Originally Posted By: mikeyballs211
Satch- so wait you do or dont live in Baltimore and are making these generalizations!?... bc they are dude.. im not trying to say you're not telling the truth dude but you cant make sweeping generalizations on the hiring practices of an entire city based on these few instances.

And look im not gonna get into a political argument with you here but as someone that works here in Baltimore i can tell you unequivocally this is a liberal city with a liberal mayor.. and these race/crime issues pervade this city in every corner...

I was not born there, born in south side of Chicago butI am sure you do not know a lot the Chicago black folks roots are Mississippi. I am a 1977 Southwestern HS school grad was just there for a HS reunion out in Randallstown,Md. I lived on 2500 block of West Baltimore street and 1900 block of Hollins st. I was at the Belvedere and Lexington markets, up on fulton and north avenues,down westside shopping center, 2200 block of East Madison when I was there last month, my sister lives in 300 block of N Fremont she is retired baltimore 911. I do not live there anymore but I am always there and I stand by what I said about the job market there. that is why black folks rented po boxes with county zip codes to transact business out of.

liberal ran cities? I live in Seattle there is not one city in a red state that compare with Seattle. Because of all the technology jobs here in aerospace and IT up here there are training programs for any skilled trade and IT job here.It's booming here.

but here is the real deal with urban America has nothing to do with that liberal vs con stuff:

U.S. multinationals shifted millions of jobs overseas in the 2000s. Data from the U.S. Department of Commerce showed that “U.S. multinational corporations, the big brand-name companies that employ a fifth of all American workers… cut their work forces in the U.S. by 2.9 million during the 2000s while increasing employment overseas by 2.4 million.”

Furthermore, a recent Wall Street Journal analysis showed, “Thirty-five big U.S.-based multinational companies added jobs much faster than other U.S. employers in the past two years, but nearly three-fourths of those jobs were overseas.”

urban America lost their jobs in the 80's and 90's. I can list all the well paying jobs that left Baltimore.

Last edited by satch7; 10/17/16 04:32 AM.