@ Alfa

See this is why I feel you guys need to read more about Italian oc, cause some of the stuff you are saying is just strange now.

I've explained, the whole family- blood relative structure thing ad nauseum, but you guys INSIST on INSISTING that these clans MUST be organized like NY families to be considered organized crime. And what's silly is that the American LCN is an offshoot of the Italian organizations.

Your logic on the Bonnaos owning the Rizzutos, if that's the case you can almost argue that the Five families are really Sicilian mafia crews that never actually broke away I mean, WTF?

The mother thing I find amusing, cause we just had a post of the HEAD OF THE SICILIAN MAFIAS sister being convicted of being a " Made MAN" lol. That's who he trusted, I think he had a couple of sisters, or an aunt involved as well.
I've explain again AD NAUSEUM, that clans that focus on drug dealing long term, the structure changes to accommodate this. Eventually all they really need is a connect and trust, and the trust comes from Blood Relatives, not some crook whose loyalty is entirely based off his ability to earn with you. These people trust MONEY, their ability to BUY people, not some fuckin Oath and a burning Saint card. It's the Escobar/ Narcos philosophy Plata y Plomo, Silver or Lead. They will bribe you or kill you. And it's all in the family.

There are female bosses all over Naples, and recently the Sicilian clans operations look more like the " DISORGANIZED" Naples clans then the traditional mafia extortion operations. In the show Gommorah the MOTHER is the one who took over the clan, and this is VERY REALISTIC, but I feel like you are stuck in the like 70-80s mindset.

You ever read about Immacolata Capone, Maria Licciardi, Rosetta Cutolo? Or the Greco mafia war in Sicily, between BLOOD RELATIVES. About how a rival was shot, dying in the street, and a MOTHER AND DAUGHTER run into the street and finish the guy off with Kitchen knives? I really feel like you should read MORE.

Structurally, to make the big money, Sicily has ALWAYS NEEDED NEW YORK. It's the Marketplace to move narcotics for them. Their relationships with the Five families is almost always based on that.

I'll say it again, THERE WAS NO LINK BETWEEN THE FIVE FAMILIES AND COLOMBIA!!! CC clan coke went to Canada and Europe. New York was the province of the Cali coke Cartel, period. Ya gotta do the knowledge, the research.
ITS STILL TRUE TODAY THROUGH THE DOMINICANS. The Mexicans would love to have it, but there is no Italian coke cartel in NY, at least, not until those Calabrians and the Gambinos get cooking..... Even the Queens operation showed that was an EXPORT OPERATION, not retail in NY.

Put it this way, who in LCN was bigger in Coke than John Roberts, aka John Riccobono? With the direct plug to the Colombians?

I'll grant you Rizzuto may not have been his own man, but he wasn't OWNED by the Bonnanos. If anyone, it was the CC clan, and the Sicilian mafia clans they did business with. See the CC clan interest encompass ALL the Sicilian mafia, as well as the Siderno group, and quite possibly the strongest of the Naples clans like the Nuvolettas, and Mazzarellas, as these clans were part of some of the original drug pacts with Cosa Nostra....

THIS EXCERPT HERE....

According to Natoli, "the clan is best described as an international holding ... a holding which secures certain services for the Sicilian Cosa Nostra as a whole: drug-trafficking routes and channels for money-laundering." The families [BadWord] and Caruana are the nucleus of the clan. They are relatives; they inter-married like medieval feudal lords to strengthen their criminal alliance. Consequently, the clan is very compact with great cohesion. Natoli describes it as "a very tight knit family group of men-of-honor, not only joined by Mafia bonds, but also byties of blood." The strength of this group – apart from the numbers and solid relationships – is that it moved to the nerve-centres of drug trafficking in North and South America.

Within Cosa Nostra few know who they are, but all know what they are. "Everybody knew that [BadWord]-Caruana were the undisputed controllers of the Canadian and Venezuelan market," says Gaspare Mutolo, a pentito (repentant) who himself was heavily involved in the drug trade, but became a state witness in 1992. (20) "In Cosa Nostra it was generally known that they were involved in drug trafficking at a very high level," says Mutolo. Indeed, the names [BadWord] and Caruana were – and probably still are – a guarantee of a good deal.

Moreover, the clan has scarcely been touched by the Sicilian Cosa Nostra's internal power-struggles, like the one which brought Totò Riina and his Corleonesi to power in the 1980s. One reason is that the [BadWord]-Caruana clan had moved abroad. Another is that it positioned itself at an equal distance to the different factions in the Sicilian Mafia. As Natoli explains: "Their interest is the drug trade, an activity which runs right across different interests and actions. That is why they have to keep a central position and be independent from whatever 'political' wing that rules Cosa Nostra."

The [BadWord]'s and Caruana's were and probably still are leading international drug traffickers, and they control a significant part of the money laundering networks," noted prosecuting judge Gioacchino Natoli from Palermo.

"The difference between the [BadWord]-Caruana clan and other Mafia families is that they have a key-position in the drug trade and money laundering for Cosa Nostra,

In his view, the clan is the international transport service and the launderette of Cosa Nostra. It brings together the producers and distributers of narcotics. "Almost all the money of the Sicilian Mafia in North-America to purchase heroin and the resulting proceeds went through their hands." The [BadWord] and Caruanas are necessary and irreplaceable for every other Mafia family. Their services are indispensable. Consequently, "the others are allied with them."

The French Connection was a prelude to the Pizza Connection. In both cases the trade was organized by Sicilian men of honor, and not American made-members. Heroin wholesaling in the US was firmly in the hands of a Sicilian network, which supplied American Cosa Nostra Families at the distribution level. The Sicilians had the licence of the American bosses who 'franchised' the import to them. (39) The [BadWord]-Caruana-Bono combination supplied the market in the 1970s and kept on supplying in 1980s.

When the clan had to move to Canada half-way through the 1960s they found shelter with the Montreal Cotroni Family, a sub-division of the New York Bonanno Family. The logic of Mafia hierarchy required the clan to be subordinate to the Cotroni bosses. These bosses soon discovered they had lost control over their supposed Sicilian underlings who had set up their own narcotics racket. When Cotroni boss Paolo Violi tried to re-establish his leadership, he was eliminated. (41)

It's astonishing to me. Salvatore Vitale can be Underboss with NO POWER, we know this. He was forbidden from meeting with the capos, nor could he receive tributes from them. So you can be Underboss with no power, but a soldier who operated with complete autonomy, can't be a boss in all but name.

I can read about SOLDIERS WITH JUICE, like a Vic Colletti winning a sit down with Massino, but you think Vito and them are like, shitting bricks for this guy? Why the hell were they even SENDING GUYS up there to talk to him, he shoulda been coming down to NY. That alone shows you the juice he had, the respect they HAD to give the guy.

Again, if Sonny Red had a plug, then Galante isn't even important. In fact he becomes boss, like forget about it. He was supposed to be a DISTRIBUTOR. Your very post shows his Uncle got stopped in his tracks. But he COULD have had a pipeline, but the fact that he's dead leads me to believe he didn't..

I think if you look at it closely, the capos that were exempt from the drug dealing ban, were the guys dealing for Sicilian mafia families. The Catalanos, the Cherry Hill Gambinos, Pasquale Conte. Either that, or they are guys who were importers/ wholesalers themselves like Casso, ( therefore, above the street dealing that gets guys heavy time,) or longtime TRUSTED distributors, real tough guys who they KNEW would NEVER rat. This is your Amusos, DiPalermo bros, (maybe they worked with Casso and Amuso? I never considered this before...) not many I can name though...
The CC clan has more structural business ties to the GAMBINOS, than they do the Bonnano Family. This was illustrated in the article I posted about them,the Rothchilds of the Mafia.

This Excerpt

The most intriguing of the dozens [BadWord]-Caruana enterprises was a cattle-breeding company on an extended ranch in the state of Barinas, close to the Colombian border. It had its own private airstrip. A special task-force of the Venezuelan intelligence-service DISIP looked at this farm called Ganaderia Rio Zapa, established in 1971. (49) The shareholders of the firm represented the creme-de-la-creme of Mafia heroin-movers in those days:

* Salvatore 'Cicchiteddu' Greco, the former head of the overall Commission of the Sicilian Cosa Nostra, and one of the pioneers in the international heroin trade (50);
* Nick Rizzuto, a lieutenant in the Montreal-based Cotroni Family, but highly independent and in fact subordinate to the Sicilian Mafia (i.e. [BadWord]-Caruana);
* Antonio Napoli, a high-ranking made member of the New York Gambino Family and 'the biggest mover of junk to the United States' (51);
* John Gambino, a relative of Carlo Gambino and boss of the Sicilian faction of the New York Gambino Family (52);
* Brothers Angelo and Francesco Mongiovì, figure-heads of the [BadWord] in Caracas and Italy's financial centre Milan. According to a DEA report, Angelo's son Nino Mongiovì married Paolo [BadWord]'s daughter and was the 'super manager for drugs of all kinds passing through Miami'. (53)

The DEA spotted them investigating the Napoli brothers of the Gambino Family in New York. Antonio Napoli had moved to Venezuela and was a partner in a [BadWord] business. At the time DEA headquarters figured the trail irrelevant; nevertheless, special agent Tom Tripodi was sent to Caracas. DEA-analyst Mona Ewell told reporter Claire Sterling that Tripodi "came back with the whole thing." (54)

Last edited by CabriniGreen; 10/24/16 03:38 AM.