@Furio

That article was posted before somewhere here I'm sure of it. Perhaps I've read before it and there's quite some misconceptions. This is more so towards the blogger and many lurkers on here that haven't read the mob myth section. I break it down for you.

1. The LCN families don't have a citywide influence on criminal groups that are hostile to each other. As long it doesn't interfere in the interest in that family then why bother intervening. Just like crews involved in bootlegging VB in the past, those that are locked in heated conflicts over there turf ( drug trafficking or others) will continue until one side is vanquish, absorbed, or submitted.

2. Tragically a large or half the murders in Baltimore ( like mamy large cities) are domestic related. The OC related killings are actually less than what it seems. I read somewhere about NYC's peak year (1990 or 91) of 2,000+ murders about 1/3 was drug related ( if i recall correctly). The rest is a mix of domestic issues which is insane.

3. Not all crews are battling each other consistently and eventually it will calm down due to incarcerations, murders, and less competition.

4. BGF is obviously still active and a major OC group being based in the prison system gives them an advantage. Also don't forget local Syndicates & 1% clubs. Lesser degree street gangs.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb