GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (CleanBandit), 454 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,479
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,530
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,436
Posts1,060,967
Members10,349
Most Online992
Jun 1st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 39 of 58 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 57 58
Re: News [Re: thedudeabides87] #893885
09/14/16 11:35 PM
09/14/16 11:35 PM
Past caring, then hang a left
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss
Originally Posted By: thedudeabides87
Originally Posted By: helenwheels

I don't get the use of social justice as a snarl word. I don't see anything wrong with seeking equal rights and justice for all people.

I don't know anyone personally who doesn't want equal rights and justice for all people.

I wish I could say the same. Unfortunately, I've met people that don't want equal rights for women, or blacks, or certain religious groups.

Last edited by helenwheels; 09/14/16 11:36 PM.

All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I never met anyone who didn't have a very smart child. What happens to these children, you wonder, when they reach adulthood?

Re: News [Re: thedudeabides87] #893886
09/14/16 11:39 PM
09/14/16 11:39 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Nothing wrong with "social justice," in theory, it is just the emotion driven fact neglecting craziness it brings.

Why would you say "in theory"? Does this mean there is something wrong with it in action?

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: News [Re: OakAsFan] #893888
09/14/16 11:50 PM
09/14/16 11:50 PM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY
Originally Posted By: OakAsFan

Why would you say "in theory"? Does this mean there is something wrong with it in action?

it is just the emotion driven fact neglecting craziness it brings.

Reading comprehension. I said what social justice in action can cause

The Dude: And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean... beyond pacifism?

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life
Re: News [Re: thedudeabides87] #893889
09/14/16 11:52 PM
09/14/16 11:52 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss

it is just the emotion driven fact neglecting craziness it brings.

Reading comprehension. I said what social justice in action can cause

I read it just fine.

Since you don't agree with the type of action taking place in recent news stories, what kind of action would you support?

It would be like saying you believe in a criminal justice system...in theory. But not in action. How would it work then?

jus·tice

noun

1. just behavior or treatment.

Last edited by OakAsFan; 09/15/16 01:03 AM.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: News [Re: thedudeabides87] #893901
09/15/16 03:16 AM
09/15/16 03:16 AM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Social Justice is now a college major America is now an even bigger joke. No wonder why millennials are the least skilled generation.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/culture/ed...-degree-program

Dude, you realize that's not a good source for this crowd? You redeemed yourself by citing the Huffington Post and the other sources. LOL

Re: News [Re: OakAsFan] #893916
09/15/16 09:33 AM
09/15/16 09:33 AM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY

I read it just fine.

Since you don't agree with the type of action taking place in recent news stories, what kind of action would you support?

It would be like saying you believe in a criminal justice system...in theory. But not in action. How would it work then?

jus·tice

noun

1. just behavior or treatment.

Well I do have a problem with the criminal justice system in action sometimes so...

The action I would support? Any action that includes acknowledgement of facts, looking at stats and data objectively, emotion is left out and the use of critical thinking but you can't cure stupid so I don't see that happening

A Harvard Student in 2014 wrote an essayed titled

The Doctrine of Academic Freedom: Let’s give up on academic freedom in favor of justice

http://www.thecrimson.com/column/the-red-line/article/2014/2/18/academic-freedom-justice/

This is the kind of thinking I am against.

Originally Posted By: Faithful1

Dude, you realize that's not a good source for this crowd? You redeemed yourself by citing the Huffington Post and the other sources. LOL

Lol yeah tried to nip the counter argument in th butt early to avoid a five page discussion

Last edited by thedudeabides87; 09/15/16 09:36 AM.

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life
Re: News [Re: thedudeabides87] #893918
09/15/16 10:21 AM
09/15/16 10:21 AM
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss

Lol yeah tried to nip the counter argument in th butt early to avoid a five page discussion

i fucking love auto-correct. it makes for accidental great sentences like this one lol

All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I never met anyone who didn't have a very smart child. What happens to these children, you wonder, when they reach adulthood?

Re: News [Re: helenwheels] #893922
09/15/16 11:48 AM
09/15/16 11:48 AM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY

i fucking love auto-correct. it makes for accidental great sentences like this one lol

Counterargument* and bud*

Good looks Helen. I should proof read what I write when Ivan my phone but you know.

And good looks refers to good looking out and not an unwanted compliment which of course would be sexual harassment and by some definitions a form of rape

Last edited by thedudeabides87; 09/15/16 12:08 PM.

Re: News [Re: thedudeabides87] #893923
09/15/16 11:54 AM
09/15/16 11:54 AM
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss

Counterargument* and bud*

Good looks Helen. I should proof read what I write when Ivan my phone but you know.

Hey Ivan, my phone and tablet does the same. wink Someday they're going to get me into big trouble.

Quote:

And good looks refers for good looking out and not an unwanted compliment which of course would be sexual harassment and by some definitions a form of rape

don't worry honey, i'm not the type to overreact.

Re: News [Re: helenwheels] #893925
09/15/16 12:13 PM
09/15/16 12:13 PM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY
Hey Ivan

Yup I'm giving up for the day

Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #893926
09/15/16 12:14 PM
09/15/16 12:14 PM
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss
Hey look on the bright side, at least it's not on fire.

Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #893927
09/15/16 12:16 PM
09/15/16 12:16 PM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY
Silver lining in everything

Re: News [Re: thedudeabides87] #893931
09/15/16 01:47 PM
09/15/16 01:47 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss

The Doctrine of Academic Freedom: Let’s give up on academic freedom in favor of justice

http://www.thecrimson.com/column/the-red-line/article/2014/2/18/academic-freedom-justice/

This is the kind of thinking I am against.

As the author points out, academic freedom is an illusion anyway because all professors have to edit their curriculum for time. On top of that, you have professors with their own personal agenda, some liberal, some conservative, that they work into their curriculum. She cited one professor that taught some quack theory about how people are biologically predetermined to behave by their ethnic background, and how another professor taught that women get raped because they're not "ladylike".

Also, there have been conservative groups on college campuses for decades trying to regulate professors into moving their curriculum to the right politically, such as David Horowitz's group, "Students For Academic Freedom", which is really just a front to push for a right wing curriculum.

The author just believes in fighting fire with fire. I can understand that.

Last edited by OakAsFan; 09/15/16 01:49 PM.

Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #893935
09/15/16 02:14 PM
09/15/16 02:14 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
No, the author believes in more Far Left-wing bullying, censorship and fascism. You can understand that.

Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #893937
09/15/16 02:21 PM
09/15/16 02:21 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
The author points out that the right already has their means of controlling the curriculum, and that the left might as well get into the fight. It's a good point.

Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #893965
09/15/16 08:00 PM
09/15/16 08:00 PM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY
Okay.

Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #894273
09/19/16 12:24 PM
09/19/16 12:24 PM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY

Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #894276
09/19/16 12:52 PM
09/19/16 12:52 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Fox News’ Megyn Kelly has signed with powerhouse publicity firm 42West. At a time of transition for the cable news network, its star anchor’s contract will be up for renewal next year.

Meanwhile, former Fox News host Gretchen Carlson signed with PMK*BNC earlier this month.

Please, please, please Megyn. Sign with me! You can have everything I have. You can have my organs, my blood.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #894278
09/19/16 01:05 PM
09/19/16 01:05 PM
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss
North Carolina Governor Planted Questions From Fake Reporters To Avoid Answering Ones About Anti-LGBT Law

The Charlotte Observer reports that North Carolina governor Pat McCrory’s campaign planted three fake “press” questions at a recent event to keep that newspaper from inquiring about the millions of dollars of revenue lost by the state after its passage of the anti-LGBT House Bill 2.

McCrory and the state legislation have continually attempted to wipe away doubts and concerns from the LGBT community and local business owners over the ill effects of the law since its passing; while recent decisions by the NBA, NCAA, and ACC have had little effect on McCrory’s feelings on the matter, a recent report from the Charlotte Observer shows the governor’s staff is feeling the heat.

According to the Observer, McCrory’s camp planted three questions under the guise of being presubmitted by that newspaper at a recent event for Charlotte business owners. When editorial page editor Taylor Batten attempted to step in and ask a question, McCrory brushed him off, claiming the previous trio of questions was enough from the state’s most-read newspaper.

When the moderator asked how to get started, McCrory said, “Anything you like. No filter here.” Sure, who needs a filter when you posed the questions yourself?

When I tried to ask McCrory a question, the filter went up. “We’ve got three Observer questions answered already. I think you guys dominate the news enough.”

Of course, those weren’t Observer questions. They were softballs from his staff about what he wanted to do with his next term; how he wanted to reduce the state’s rape kit backlog; and how the state crime lab performed under McCrory’s opponent, Roy Cooper.

Batten confirmed the questions were planted by the McCrory staff in speaking with Ricky Diaz, a campaign spokesperson. Diaz claimed the questions were inserted as an attempt to, in his words, “keep the conversation format going.”

http://deadspin.com/north-carolina-governor-planted-questions-from-fake-rep-1786760853

Re: News [Re: helenwheels] #894286
09/19/16 02:33 PM
09/19/16 02:33 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
I agree with Dude about the extreme social justice types of people. He had the perfect description...."fact ignoring and emotional". They undermine whatever they are trying to accomplish by ignoring facts.

For example...police brutality and harassment is a real issue as most Black men REGARDLESS of other socio economic factors will readily tell you(and cite personal examples). BUT...using the name/image of Mike Brown to highlight police brutality/harassment is a mistake.

Facts point to him getting shot down while in physical confrontation with a police officer. He's no martyr, he's a clown who was caught on camera minutes earlier robbing goods and assaulting a clerk.

Re: News [Re: getthesenets] #894290
09/19/16 02:59 PM
09/19/16 02:59 PM
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss
I'd agree that the extremes of any movement can be assholes. I don't think it just applies to people seeking social justice. I'm a big believer in the horseshoe theory when it comes to political continuum: If we travel far-left enough, we find the very same sneering, nasty and reckless bully-boy tactics used by the far-right.

But related to your point above on police brutality, you have assholes that summarily dismiss the Eric Garner case when it comes to police brutality. Which tends to tell us more about them than it does about the actual issue.

Last edited by helenwheels; 09/19/16 03:04 PM.

Re: News [Re: getthesenets] #894300
09/19/16 03:44 PM
09/19/16 03:44 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: getthesenets
I agree with Dude about the extreme social justice types of people. He had the perfect description...."fact ignoring and emotional".

There is far more fact ignoring and emotion among white activists than there is among black activists.

Last edited by OakAsFan; 09/19/16 03:54 PM.

Re: News [Re: helenwheels] #894330
09/19/16 08:58 PM
09/19/16 08:58 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
I'd agree that the extremes of any movement can be assholes. I don't think it just applies to people seeking social justice. I'm a big believer in the horseshoe theory when it comes to political continuum: If we travel far-left enough, we find the very same sneering, nasty and reckless bully-boy tactics used by the far-right.

But related to your point above on police brutality, you have assholes that summarily dismiss the Eric Garner case when it comes to police brutality. Which tends to tell us more about them than it does about the actual issue.

I like and agree with the horseshoe theory.

Yes, there are people who have blinders on when to comes to open shut cases of police brutality and/or murder. Like I said in earlier discussion about Eric Garner case...the cop was choking a corpse after a certain point. It stopped being about "detaining and arresting" Eric Garner long before he died.

I have no words for or feelings toward people who obviously don't see me as a human being(or other Black men as human beings).The feeling is mutual.

Re: News [Re: OakAsFan] #894332
09/19/16 09:01 PM
09/19/16 09:01 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: getthesenets
I agree with Dude about the extreme social justice types of people. He had the perfect description...."fact ignoring and emotional".

There is far more fact ignoring and emotion among white activists than there is among black activists.

Well, specifically related to the BLM movement. Not sure of the racial or ethnic breakdown of the "activists", but every time there is news coverage you see people of different backgrounds out there. And the movement itself is funded by George Soros, who has an Eastern European background.

Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #894372
09/20/16 10:16 AM
09/20/16 10:16 AM
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss

Tulsa Police Say Man Had No Gun; Video Shows He Had Hands Up

An unarmed black man killed by a white Oklahoma officer who was responding to a stalled vehicle can be seen in police video walking away from officers and toward his SUV with his hands up before he approaches the driver's side door, where he drops to the ground after being shocked with a stun gun then fatally shot.

In Tulsa police helicopter footage that was among several clips released Monday showing the shooting of 40-year-old Terence Crutcher and its aftermath, a man in the helicopter that arrives above the scene as Crutcher walks to the vehicle can be heard saying "time for a Taser." He then says: "That looks like a bad dude, too. Probably on something."

Police Chief Chuck Jordan announced before the video and audio recordings' release that Crutcher had no weapon on him or in his SUV when he was shot Friday. It's not clear from the footage what led Betty Shelby, the officer who fired the fatal shot, to draw her gun or what orders officers might have given Crutcher. Local and federal investigations are underway to determine whether criminal charges are warranted in the shooting or if Crutcher's civil rights were violated.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/tulsa-police-release-dashcam-video-fatal-shooting-42192589

Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #894416
09/20/16 02:39 PM
09/20/16 02:39 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Dude was criticizing the "emotion driven fact neglecting craziness" among BLM. I'm pointing out that this is tenfold among modern day white activists, such as the tea party, Trump supporters, etc. If we're going to discuss fact neglecting and emotion in political movements, I don't see why we're only sample sizing BLM, when they aren't even the worst example in modern day politics.

Last edited by OakAsFan; 09/20/16 02:59 PM.

Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #894419
09/20/16 03:08 PM
09/20/16 03:08 PM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY
I never said BLM.

I never mentioned race, sex, sexual orientation, or gender identification

Last edited by thedudeabides87; 09/20/16 03:10 PM.

Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #894427
09/20/16 03:46 PM
09/20/16 03:46 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
You implied those things. You criticized "social justice", which is, by definition "justice in terms of the distribution of wealth, opportunities, and privileges within a society".

Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #894433
09/20/16 03:59 PM
09/20/16 03:59 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
polls are not always right guys brexit all polls and bookies saying we would stay and we left even the exit polls were saying a remain victory there was one guy who lost 100k i think betting on it he was convinced we would remain anyone who could predict brexit would happen could have made millions there was some stockbrokers who made a killing but most did not expect it to happen bookies all saying clinton at the moment. Alot of similarities between this and trump alot of people who voted leave were doing it as a fuck you to the government same with trump establishment dont like him so he will get support out of that.

Clintons supporters alot of them are young right? she will win if they actually vote most young people today dont vote and then get angry when the result comes in.

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion
Re: News [Re: OakAsFan] #894434
09/20/16 04:01 PM
09/20/16 04:01 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Oak,

Dude didn't write what you said he did.Which is why you weren't able to quote him saying it. I was the one who agreed with his criticisms of social justice movements in general, and fringe elements of those movements specifically. I was the one who applied that criticism to those protesting police brutality in general and BLM specifically.

Let's bring the thread back on track.

Page 39 of 58 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 57 58

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull