. Can you give a general location, avenue or cross street.

Pay no attention to "MrJustSayNo", he does nothing but post broken link after broken link and claims long defunct families (according to LE) as still being factors today. If you ask him, whether it's Cleveland, Ybor City, or Kansas, there's "LOADS OF ITALIANS!!" in all these places and they all still aspire to be nothing more than mobsters.

Gotcha wink. Thanks SC.

All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I never met anyone who didn't have a very smart child. What happens to these children, you wonder, when they reach adulthood?