Originally Posted By: pmac
Theres a great article about the 78heist. Vincent asoros cousin goes step by step says he was the guy who pistoled whipped the security guard i forgot what he said simmone did. His cousin vinny and burke were in a car down the street watching the thing. He tells how they split the money the whole thing he got like 250k but got screwed out some extra he didnt get killed.
I found Gary Valenti's account intriguing. Skeptical at first as he was never mentioned at all in the thing to my knowledge. But after reading his account from the Asaro/Bonanno side he is surprisingly credible. Makes sense that Jimmy would include Vinny Asaro given his pedigree and that was his stomping grounds. Made sense that Vinny would put his cousin in the thing so he would be involved with the actual robbery and receive a nice cut.Also makes sense that Vinny got a three- quarter mill plus jewelry as a cut and kicked up the jewelry to his Capo Joey Massino as his cut while giving a small share to his cousin and keeping the lion's share of their cut to himself to gamble away and later telling Valenti that Jimmy fucked him. Burke didn't fuck Asaro, just an excuse to tell Valenti for glomming his cut. Jimmy was smart. Give Asaro three quarter mill and jewelry and let him kick up the ladder. Gave Paulie a million. Give the other guys enough to make the happy until they were whacked and kept the rest for himself. The question I have is how much they gave the Gotti crew. Nobody from that crew was involved in the heist. I just wonder if they gave them like a quarter million and said we will whack Tommy DeSimone for Billy Batts and Foxy and call it even. I believe Gotti would have gone for that deal.

Last edited by carlitosway; 10/27/16 02:24 AM.