Originally Posted By: mikeyballs211
So this may be a dumb question and if it is I do apologize but im a Philly guy...but since the Wiseguys moved outta BK and the Bronx largely, do you guys think they hold court in bars/restaurants in the more suburban Long Island/ North Jersey areas where they typically reside? ... i would think the days of the Gambinos for instance having regular meetings at restaurants in Dyker Heights or Bensonhurst would be dwindling simply because of gentrification but I have no clue... any insight?

It's not a dumb question.

Dyker isn't gentrified, mostly because it was always a fairly affluent area. Bensonhurst isn't gentrified either (not yet anyway), it's still working and lower class, it's just not Italian anymore.

There are still places they go in Brooklyn. Less than before, but Dyker and Bay Ridge still have some of the old hangouts. Staten Island has quite a few places where they gather. There are some spots in the 'burbs too. Buona Sera in Red Bank NJ is a generally good place to see wiseguys having dinner on Thursday nights, usually NY transplants now living in the area. Osteria in Marlboro sometimes. I don't know of any social clubs in this part of Jersey. That may be a city only kind of thing.

All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I never met anyone who didn't have a very smart child. What happens to these children, you wonder, when they reach adulthood?