GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 462 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,442
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,530
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,433
Posts1,060,905
Members10,349
Most Online992
Yesterday at 04:40 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: NickyScarfo] #891364
08/19/16 08:58 PM
08/19/16 08:58 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Just pointing out a resemblance, that's all. That word "collapse" came up a lot when Obama took office. He's going to collapse this..He's going to collapse that...etc. He didn't collapse anything. The country was in a serious recession when he took office. It's much better now.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: OakAsFan] #891378
08/19/16 11:08 PM
08/19/16 11:08 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
Just pointing out a resemblance, that's all. That word "collapse" came up a lot when Obama took office. He's going to collapse this..He's going to collapse that...etc. He didn't collapse anything. The country was in a serious recession when he took office. It's much better now.

republican propaganda, they are good at that,
wmds in Iraq, billions of dollars must go to wall street
or we will collapse.....

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: NickyScarfo] #891381
08/19/16 11:26 PM
08/19/16 11:26 PM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
I speak for myself. I don't pay attention to what republicans do and say.

Don't conflate what I have to say with different things they say in a weak attempt to discredit.

I never claimed Obama care would collapse the economy. I did believe Obama care would be a disaster and it is. It didn't help the economy either. The overall health of the economy has to do with many other factors.

I wish it were as easy as the good guys democrats vs bad guys republicans.

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: NickyScarfo] #891388
08/20/16 01:17 AM
08/20/16 01:17 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
"disaster" is another one of those terms Republicans use when describing any policy of Obama's.

And, of course, Obamacare is not a disaster. It's a much improved system over what existed previously, and is only going to be improved upon.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: NickyScarfo] #891392
08/20/16 01:24 AM
08/20/16 01:24 AM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
Oh no, did they use the same word as me before? well then, that changes everything..

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: NickyScarfo] #891394
08/20/16 01:26 AM
08/20/16 01:26 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Yeah, they did. Since you asked. If you don't want to be mistaken for a card carrying, Obama hating Republican, you can at least try to sound different than them when criticizing him. Just a suggestion.

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: NickyScarfo] #891396
08/20/16 01:34 AM
08/20/16 01:34 AM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
I criticized Obama care. I gave reasons. I'm not attacking Obama personally.

So if the republicans say the sky is blue and I say the same thing, that must mean the sky isn't blue. No it doesn't work that way. Pointing out that somebody used a similar word or the same word as your political opposition also, isn't a a valid argument.

Funny how my intention wasn't even to talk about Obama care but it was brought up. The Obama care problem will work itself out the hard way. No need to prove anything at this point.

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: OakAsFan] #891398
08/20/16 02:02 AM
08/20/16 02:02 AM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Yeah, they did. Since you asked. If you don't want to be mistaken for a card carrying, Obama hating Republican, you can at least try to sound different than them when criticizing him. Just a suggestion.

Maybe you're just such a Democratic shill that you think any criticism of Obama and the Democrats means that the critic is a Republican. It's called GOP Derangement Syndrome, and you've got it bad. You parrot DNC talking points to the letter and back them up with...well, usually nothing. Sometimes when confronted instead of admitting your error you just change the subject. A couple weeks ago Helenwheels challenged me on something that I could very well be wrong about. I haven't followed up on it yet, but I will, and if I'm wrong I will gladly say so. I'm more interested in the truth than just asserting that I'm right.

It's also funny that the two people who most often point out your faulty assertions are NOT Republicans. I don't know about SoCalGangs, but I've never belonged to any party and have voted for people on both sides of the aisle, as well as third party. I was even considering volunteering for Democrat Loretta Sanchez, and I may still do so. The thing is for me, I'm not beholden to any party.

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: NickyScarfo] #891399
08/20/16 02:07 AM
08/20/16 02:07 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
You gave reasons for a prediction that is yet to come to fruition. It's like if I said that a flying saucer is going to land in a field tomorrow. Oh, and here's the reasons...then I go on to give concise reasons. If the prediction hasn't yet come true, then the reasons are not yet applicable to anything. Obamacare is fine. When it first went into effect there was one scare story after another. The long term cost projections are now $ trillions lower than they were when it was implemented. The "disaster" didn't happen. the "collapse" didn't happen. They were Republican lies.

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: Faithful1] #891400
08/20/16 02:09 AM
08/20/16 02:09 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Faithful1

Maybe you're just such a Democratic shill that you think any criticism of Obama and the Democrats means that the critic is a Republican. It's called GOP Derangement Syndrome, and you've got it bad. You parrot DNC talking points to the letter and back them up with...well, usually nothing. Sometimes when confronted instead of admitting your error you just change the subject. A couple weeks ago Helenwheels challenged me on something that I could very well be wrong about. I haven't followed up on it yet, but I will, and if I'm wrong I will gladly say so. I'm more interested in the truth than just asserting that I'm right.

It's also funny that the two people who most often point out your faulty assertions are NOT Republicans. I don't know about SoCalGangs, but I've never belonged to any party and have voted for people on both sides of the aisle, as well as third party. I was even considering volunteering for Democrat Loretta Sanchez, and I may still do so. The thing is for me, I'm not beholden to any party.

You must have me confused with someone else. I've made no "errors" since posting here.

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: Faithful1] #891404
08/20/16 02:38 AM
08/20/16 02:38 AM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss

That's right. Truth is more important than some political party. Peoples identities get wrapped up into these political parties and then it blinds them from the truth as they're unable to challenge their biases and assumptions. We all have bias but it's important we expose ourselves to new ideas and counter arguments. And not just dumb counter arguments but the best counter arguments out there.

I've never belonged to a political party either. philosophically I'm more libertarian than anything and even that's subject to change in the face of new evidence and reason.
I don't even belong to the libertarian party. I don't believe party politics are the answer anyway. Speaking truth no matter what, or seeking truth no matter what is what is important. Politics and elections are about popularity. Speaking truth doesn't usually make you liked and popular.

Last edited by SoCalGangs; 08/20/16 03:18 AM.
Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: NickyScarfo] #891406
08/20/16 02:47 AM
08/20/16 02:47 AM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
You gave reasons for a prediction that is yet to come to fruition. It's like if I said that a flying saucer is going to land in a field tomorrow. Oh, and here's the reasons...then I go on to give concise reasons. If the prediction hasn't yet come true, then the reasons are not yet applicable to anything. Obamacare is fine. When it first went into effect there was one scare story after another. The long term cost projections are now $ trillions lower than they were when it was implemented. The "disaster" didn't happen. the "collapse" didn't happen. They were Republican lies.

Higher premiums for working families isn't fine. It's a pretty big deal. Major insurance companies announcements that they're withdrawing exchanges In multiple states isn't fine. You're resistant to reality.

But I forgot. The republicans are behind everything bad. Republican conspiracy everywhere.

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: NickyScarfo] #891434
08/20/16 02:18 PM
08/20/16 02:18 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
What is so wrong with being a member of a political party? What is wrong with people working as a group, for something good? Working with a group toward something good is better than being a shut-in and thinking you know everything. A lot of self proclaimed independents I know don't have the first clue as to how anything really works. They repeat what they hear on right wing radio (that's right, these so called independents live and die by the Republican daily talking points), and think that calling themselves independent somehow automatically makes them smarter than people who declare a political party or affiliation. A lot of self proclaimed independents in America today are the least knowledgeable people on global and political issues, and I'd have to guess their IQs are extremely low.

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: OakAsFan] #891435
08/20/16 02:20 PM
08/20/16 02:20 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA

You must have me confused with someone else. I've made no "errors" since posting here.

Excuse me while I vomit in my mouth from too much ROFL. "I've made no 'errors' since posting here." Right, like your bogus claim that due process is universal and compounded by the false assertion that you've made no errors since you've been posting here. So you're either a liar or just not bright enough to realize your errors. You could also just be a troll who makes hit and run comments to provoke other posters. You've already admitted to trolling Ivy.

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: NickyScarfo] #891436
08/20/16 02:23 PM
08/20/16 02:23 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
lol. "reality". There's another term.

The "reality" is, Obamacare is going to explode the whole universe and send us all flying into outer space. - average Republican, 2010.

Didn't happen.

Did you see the recent cost projections through 2020? Trillions lower than what was anticipated in 2010. Scare tactics, anyone? The "reality" is that things are never as bad as Republicans say they are. It's a rule of thumb.

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: Faithful1] #891437
08/20/16 02:26 PM
08/20/16 02:26 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss

Excuse me while I vomit in my mouth from too much ROFL. "I've made no 'errors' since posting here." Right, like your bogus claim that due process is universal and compounded by the false assertion that you've made no errors since you've been posting here. So you're either a liar or just not bright enough to realize your errors. You could also just be a troll who makes hit and run comments to provoke other posters. You've already admitted to trolling Ivy.

It was actually you who erroneously confused the due process clauses in the U.S. constitution with the general term, "due process". Rehash this all you will.

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: Faithful1] #891439
08/20/16 02:30 PM
08/20/16 02:30 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

While it's possible he could be a troll, Oak just may be as clueless as he seems. Either way, I've come to the conclusion he's no more worth responding to than cookcounty. At least cook is a barely literate inner-city halfwit who probably didn't pass the eighth grade. Not sure what Oak's excuse is.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: OakAsFan] #891446
08/20/16 03:06 PM
08/20/16 03:06 PM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
lol. "reality". There's another term.

The "reality" is, Obamacare is going to explode the whole universe and send us all flying into outer space. - average Republican, 2010.

Didn't happen.

Did you see the recent cost projections through 2020? Trillions lower than what was anticipated in 2010. Scare tactics, anyone? The "reality" is that things are never as bad as Republicans say they are. It's a rule of thumb.

You're really good at attacking imaginary republicans that don't post here and attacking arguments of people that don't post here. Now when will you address the arguments made by people on this forum?

Lol. What's wrong with being a hyper partisan person. Well just read all your posts. Republican obsessed. You rarely make a post without mentioning republicans.

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: NickyScarfo] #891449
08/20/16 03:07 PM
08/20/16 03:07 PM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
Oh I just realized I used the word "reality".. SHIT!! Did those evil republicans use that word too? Guess that makes everything I ever said invalid.

Why do you HATE logic? WHY???

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #891450
08/20/16 03:14 PM
08/20/16 03:14 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll

or we will collapse.....

Exactly, Binnie.

Democrats have the better ideas and most people know it. The only way their opposition can bring them down is by turning their ideas into scorched earth fear scenarios. They're comical, really. It would be funny if their alternative to Democratic leadership wasn't so disastrous.

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: OakAsFan] #891455
08/20/16 03:36 PM
08/20/16 03:36 PM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss

or we will collapse.....

Exactly, Binnie.

Democrats have the better ideas and most people know it. The only way their opposition can bring them down is by turning their ideas into scorched earth fear scenarios. They're comical, really. It would be funny if their alternative to Democratic leadership wasn't so disastrous.

There goes that word again "alternative"....

That's another term they use. I'm starting to suspect you're a secret republican.

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: IvyLeague] #891462
08/20/16 06:56 PM
08/20/16 06:56 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

While it's possible he could be a troll, Oak just may be as clueless as he seems. Either way, I've come to the conclusion he's no more worth responding to than cookcounty. At least cook is a barely literate inner-city halfwit who probably didn't pass the eighth grade. Not sure what Oak's excuse is.

ivy...
why is it you are so insulting to everyone? you cant carry on an intelligent conversation without attacking your adversary.

can't you respond to someone without trying to take away their dignty. you are indeed the most offensive poster on this site, doesn't it matter to you what other people think of you.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #891466
08/20/16 07:26 PM
08/20/16 07:26 PM
I
IvyLeague Offline
IvyLeague  Offline
I

Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

ivy...
why is it you are so insulting to everyone? you cant carry on an intelligent conversation without attacking your adversary.

can't you respond to someone without trying to take away their dignty. you are indeed the most offensive poster on this site, doesn't it matter to you what other people think of you.

Uh, I've made plenty of posts without attacking anyone. But certain posters, like cookcounty or Oak, are beneath contempt and have no dignity to take away.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.
Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: IvyLeague] #891470
08/20/16 09:15 PM
08/20/16 09:15 PM
New York
SC Offline
Consigliere
SC  Offline
Consigliere

New York
Consider this a warning, Ivy and everyone else. The snide, personal remarks in these threads must stop. I don't know why you guys have to be reminded of this every few weeks unless it's that you don't give a shit. That being the case suspensions and banishments are going to start if you continue with this sandbox shit.

No further warnings will be given.

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: NickyScarfo] #891473
08/20/16 10:36 PM
08/20/16 10:36 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Going back to the original topic of the thread, Obama supposedly being polarizing...

His approval rating is over 50%. Bush's at this time was around 30%.

Obama's not polarizing. He just has a political opposition that's in the minority.

Last edited by OakAsFan; 08/20/16 10:39 PM.

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: OakAsFan] #891496
08/21/16 02:54 PM
08/21/16 02:54 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
Going back to the original topic of the thread, Obama supposedly being polarizing...

Obama's not polarizing. He just has a political opposition that's in the minority.

ive got a hunch that in a few years people will want Obama back.

the next president will no doubt put troops on the ground in the middle east, and that added to the mess that's already there could involve us for decades to come, spending billions, while inflation skyrockets out of control,

Obama is taking a lot of heat for not sending troops to Syria,
but, I think hes right, and in a few years from now so will everyone else. his popularity will increase year, by year.

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #891504
08/21/16 05:01 PM
08/21/16 05:01 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA

the next president will no doubt put troops on the ground in the middle east, and that added to the mess that's already there could involve us for decades to come, spending billions, while inflation skyrockets out of control,

but, I think hes right, and in a few years from now so will everyone else. his popularity will increase year, by year.

Obama already put troops down in the ME. He's sent over 5000 troops to Iraq. Obama and Hillary have bombed Syria and paid hundreds of millions of dollars to local fighters to battle against Assad. Most of those local fighters ended up running away and leaving US taxpayer funded vehicles, equipment and arms behind for ISIS to pick up. Still think he's right? And Hillary will probably expand the war against Assad. After all, she not only supported the Iraq war, but supported bombing Libya and Syria.

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: NickyScarfo] #891506
08/21/16 06:04 PM
08/21/16 06:04 PM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY
Not to mention killing of Abdulrahman al-Awlaki a boy of 16 and an American Citizen

The Dude: And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean... beyond pacifism?

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life
Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: thedudeabides87] #891507
08/21/16 06:28 PM
08/21/16 06:28 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
Originally Posted By: thedudeabides87
Not to mention killing of Abdulrahman al-Awlaki a boy of 16 and an American Citizen

were those drone strikes?

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: Faithful1] #891508
08/21/16 06:36 PM
08/21/16 06:36 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest

Obama already put troops down in the ME. He's sent over 5000 troops to Iraq. Obama and Hillary have bombed Syria and paid hundreds of millions of dollars to local fighters to battle against Assad. Most of those local fighters ended up running away and leaving US taxpayer funded vehicles, equipment and arms behind for ISIS to pick up. Still think he's right? And Hillary will probably expand the war against Assad. After all, she not only supported the Iraq war, but supported bombing Libya and Syria.

well, 5,000 troops is a long way from a total commitment,

yes, I'm well aware of Hillary, and hopefully she's not a big as a hawk as you have painted her. [hopefully]

I just don't see any good in sending thousands and thousands of troops in Syria, or Iraq, the wars over there may be the kind we can never win. is Hillary really that dumb.
I certainly hope not because whether we like it or not

she will be our president.

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull