Hello everyone, long time since I've been here. Personally I don't think electoral college is a bad thing. In fact, for the reasons mustachepete mentioned, it's a great thing. I've always liked how the US's election results come out before all the votes have been counted. You can't change the rules when they aren't in your favor. And many people didn't vote because they knew they live in a state that their vote didn't matter, so you can't say Clinton would've won the popular vote if the rules were different.

She wasn't a likable or charismatic person. The fact that Obama beat her in the primary, or someone like Bernie Sanders who had almost no chance in the beginning, but at the end was putting her campaign in danger goes to show how she was not popular within the democratic party, let alone the country. Democratic party had greater and younger potential candidates like Cory Booker, Castro brothers, heck, even the old Elizabeth Warren, but she made sure they wouldn't run to ensure her nomination. She just was not going to win. But I doubt even if you shouted this into her face, she would have accepted it.

Last edited by afsaneh77; 11/13/16 01:23 AM.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones