GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (joepuzzles234), 127 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,479
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,530
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,436
Posts1,060,977
Members10,349
Most Online992
Jun 1st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 36 of 58 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 57 58
Re: News [Re: getthesenets] #892212
08/28/16 03:06 PM
08/28/16 03:06 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

Maybe Kaepernick should be more concerned with his declining stats than trying to make some BS political statement. Besides, who nominated him the great defender of all things black anyway? He's only half black (his black father skipped...who ever heard of such a thing?) and his mother was white. And he was raised by a white couple who adopted him.

If he wants to embrace his blackness this way, maybe he should move out of this "oppressive" country (where he gets paid millions to go 31-22 as a starter) and move to Africa. Oh wait...

I count seven references to race in a two paragraph post.

Re: News [Re: getthesenets] #892236
08/28/16 06:57 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: getthesenets

Maybe Kaepernick should be more concerned with his declining stats than trying to make some BS political statement. Besides, who nominated him the great defender of all things black anyway? He's only half black (his black father skipped...who ever heard of such a thing?) and his mother was white. And he was raised by a white couple who adopted him.

If he wants to embrace his blackness this way, maybe he should move out of this "oppressive" country (where he gets paid millions to go 31-22 as a starter) and move to Africa. Oh wait...

First, like I've said before, you need to quit being so defensive as if everything is an attack on you.

Second, the whole issue about Kaepernick revolves around race. You know it does but you're trying to make it seem like I'm instigating the whole thing. I simply pointed out that, considering his personal situation and history, he doesn't have much justification for thinking the way he apparently does.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 08/28/16 06:57 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #892237
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
This popped up on Facebook. It says that he converted to Islam during the summer, probably from the influence of his gf. May add an interesting angle to the Colin Kaepernik controversy if true. I know Breitbart isn't always accurate, but it provides links to their Instagram accounts for people to see for themselves.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/201...ational-anthem/

Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #892242
08/28/16 10:34 PM
08/28/16 10:34 PM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo

Re: News [Re: SoCalGangs] #892243
08/28/16 11:57 PM
08/28/16 11:57 PM
Mississippi - 662
B
BlackFamily Offline
Underboss
BlackFamily  Offline
B
Underboss
Mississippi - 662
How am I not living proof?

The sentiment from certain posters is " born out of wedlock" equates to not " ideal " situation. Being generally still have it failures as I stated.

@ Gets

I know I'm off the topic you and others discussing but I'm questioning these same individuals bringing that side topic into the mix.

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb
Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #892244
08/29/16 12:02 AM
08/29/16 12:02 AM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
What I mean is generalities are still useful in the big picture. Pointing out that exceptions don't change the big picture. There's LOTS of exceptions to many things. That's all I was trying to say.

Last edited by SoCalGangs; 08/29/16 12:17 AM.
Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #892246
08/29/16 01:00 AM
08/29/16 01:00 AM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
doesn't kap have the right to protest, if he really has a cause.

we all know its not going to change anything, but,let him have his protest.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: News [Re: Binnie_Coll] #892249
08/29/16 01:37 AM
08/29/16 01:37 AM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
doesn't kap have the right to protest, if he really has a cause.

we all know its not going to change anything, but,let him have his protest.

I don't think anyone is taking that right away from him, but he has provoked many to use their right to complain about what he did. America, the country where people can agree to disagree without being disagreeable.

Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #892254
08/29/16 02:38 AM
08/29/16 02:38 AM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Rex Ryan. Now there's the intellectual voice of reason. Rex has something to say about players sitting during national anthems...as soon as he finishes his hot dog.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: News [Re: Beanshooter] #892267
08/29/16 08:59 AM
08/29/16 08:59 AM
Past caring, then hang a left
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss

This guy is Portnoy, of Portnoy's Complaint come to life.

All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I never met anyone who didn't have a very smart child. What happens to these children, you wonder, when they reach adulthood?

Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #892269
08/29/16 10:04 AM
08/29/16 10:04 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Keep in mind that the provisions of the US Constitution apply only to government.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: News [Re: BlackFamily] #892279
08/29/16 02:06 PM
08/29/16 02:06 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: BlackFamily

The sentiment from certain posters is " born out of wedlock" equates to not " ideal " situation. Being generally still have it failures as I stated.

@ Gets

I know I'm off the topic you and others discussing but I'm questioning these same individuals bringing that side topic into the mix.

Individual* (singular) who brought it up. Once it's brought up, it's fair game. Stats are just stats.They tell the truth in a snapshot , but not the full picture. Beneath the statistics are individuals who have the free will to make decisions.

Lot of children from what some would consider "ideal" family structures are strung out on heroin and will OD someday.

The man who is currently President was abandoned by his biological father.

Personally, I didn't read anybody(else) write anything in the discussion of Black children births that was offensive. Just citing of stats.
Now, I'm a strong believer in the power of the nuclear family. I'm just old enough to remember when things shifted and I witnessed firsthand how the community changed since nuclear families stopped being the norm. As you know, my buddies growing up were from SC,NC, Alabama ...first generation Northerners..I used to hear their parents talk about how people moved up North and lost their GD minds, abandoning traditional values and such. Every single thing their folks predicted would happen.....has indeed happened.

Re: News [Re: getthesenets] #892287
08/29/16 04:43 PM
08/29/16 04:43 PM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: BlackFamily

@ Gets

Individual* (singular) who brought it up. Once it's brought up, it's fair game. Stats are just stats.They tell the truth in a snapshot , but not the full picture. Beneath the statistics are individuals who have the free will to make decisions.

Lot of children from what some would consider "ideal" family structures are strung out on heroin and will OD someday.

The man who is currently President was abandoned by his biological father.

Personally, I didn't read anybody(else) write anything in the discussion of Black children births that was offensive. Just citing of stats.
Now, I'm a strong believer in the power of the nuclear family. I'm just old enough to remember when things shifted and I witnessed firsthand how the community changed since nuclear families stopped being the norm. As you know, my buddies growing up were from SC,NC, Alabama ...first generation Northerners..I used to hear their parents talk about how people moved up North and lost their GD minds, abandoning traditional values and such. Every single thing their folks predicted would happen.....has indeed happened.

Agree about individuals being beneath those stats. I would never tell an actual individual they're doomed to failure based on a statistical factor. That would be nonsense.

Dealing with individuals and dealing with stats are very different though. I just argue that statistics and accurate generalizations are helpful and shouldn't be ignored. It's about zooming way out and looking at the larger trends. There's limitations as statistics can't tell the whole story and there's always multiple factors at play when it comes to social sciences.

The key question should be "all other things being equal, what situation is better?"

If I said "exercise and healthy diet is a good way to prevent many diseases and having a longer life" and someone responded with " oh yeah well my grandmother smoked and never exercised in her life and lived to be 100!"

Well does that change everything ? No, not really.

Last edited by SoCalGangs; 08/29/16 04:46 PM.
Re: News [Re: IvyLeague] #892290
08/29/16 05:08 PM
08/29/16 05:08 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss

First, like I've said before, you need to quit being so defensive as if everything is an attack on you.

Second, the whole issue about Kaepernick revolves around race. You know it does but you're trying to make it seem like I'm instigating the whole thing. I simply pointed out that, considering his personal situation and history, he doesn't have much justification for thinking the way he apparently does.

So kap can't be mad about the police shooting unarmed black men because u say so

There ain't enough blacks in Utah for u to be so concerned with black people

Basically you're argument is that kap shouldn't be allowed his first amendment right because its based on cops shooting black men

Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #892295
08/29/16 07:16 PM
08/29/16 07:16 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
While on the topic of "The Star Spangled Banner," it turns out that there's a verse in the original version of the song that there was a third stanza that wishes for the killing of the slaves who fought for the British because their blood would wash away their "foul footstep's pollution."

"And where is that band who so vauntingly swore,
That the havoc of war and the battle’s confusion
A home and a Country should leave us no more?
Their blood has wash’d out their foul footstep’s pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave,
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave."

During the War of 1812, the British offered freedom to slaves if they would fight for their side. Many took up the offer. Francis Scott Key went to a British ship to lead a prisoner exchange, but because he saw too much they held him prisoner while bombarding Baltimore. Many of those who Key saw were ex-slaves who went to the other side.

During the presidency of Woodrow Wilson in 1916 he pushed for it to be the national anthem. The offending verse was removed by a committee. President Herbert Hoover made the cleaned-up version gave it official approval about fifteen years later. Stories about the original version started sprouting in 2014, then more in July 2016.

It should be pointed out that the song had verses re-written to support abolitionism too, so people were always changing it until the current version from 1931.

http://www.theroot.com/articles/history/...ational-anthem/

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/king-stand-star-spangled-banner-article-1.2770075

https://theintercept.com/2016/08/28/coli...ion-of-slavery/

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/29/arts/m...years.html?_r=0

Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #892299
08/29/16 08:00 PM
08/29/16 08:00 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
Attorneys for Fox News Channel Monday sought to have a suit filed by a former correspondent, Andrea Tantaros, against the 21st Century Fox-owned cable news outlet moved to arbitration, saying her charges of being harassed at the network were “unverified” and that she had violated the terms of her employment contract with the network. Tantaros, a former host of “The Five” and “Outnumbered, alleged in a filing in the Supreme Court of the State of New York last week that she was the victim of retaliation by senior executives at the network after she complained about inappropriate remarks made to her by Roger Ailes, the former chairman and chief executive of the network.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #892300
08/29/16 09:16 PM
08/29/16 09:16 PM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
Former Fox News host Andrea Tantaros -- who slammed the network and its former chief Roger Ailes last week with a $30 million sexual harassment lawsuit -- was branded an opportunistic liar by the network in a scathing court filing.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/fox-...ticle-1.2770604

Re: News [Re: Beanshooter] #892308
08/29/16 11:42 PM
08/29/16 11:42 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
SoCal,

I hear you. Speaking of stats. Growing up I always heard about the alarming divorce rates. At one point, a stat always used in articles was that "one in 2 marriages end in divorce".I never verified that stat, but even it wasn't accurate, the divorce rate the past two generations definitely had a huge impact on what the marriage rates are today. People really don't believe in marriage as much as they used to.

F1,

Thanks. GREAT pull.I guess the thinking behind the last stanza was that the Africans were supposed to just accept their fates. ..and that they were wrong for wanting freedom. George Carlin had a great comedy line about this glaring contradiction.

Also I didn't know that CK had recently converted to Islam. I hope he's equally consistent in pointing out the centuries long abuse and discrimination that African people face in countries where the Islamic flag flies.

Re: News [Re: IvyLeague] #892309
08/29/16 11:57 PM
08/29/16 11:57 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
considering his personal situation and history, he doesn't have much justification for thinking the way he apparently does.

For example? What do you know about Colin Kaepernick's history?

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: News [Re: getthesenets] #892310
08/30/16 12:22 AM
08/30/16 12:22 AM
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss
this glaring contradiction.

Also I didn't know that CK had recently converted to Islam. I hope he's equally consistent in pointing out the centuries long abuse and discrimination that African people face in countries where the Islamic flag flies.

He may not have. So far it's just rumor on a few web sites. No national press has covered it, and no mention of it by Kaepernick.

http://www.snopes.com/colin-kaepernick-converts-to-islam/

Last edited by helenwheels; 08/30/16 12:22 AM.

All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I never met anyone who didn't have a very smart child. What happens to these children, you wonder, when they reach adulthood?

Re: News [Re: OakAsFan] #892312
08/30/16 01:34 AM
08/30/16 01:34 AM
Y
yatescj7 Offline
Capo
yatescj7  Offline
Y
Capo
Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
I thought you were struggling with your medical bills, yates, thanks to Obama and all. Now you're forking over 20 dollar bills to make a point about the confederate flag?

If you read my other posts you would know I never said I'm struggling with medical bills. My posts say I have a problem(not financially) with paying high premiums because of Obamacare when me and my family rarely go to the doctor (hardly any medical bills) Also I stated I handed out ONE 20 dollar bill to make a point, not that I go handing out 20 dollar bills like candy. But hey, whatever liberals want to do to distort the facts and impress upon the nation their convoluted views.

Re: News [Re: yatescj7] #892313
08/30/16 01:49 AM
08/30/16 01:49 AM
Y
yatescj7 Offline
Capo
yatescj7  Offline
Y
Capo
And it's also disrespectful that Kap doesn't honor the fallen and brave Black American soldiers that gave their life in World War 2. It was not right to be segregated in the military, but facing discrimination the Black Soldiers fought so hard and bravely that after the war Harry Truman ordered the Armed Forces desegregated because of their valor and bravery to this country. What Kap did was a slap in the face to all those brave soldiers, who had to deal with a lot of shit in this country, who put their life on the line and fought honorably for the freedom we enjoy today. No different from my great great uncle John Guy Yates who was killed by a Japanese sniper in the Phillipinnes in 44. All those guys, black, white, native american, whatever should be honored by us standing on our feet at attention for 3 minutes out of our 168 hour week.Even more appalling, a black Iraq veteran who lost his legs in Iraq and couldn't stand for the anthem, lifted himself up by the handles of his wheel chair and held position during the Anthem, Kap is a disgrace. Didn't make a stand during the Super Bowl, but does so when he is 2nd string at a preseason game. Pathetic.

Re: News [Re: helenwheels] #892317
08/30/16 02:05 AM
08/30/16 02:05 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: helenwheels

He may not have. So far it's just rumor on a few web sites. No national press has covered it, and no mention of it by Kaepernick.

Plus, he'd have no reason to hide it now. He's already made a political stance far more daring than announcing he's a Muslim, considering there already are Muslims in the NFL, and there have been several in the league's history.

Last edited by OakAsFan; 08/30/16 02:06 AM.

Re: News [Re: yatescj7] #892319
08/30/16 02:14 AM
08/30/16 02:14 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: yatescj7
And it's also disrespectful that Kap doesn't honor the fallen and brave Black American soldiers that gave their life in World War 2. It was not right to be segregated in the military, but facing discrimination the Black Soldiers fought so hard and bravely that after the war Harry Truman ordered the Armed Forces desegregated because of their valor and bravery to this country. What Kap did was a slap in the face to all those brave soldiers, who had to deal with a lot of shit in this country, who put their life on the line and fought honorably for the freedom we enjoy today. No different from my great great uncle John Guy Yates who was killed by a Japanese sniper in the Phillipinnes in 44. All those guys, black, white, native american, whatever should be honored by us standing on our feet at attention for 3 minutes out of our 168 hour week.Even more appalling, a black Iraq veteran who lost his legs in Iraq and couldn't stand for the anthem, lifted himself up by the handles of his wheel chair and held position during the Anthem, Kap is a disgrace. Didn't make a stand during the Super Bowl, but does so when he is 2nd string at a preseason game. Pathetic.

There are still a few black WW2 veterans that are alive. Hopefully we can hear from some of them about what they think of Kaepernick. We've sure heard enough people speak for them, without their input.

Re: News [Re: OakAsFan] #892320
08/30/16 02:18 AM
08/30/16 02:18 AM
Y
yatescj7 Offline
Capo
yatescj7  Offline
Y
Capo

There are still a few black WW2 veterans that are alive. Hopefully we can hear from some of them about what they think of Kaepernick. We've sure heard enough people speak for them, without their input.

Telling that this is your only response to the truth. I stand at our National Anthem for those brave soldiers who fought and dies for our country in WW2 and thank them every day I am not speaking German. No matter what their opinion of Kap is I will continue to do so for the rest of my days no matter what this country goes through.

Re: News [Re: yatescj7] #892326
08/30/16 02:30 AM
08/30/16 02:30 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
No matter what their opinion of Kap is I will continue to do so for the rest of my days no matter what this country goes through.

Well, their opinion would matter to me. I'd like to hear from black WW2 vets, to see if they feel the same way about Kaepernick as you do. You brought them up.

Re: News [Re: OakAsFan] #892327
08/30/16 02:31 AM
08/30/16 02:31 AM
Y
yatescj7 Offline
Capo
yatescj7  Offline
Y
Capo

Really? My grandma is 80 and ten years younger than most black ww2 vets. You think most even deal with social media and twitter you're a fool. My grandma is 80 years old and has only heard of facebook. Those old school people grew up working hard, living in a world without plumbing or electronics and are our greatest generation of Americans. To think they would sound off on Twitter is ridiculous. They are so much more humble and hardworking to even have mind to sound off on something so trivial and immature.

Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #892331
08/30/16 02:35 AM
08/30/16 02:35 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
A lot of people in their 90s are capable of expressing opinions, and have good memories. I'm glad you brought up black WW2 veterans. It would be nice to hear from the few of them still around regarding this issue, and other things.

Re: News [Re: helenwheels] #892335
08/30/16 02:53 AM
08/30/16 02:53 AM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Originally Posted By: helenwheels

The Snopes piece only deals with some doctored photos. If you read the entire article it actually comes to no conclusion about whether or not he converted.

I also wrote that he MAY have converted according to some claims, but nothing has been verified. The rumor started at this sports gossip blog: http://terezowens.com/colin-kaepernick-converting-to-muslim-for-girlfriend/

Then he made an Instagram post about wishing well to those who are fasting on Ramadan and that his Arab Muslim gf has been influencing him to convert to Islam: http://www.sportsgrid.com/real-sports/nf...lfriend-report/

http://mtonews.com/mto-exclusive-nfl-star-colin-kaeperneck-coverts-islam-can-marry-arab-girlfriend/

https://www.instagram.com/nessnitty/

There was also a precedent by the Denver Nuggets player formerly known as Chris Jackson (who converted to Islam): http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...national-anthem

Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #892336
08/30/16 02:58 AM
08/30/16 02:58 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Why would he hide it? He just took a stance far more bold than stating he's Muslim. There are Muslims in the NFL now. There have been for a long time.

Page 36 of 58 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 57 58

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull