Originally Posted By: CabriniGreen
@ Alfa

It's just some of the stuff you say I don't understand....

Before I had stated that George from Canada might have been whacked for being under the radar of LE. I partially retract that. After looking into it, yes he was under the radar, bigtime, and Massino is the type to whack witnesses to cover up his comings and goings, but there is also a lot of anecdotal stuff out there that showed Massino was upset with George's insubordination...so I'll give you that.

Quote:
Like I am positive, there HAS BEEN NO CONNECTION BETWEEN THE FIVE FAMILIES, and Colombia. Like WHERE DO YOU GET THIS?

I don't. That wasn't my point at all. My point was that groups like the Caruanas and C[untreras formed the link between Colombia and the 5 families.

Quote:

The entire time period that the Pizza connection/ Rizzuto pipelines are being put together, the BONNANOS are in like total disarray. The Gambino family basically assumed the position of senior/equal partner in the Sicilian drug trade.

These Bonnano principals you keep talking about, who are they?

There is always going to be drug dealing captains (aka "principals"). This is because the captains make the boss, and they take him down. Therefore if a boss took over all drug dealing for himself, his captains would kill him right away. This is why certain capos in each family were exempt from the "no drug dealing" rule. So it's only a matter of guessing which captains might be in on it. I guessed the 3 capos for starters. Alphonse Indelicato is a great choice because his ancestors went from Sicily to Canada. So he might have had his own Canadian connections and contacts. Now just because a major family like the Bonannos is temporarily without a boss doesn't mean the captains aren't into junk. They are.

This is what the book states about Alphonse Indelicato's ancestor (either father or uncle, a great or grand I don't know)...

"Gaetano's cousin, Cesare Badalamenti, was arrested for smuggling drugs into America and, when released from prison, moved to Detroit, where he quickly met up with Guiseppe Indelicato. Indelicato, like the Rizzutos, left the Agrigento province to settle in Canada. In the New World he retained his Sixth Family links while settling in Windsor, with an eye on the Detroit skyline across the river...An early smuggling foray, however, did not go well. Stopped when disembarking from a ship arriving from Europe, Indelicato was found with a half-million-dollar load of heroin stiched into the lining of his vest..."

Therefore Sicilian (and Canadian?) heroin connections were right in the blood ties of at least one of the Three Capos. And I think someone somewhere said it was Alphonse Indelicato that actually wanted to replace Rusty himself as boss.

Quote:
The originals at the 57 meeting were Joe Bonnano, Carmine Galante, John Bonaventre, I think Frank Garofolo, John Priziola, ( Vito Vitale was there, was a major boss in Partinico, close to the corleonesi, yet lost out in a power struggle with Three Fingers Coppola for control of the Partinico family, gives you a hint at his actual power and where Detroit stood in the trade..) Lucky Luciano, a couple Maggadinos I think. That was the American contingent. THESE ARE THE GUYS THAT MADE THE CONTACT. And it's not like they were representing the whole AMERICAN COSA NOSTRA,they weren't, they were representing their OWN interest in the trade. The FRENCH CONNECTION was a Commision operation, I would agree, but this was because they had their top guy, IN ITALY, WITH A HOST OF DEPORTED AMERICAN MOBSTERS HELPING HIM. You need a point man over there, after Bonnano is ousted and Galante killed, WHO WAS THE POINT MAN?

Actually once the heroin trade got started, you don't necessarily need a representative of the American mafia in Italy to keep the spigot flowing. If we go back, again, to the Caruana C[untreras, ("CC clans") you have your middle man right there. Someone in America doesn't care where the CC clans get their stuff, just as long as they can get it maybe into Canada. That's the CC clans problem, to procure from producers.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."