Originally Posted By: gangstereport
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38059623

US to quit TTP on Trumps first day in office. This probably marks the end of the US influence in Asia China will be delighted about this.

I can understand the USs reason however for leaving this deal could have fucked over a lot of people. The US is on real decline as a super power last 20 years it cant afford to be a major power it is acting like it is a dying major power Trump will speed it up 15-20 years from now US won't be a superpower. US is acting like Britain did in the 1950s wanting the country to look inward.

A lot of people in US can't see it yet but everyone else can the world is changing fast next few years will be interesting

The debate here in America on TPP is interesting as many people don't understand, or aren't aware of that part of it in your post that I bolded. China (who declined being a part of TPP) has countered with RCEP, which excludes the US. If China gets that kind of leverage, and gets enough countries on board it will certainly cost the US our leadership status in the Pacific.

The voices calling for pivoting away from free trade are interesting too, for a myriad of reasons.

Last edited by helenwheels; 11/23/16 11:03 AM.

All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I never met anyone who didn't have a very smart child. What happens to these children, you wonder, when they reach adulthood?