GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (U talkin' da me ??), 672 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,962
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,671
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,544
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,492
Posts1,061,852
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: BILL CLINTON ARKANSAS OC MOB CONNECTED [Re: Binnie_Coll] #900763
12/06/16 02:08 AM
12/06/16 02:08 AM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
Marcello may have network with others across the South but his territory was only within N.O metro. Too many other local syndicates in other major Southern cities.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: BILL CLINTON ARKANSAS OC MOB CONNECTED [Re: MrJustsayNo] #900775
12/06/16 06:45 AM
12/06/16 06:45 AM
Chicago
C
CabriniGreen Offline
Underboss
CabriniGreen  Offline
C
Underboss
Chicago
@ Blackfam

I think his territory was a little more extensive, there was a reason a few mob historians actually had Marcello as a top three Boss in the entire country. (Along with Gambino and Giancana) one of these I read was Mafia Dynasty. Here's an excerpt from Mobb Summit....

“In another sense, the choice of Apalachin was simply an accident of mob geography, an alternate reality determined not by distance but by family connections, a world quite unlike that which is portrayed in conventional atlases. Mob America was a landscape where Dallas functioned as a suburb of New Orleans, Los Angeles as well as Kansas City were fiefdoms of Chicago, and Chicago itself was not the second city but the first”

And not just that, Marcello had control over the whole gulf coast, like Texas was HIS territory, kinda like Chicago had oversight on the west coast, all kinds of smuggling, and just legit shipping routes, I think this is also overlooked....

I tried explaining this to I think Ivey before, that Marcello was no small fish, and that the 20 made guys, or whatever it was down there maybe wasn't the best indicator of his actual strength.

Same situation with a family like Buffalo ( Good lord, I am NOT trying to reopen that can of worms...) Buffalo, actually meant a lot more than just Buffalo. You had to include what, Ontario, and other cities like Hamliton right?

Edit: A couple more excerpts....

“Mob geography divided New York City by family, not borough. Cleveland and Pittsburgh both claimed Youngstown, Ohio, as their own. Cuba lost its status as an independent sovereign state to become an imperial colony of the mob. Las Vegas and Miami were both “open” cities, belonging to no one single family.
Like the famed Saul Steinberg cartoon map of Manhattan, showing the distortion through which New Yorkers view the world, the mob map of America displays an outsized layout springing from the obsessions and misrepresentations of a single isolated tribe. Organized crime challenged conventions in the national economy, yes, but it also twisted borders and topography.”

“Buffalo, in this scheme of things, possessed an importance all out of proportion to its size. The Buffalo mob sprawled into Rochester and Utica, reaching tentacles into Canada, Ohio and, most germane in terms of the Apalachin summit, penetrating into northwest Pennsylvania, the Pittston-Scranton-Wilkes-Barre area.”

“When Charles Luciano and his cohorts formalized the hegemony of the modern mob in 1931, the Mafia’s first ruling Commission seated seven bosses. These included representatives from New York and Chicago, which could only be expected, but also the boss of another, smaller city, one which you might not necessarily suspect would warrant the honor. Steven Magaddino of Buffalo”
“Magaddino’s name stands out on that debut Mafia Commission among such worthies as Al Capone, Charlie Luciano, Joe Bonanno, and Joe Profaci. What was a humble lakeside cousin doing in this august company? But Magaddino of Buffalo controlled the smuggling routes from Canada, and that lent him enormous weight. Within the organization schema of organized crime” , the Queen City, the City of Good Neighbors, the City of Light—all chamber of commerce nicknames for Buffalo—possessed a surprising primacy.
In this sense, strictly in terms of the 1950s mob geography, the choice of Apalachin had a logic all its own. Dope was becoming more and more the new reality of the mob, and Apalachin fell squarely within the territory of Magaddino, one of the country’s” “leading dope smugglers. Concealed in trucks and cars rattling down from Buffalo, headed to New York City on Route 17, shipments of heroin completed the last leg of their long international journey.”

( I know a lot of this stuff is off topic, but I felt compelled to add, a lot of this is why I had interest in the Buffalo threads, I feel like it's kinda, unexplored? Any way.....)

Excerpt From: Reavill, Gil. “Mafia Summit.” St. Martin’s Press. iBooks.
This material may be protected by copyright.

Check out this book on the iBooks Store: https://itun

Last edited by CabriniGreen; 12/06/16 07:19 AM.
Re: BILL CLINTON ARKANSAS OC MOB CONNECTED [Re: BlackFamily] #900777
12/06/16 08:10 AM
12/06/16 08:10 AM
H
Hollander Offline
Hollander  Offline
H

Originally Posted By: BlackFamily
Marcello may have network with others across the South but his territory was only within N.O metro. Too many other local syndicates in other major Southern cities.

They were active in Louisiana, Texas, Mississippi and Alabama.

"The king is dead, long live the king!"
Re: BILL CLINTON ARKANSAS OC MOB CONNECTED [Re: CabriniGreen] #900780
12/06/16 08:55 AM
12/06/16 08:55 AM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
Cabrini-Green
Long time since we spoke and you hear about the remnants of the projects still at it now ( MC v GD)?.
Off topic but back to Marcello...

I understand his influence with others as being a traditional Sicilian don and yes he network with other racketeers down here along the Gulf Coast. There's a slight difference between doing business and staking territory. Organized Crime down South ( Non LCN) is not well documented outside certain major cities and Kingpins. I'm still reading and researching as we speak about Organized Crime in my state ( Sip) and currently reading Southern Justice about the Dixie Mafia and Shirley murders. So far Marcello have been mentioned once so far and it was a contractual business.

Read about other cities Houston , Memphis, Atlanta ( mobsters couldn't get a stronghold on the Gambling due to local syndicates), and Nashville too. That's why I'm stating that his territory is N.O metro and add other nearby areas of Louisiana.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: BILL CLINTON ARKANSAS OC MOB CONNECTED [Re: Hollander] #900781
12/06/16 08:56 AM
12/06/16 08:56 AM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
Read what I replied to Cabrini-Green.

- African Proverb
Re: BILL CLINTON ARKANSAS OC MOB CONNECTED [Re: MrJustsayNo] #900787
12/06/16 10:50 AM
12/06/16 10:50 AM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
Hollander is right, that was Marcello's territory. If you done anything big down here you paid Marcello something. It doesn't mean they were under his thumb per say and paid everything in tribute, but if you scored big you was going to pay Marcello.

Just like Kirksey Nix Jr. didn't plan on that Corso heist knowing he had to pay a tribute to Marcello as it was in New Orleans.

Black, I think you mean the Sherry murders and not "Shirley". I would also suggest Mississippi Mud as well. Probably the best book on the Sherry murders, comes from an author with the Sherry daughter's help. Talks from the moment he was hit to the end of Mr. Mike's trial (whom I can remember hearing about in the mid 90's as my Dad lived in Gulfport for a year or two)

Re: BILL CLINTON ARKANSAS OC MOB CONNECTED [Re: BlackFamily] #900797
12/06/16 11:35 AM
12/06/16 11:35 AM
Nyc
MrJustsayNo Offline OP
Capo
MrJustsayNo  Offline OP
Capo
Nyc
@Blackfamily, Yeah,That's a Lil old and overstated on Arkansas ,Still top 10.Chicago,I think is #1 most corrupt city in the nation,Illinois top 5 !

Re: BILL CLINTON ARKANSAS OC MOB CONNECTED [Re: dixiemafia] #900803
12/06/16 12:18 PM
12/06/16 12:18 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
Thanks for the correction DixieMafia and that's the book I'm reading ( Said the wrong title) currently. If your referring to the Gulf Coast of Sip when you say down here then I disagree. The Kingpin of the Strip didn't kickback anything to Marcello.

- African Proverb
Re: BILL CLINTON ARKANSAS OC MOB CONNECTED [Re: Fleming_Ave] #901151
12/09/16 05:35 PM
12/09/16 05:35 PM
Past caring, then hang a left
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss
Past caring, then hang a left
Originally Posted By: Fleming_Ave
Sure, the Clintons are connected. They are from Arkansas, where there's wiseguys on every corner. (sarcasm)

Billy Joe Baggadonuts wink

All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I never met anyone who didn't have a very smart child. What happens to these children, you wonder, when they reach adulthood?

Re: BILL CLINTON ARKANSAS OC MOB CONNECTED [Re: MrJustsayNo] #901193
12/09/16 10:16 PM
12/09/16 10:16 PM
Alabama
D
dixiemafia Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
dixiemafia  Offline
ROLL TIDE!!!!!
D
Underboss
Alabama
No I wasn't referencing Mr. Mike paying Marcello. I was talking about groups like Kirksey Nix having to pay Marcello for jobs in Dallas and NOLA.

Re: BILL CLINTON ARKANSAS OC MOB CONNECTED [Re: MrJustsayNo] #901605
12/13/16 07:45 PM
12/13/16 07:45 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
bill Clinton grew up in hot springs, and I think mob money was behind him becoming Arkansas governor. but mina ark, was indeed a major drug distribution center, Clinton had some dealings with those people. as far as Marcello is concerned, when bobby kennedy became attorney general in 1961, he regarded giancana, and Marcello, trafficante, as the most powerful Mafioso in the country. and along with jimmy Hoffa he went right after them, even kidnapping Marcello. and dropping him off in central American. much is written about kennedy, and Marcello.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull