I've seen a huge drop in oxy selling as dealers can't get the quantity anymore. Back in the day big dealers could get their hands on 1000+ a month to sell which brought in serious $ and thus OC involvement ( 2009 to 2013 probably had huge oxy envelops ) . There was a big Nutley bust maybe 4-5 years ago where the crew had ties to NJ OC but it wasn't reported .

Now Heroin is a totally different thing but IMO LE has done a very good job in a pretty short time frame to shut down the oxy trade . Now there are some people that can get their hands on a script or 2 a month but the days of having a crew moving hundreds a week are gone , at least from what I know . Moving large quantity of weed is where they are likely now more than ever and even if you only move 25-50 lb a month of hydro , your making real $ ( CA and Col wholesale prices were slashed big time in last year so a good dealer can clear maybe $1k gross a lb )- its feeding people for sure . Shoot some retailers moving a lb or 2 a week are able to eat

everyone knows about the quasi legit construction , real estate , garbage stuff but the area that has evolved where people are making some good $ today is check cashing and money laundering . Those west side nj guys have access to a lot of cash and can service all kinds of other criminals and criminal activity in the area and money laundering can be a mobile business that must be impossible to keep up with llcs within llcs within llcs and all with fronts lol.

The luchesse seem big in gambling and I'm sure other stuff and prolly the gambinos too but to this day I've never heard about a gambino nj book / racket lol , but the WS are some real professional racketeers in NJ , pretty amazing how they can evolve their rackets with LE trends.

I wasn't around in the 80s , and the 90s had some real blue collar , cowboy open shit but that's gone, and the few that do won't last . I feel the luchesse will always likely have a big book business and some ancillary stuff but the WS likely have their hands in a ton and their bankroll likely allows them to facilitate all kinds of shit and keep it quiet, small crews. I was a regular at a place they had a big money laundering op and you would have no idea , and they did an insane amount . Newark has a lot of $ activity but you wouldn't have a clue , real pros I guess with their hands likely in some real major activity thats borderline legit and again I can't even imagine how hard for LE to track . Their book is likely so big it can finance all kinds of high end activity. Some of these guys had a ton of shit in JC and a ton of real estate , what a score! and god only knows the property they own in Newark with all the redevelopment around Harrison and NWK PATH- Its likely going to be another score . A lot more bars for these guys to go to now as well lol. Sorry about using the word likely so much but in all honesty I have almost no rap clue on the above so def take with multiple grains of salt

Last edited by DB; 12/09/16 11:27 AM.