Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not for or against this. I'm not big on national monuments. They're symbols to me. Nothing more. I'm all about the here and now. But some people do want Obama on Mount Rushmore.

Is there a case?

I'll play devil's advocate and point out a few things.

1) He may have saved the country from going into a second depression. We were in an ugly recession when he took over. Malls were uncharacteristically empty Christmas of '08. The econo
my started to improve almost immediately after he took office. We were out of the recession later in 2009. The economic numbers are far better today than when he took office.

2) He killed Bin Laden. Bush couldn't even locate him, and with all of Bush's efforts in Iraq, he'd pretty much let Bin Laden run free. Obama kept the hunt on Bin Laden and eventually got him.

3) First black president. That is a huge accomplishment in a nation with such a history of racism. Think of all the black people in America who never thought they'd see a black president. His election was certainly a magical moment in U.S. history based on that alone.

Again, I'm not for or against Obama on Mount Rushmore. I couldn't care less. Just thought it would make an interesting topic.

Obama did not kill Bin Laden if your going to give credit to anyone give it to the CIA he did very little just gave the OK when he got the info they had been looking for him for years it would not have mattered who the president was any presdient who did not give the OK would have been crazy

The whole story about Bin Laden is dodgey anyway I have my doubts about the story I believe the US knew where he was for awhile couldent kill him had to negotiate with Pakasanti government for permission don't believe US just flew in and out undetected

Do agree with your third statement though oak a black man being elected as President of the US is great thing not just for the US but the whole western world

Last edited by gangstereport; 11/30/16 04:32 AM.

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion