If the Rizzutos weren't allied with the Caruana clan, I could MAYBE buy the Bonnanos providing financing. But the Caruanas just have more money, and access to more money, than well, probably a lot of banks, lol

Also the timeline for me doesn't add up. Carlo and friends dismantled the biggest US mafia drug ring, when they took down Genovese, Gigante, Galante, Ormento, all those guys. On the other side, you got the car bomb meant for the Grecos that put the police and military on their ass and disrupted the chain of supply. Then on top of that, Bonnano is kicked off the Commision. 62, Luciano dies. 73, Paulo Gambino dies, around the same time Galante gets out, 75 , Three Fingers's wings are clipped by the law in Sicily. ON TOP OF THAT, you had what, 10 years where the Bonnanos were run by the Commision. They didn't even really have a LEADER, until Galante gets out of jail, then it's like, the heroin well is back on. If it's not concentrated in the hands of Galante, if in fact the drug connects were decentralized amongst, let's say a half dozen of the most powerful Bonnano capos, WHY THE FUCK WAS GALANTE EVER EVEN IMPORTANT AFTER GETTING OUT OF JAIL? The pipeline shoulda never stopped? No? If they coulda just went to Sonny Red for example, why was Galante tolerated for even that long?

Alfa, Sicily is close to the Mediterranean nations like Turkey, close enough to send a guy there and actually buy the morphine base. You see Rizzuto went and set up shop in Venezuela, close to the coke.

If they NEEDED the port of NY, I could see the NY mob controlling it.

The chain of actions that set all this place started in like the late 50s, and events on BOTH sides of the Atlantic played a huge part in the eventual makeup of the drug trade.

Maybe I just don't understand the AMERICAN aspect of the Pizza connection, here another question, who was in charge the BONNANOS, OR GAMBINOS? John Gambino, or Salvatore Catalano?

Last edited by CabriniGreen; 10/23/16 05:54 AM.