GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
1 registered members (CabriniGreen), 434 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,442
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,530
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,433
Posts1,060,903
Members10,349
Most Online992
Yesterday at 04:40 PM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: NickyScarfo] #890914
08/15/16 09:18 PM
08/15/16 09:18 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
The money is being spent on wars, and making the rich even richer. The money isn't being spent on the people, or the infrastructure and services that make the quality of life peaceful and prosperous for average Americans. They're leaving poor Americans to fend for themselves, while they're building a nest egg for themselves.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: NickyScarfo] #890936
08/16/16 12:42 AM
08/16/16 12:42 AM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
The money is being spent everywhere from
Wars to welfare both corporate and crumbs to the poor.
The government has no incentive to help poor people in a permanent way or else they wouldn't be able to justify their power and massive budgets. This is how they maintain their power, why would they ever give that up? They're not charity. They're an institution built on the initiation of force and coercion. It's about power and control.

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: NickyScarfo] #890937
08/16/16 01:00 AM
08/16/16 01:00 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
At least welfare is putting food on peoples' tables. And when you break it down per person, it's crumbs. The military contractors are making out like bandits.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: NickyScarfo] #890940
08/16/16 01:26 AM
08/16/16 01:26 AM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
So how many more trillions should be redistributed towards welfare programs for the poor? What amount exactly would solve it?

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: OakAsFan] #890942
08/16/16 02:04 AM
08/16/16 02:04 AM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
At least welfare is putting food on peoples' tables. And when you break it down per person, it's crumbs. The military contractors are making out like bandits.

just a quick note to you oak, don't know if you know it or not.but... dick cheney used to work for haliburton, he became vice-prez, engineered wars In Afghanistan, and Iraq, haliburton got a majority of military contracts, funny thing is at cheneys urging haliburtons contracts were NO-BID CONTRACTS.

haliburton had billions of military contracts, cheney should have been prosecuted for his sweetheart deals with them.
he never left his haliburton job, continued to work for them, when he was vice-prez.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: SoCalGangs] #890944
08/16/16 03:17 AM
08/16/16 03:17 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: SoCalGangs
So how many more trillions should be redistributed towards welfare programs for the poor? What amount exactly would solve it?

I don't know. I never looked at starving children as a price tag. Just my way of thinking, I guess.

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #890945
08/16/16 03:34 AM
08/16/16 03:34 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
And the worst part is that the media totally gave Dick Cheney a pass on that. You hardly heard about it. Had to look it up. 'Oh, the vice president's former company receives a no bid contract to provide oil to Iraq in an already controversial war? Non story!'

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: OakAsFan] #890946
08/16/16 03:39 AM
08/16/16 03:39 AM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss

I don't know. I never looked at starving children as a price tag. Just my way of thinking, I guess.

So are you saying that despite the government war on poverty since atleast the 1960s and trillions of dollars spent, there's still children starving?

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: OakAsFan] #890968
08/16/16 08:40 AM
08/16/16 08:40 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss

I am sure where you live you never actually saw a starving child. If you did you would not help him. You would say let the government do it. A lot of people are poor here. A lot of people on drugs here would use any money they have on the thing they love drugs not their children.

I can picture you donating to crudity to stray animals but not to people.

only the unloved hate
Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: SoCalGangs] #890982
08/16/16 11:55 AM
08/16/16 11:55 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss

So are you saying that despite the government war on poverty since atleast the 1960s and trillions of dollars spent, there's still children starving?

If there wasn't welfare, there would be children starving. Obviously. People fear we're becoming a 3rd world country. A good way to do that would be to cut off welfare. The second welfare is cut off, we're a 3rd world hellhole, and it really is over.

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: OakAsFan] #890985
08/16/16 12:08 PM
08/16/16 12:08 PM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss

If there wasn't welfare, there would be children starving. Obviously. People fear we're becoming a 3rd world country. A good way to do that would be to cut off welfare. The second welfare is cut off, we're a 3rd world hellhole, and it really is over.

I didn't ask what you think would happen if all welfare was cut off.

The question is how much more should be spent in order to solve it. How much more money needs to be redistributed in order to Win the war on poverty?

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: NickyScarfo] #890987
08/16/16 12:18 PM
08/16/16 12:18 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
I'll give you the same answer every time. I don't put a price tag on starving children. I don't care how much it costs. Children should not starve in a nation as wealthy as ours.

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: NickyScarfo] #891013
08/16/16 04:31 PM
08/16/16 04:31 PM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
So I take it that you don't think the government war on poverty can ever be won and that children are stil starving or on the verge of starvation.

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: NickyScarfo] #891014
08/16/16 04:34 PM
08/16/16 04:34 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
oak, I agree. you have all these organizations fighting world hunger, but the republicans could care less, they wouldn't
spend a nickel on a starving child, the great depression proved that. when has a republican ever introduced anything like the war on poverty. which by the way helped many children.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"
Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: OakAsFan] #891016
08/16/16 04:36 PM
08/16/16 04:36 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
I'll give you the same answer every time. I don't put a price tag on starving children. I don't care how much it costs. Children should not starve in a nation as wealthy as ours.

spot on oak, there can be a price tag on deprived children,
many who now live in shelters with their single mothers.

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #891019
08/16/16 04:42 PM
08/16/16 04:42 PM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
oak, I agree. you have all these organizations fighting world hunger, but the republicans could care less, they wouldn't
spend a nickel on a starving child, the great depression proved that. when has a republican ever introduced anything like the war on poverty. which by the way helped many children.

Completely false. Conservatives and republicans give more money to charity and donate more time towards helping people.

I'm not a republican but it's a fact.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2008/12/21/opinion/21kristof.html?_r=0

The war on poverty is a failure. As is the war on drugs and the war on terror and any war the government declares that isn't an actual real war with clear objectives.

Government isn't a charity.

Last edited by SoCalGangs; 08/16/16 05:01 PM.
Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: SoCalGangs] #891023
08/16/16 05:10 PM
08/16/16 05:10 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
I find myself agreeing with both "sides" of the discussion.

During the Great Depression...proud men who would have NEVER asked anybody for anything stood in soup lines. They would preferred to work, but they would swallow pride before starving to death or allowing their kids to starve.

FDR, and his policies kept the country from falling apart.* He created programs that helped people, put Americans back to work , and created safety nets.

The govt. gave people fish, taught them to fish, and stocked lakes with fish....figuratively.

I support govt. agencies and private organizations that teach people to fish and that give fish to those who can't fish (children and the elderly.)

*I got a preview of what a collapse of society could look like during Hurricane Sandy's aftermath.....NJ came this close from descending into Lord of the Flies.A few more days and it would have been total chaos.

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: SoCalGangs] #891040
08/16/16 07:56 PM
08/16/16 07:56 PM
Past caring, then hang a left
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss

Completely false. Conservatives and republicans give more money to charity and donate more time towards helping people.

Brooks methodology for analysis have been criticized (and not just by liberals).

http://www.volokh.com/posts/1164012942.shtml

http://bit.ly/1i8SiL2

All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I never met anyone who didn't have a very smart child. What happens to these children, you wonder, when they reach adulthood?

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: NickyScarfo] #891043
08/16/16 08:31 PM
08/16/16 08:31 PM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
spot on helen, everything I said is a matter of record.

republicans have one god, MONEY,

democrats have a conscience. will help poor.

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: helenwheels] #891050
08/16/16 09:18 PM
08/16/16 09:18 PM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
Originally Posted By: helenwheels

Brooks methodology for analysis have been criticized (and not just by liberals).

http://www.volokh.com/posts/1164012942.shtml

http://bit.ly/1i8SiL2

Thanks. I just read the first link. The takeaway seems to be that there's not a significant difference between liberals and conservatives when it comes to giving to charity, but maybe the difference lies between "moderates" vs conservatives and liberals.

Still, none of this supports the idea that conservative people wouldn't give a nickel to help starving children or support any cause. I get that a lot of conservatives give money to churches. But a lot of churches do work to try helping the poor.

The idea that one whole group of people from a political party is just evil and greedy, just seems ridiculous.

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: SoCalGangs] #891053
08/16/16 09:36 PM
08/16/16 09:36 PM
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss

The idea that one whole group of people from a political party is just evil and greedy, just seems ridiculous.

Of course it's ridiculous. Painting any enormous group with a broad brush is reductive and frankly, just plain old stupid.

Conservatives are...
Liberals are...
Muslims are...
Blacks are...

It's all bullshit. People are people at their core. Some are good, some are bad, most are in the middle.

All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I never met anyone who didn't have a very smart child. What happens to these children, you wonder, when they reach adulthood?

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: NickyScarfo] #891054
08/16/16 09:48 PM
08/16/16 09:48 PM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #891058
08/16/16 10:03 PM
08/16/16 10:03 PM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo

"What's more, Republicans appear to give bigger gifts, but Democrats pour in the smaller donations in a big number. Said the survey analysis, "If, however, you zero in on giving that is heavier or lighter than the middle range you find that the parties differ a lot. Democrats and Independents both had many zero-to-very-light givers (less than $100 for the year), and modest numbers of heavier givers. Republicans, in comparison, had comparatively few skinflints, and numerous serious donors — 31 percent sharing at least $1,000 with charity, versus 17 percent among Democrats, and 20 percent among Independents."

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/americ...article/2580876

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: Binnie_Coll] #891068
08/16/16 11:05 PM
08/16/16 11:05 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA

There's plenty of Republicans who help the poor, but for some reason you're just full of hate towards them and demonize them. It's simplistic black and white thinking that is absolutely not true. Some people call it Republican Derangement Syndrome.

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: NickyScarfo] #891080
08/17/16 01:49 AM
08/17/16 01:49 AM
far, northwest
Binnie_Coll Offline
Underboss
Binnie_Coll  Offline
Underboss
far, northwest
ive never in my life ever seen any of the evidence of republicans being givers, sorry, that's my take on them.

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: OakAsFan] #891235
08/18/16 10:11 PM
08/18/16 10:11 PM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY

Just asking a question, that's all. You said you're hoping to avoid being "dependent on government" (which I assume entails needing social security at an advanced age) by working hard and making smart choices. So, I just asked you if you think people on social security didn't work hard or make smart choices. Do you?

Simply answer, No.

thedudeabides,

Let me say this.

I hope you do succeed to the point to where you won't need social security.

I also hope social security is there for you, in case you don't.

I think that's the best way to articulate my argument.

Thank you, I hope the same for you.

Some people no doubt need it because of things beyond their control and I would never discourage them from doing so.

Let's call it 200k/year.

The vast, vast majority of Americans will never see that. Just a statistical fact.

I agree but it is not impossible and not a "fantasy"

Originally Posted By: getthesenets
Dude,

just got finished watching the Glenn Beck "Founding Fathers" clip you put up a while back.Thanks. Definitely interesting. Beck has to throw in some of the garbage of course, but pretty interesting. I had some good debates on this site about "Black History Month" and I've always said that It exists because the contributions of Africans were omitted from general American history books. Not by coincidence either.
When they take questions at the end, the people are clearly plants and it looks like an infomercial.

I wish I had learned this in highschool so I didn't have to hear the commentary but that is media at its "best," at a very leat you can learn something if you are a fan of history it is very interesting and a good watch.

Originally Posted By: getthesenets
I find myself agreeing with both "sides" of the discussion.

During the Great Depression...proud men who would have NEVER asked anybody for anything stood in soup lines. They would preferred to work, but they would swallow pride before starving to death or allowing their kids to starve.

FDR, and his policies kept the country from falling apart.* He created programs that helped people, put Americans back to work , and created safety nets.

The govt. gave people fish, taught them to fish, and stocked lakes with fish....figuratively.

I support govt. agencies and private organizations that teach people to fish and that give fish to those who can't fish (children and the elderly.)

*I got a preview of what a collapse of society could look like during Hurricane Sandy's aftermath.....NJ came this close from descending into Lord of the Flies.A few more days and it would have been total chaos.

As usual, I agree with most of your post I am on both sides but at some point, people relied on receiving fish so much they become dependent on it and not learning how to fish.

FDR- “The lessons of history, confirmed by the evidence immediately before me, show conclusively that continued dependence upon relief induces a spiritual and moral disintegration fundamentally destructive to the national fiber. To dole out relief in this way is to administer a narcotic, a subtle destroyer of the human spirit. It is in violation of the traditions of America.”

I cannot take away the fact the some people do need it.

The Dude: And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean... beyond pacifism?

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life
Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: thedudeabides87] #891239
08/18/16 11:08 PM
08/18/16 11:08 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Dude,

Thanks again for the clip. I'm not ashamed to say that there were two guys in the paintings who I had never heard of.

I have a poster of the Black Heritage Postage Stamps and I always joked that the picture used for Benjamin Banneker(same poster in the clip) looks just like Nas.

Great FDR quote. Think it should apply to corporate welfare also.

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: NickyScarfo] #891244
08/18/16 11:18 PM
08/18/16 11:18 PM
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss
Just don't forget the missing parts of that quote:

A large proportion of these unemployed and their dependents have been forced on the relief rolls. The burden on the Federal Government has grown with great rapidity. We have here a human as well as an economic problem. When humane considerations are concerned, Americans give them precedence. The lessons of history, confirmed by the evidence immediately before me, show conclusively that continued dependence upon relief induces a spiritual and moral disintegration fundamentally destructive to the national fibre. To dole out relief in this way is to administer a narcotic, a subtle destroyer of the human spirit. It is inimical to the dictates of sound policy. It is in violation of the traditions of America. Work must be found for able-bodied but destitute workers.

You can read that entire SOTU address here
http://www.albany.edu/faculty/gz580/his101/su35fdr.html

After that bit above the speech goes on to propose that those that cant care for themselves be cared for through social agencies, and for those that can work emergency public employment, both of which many consider filthy commie socialism.

Last edited by helenwheels; 08/18/16 11:28 PM.

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: NickyScarfo] #891250
08/19/16 12:40 AM
08/19/16 12:40 AM
S
SoCalGangs Offline
Underboss
SoCalGangs  Offline
S
Underboss
But wouldn't it be better had the Great Depression been avoided in the first place?

My biggest beef with government is that it will create a problem- the Great Depression- and then blame the supposed "free market gone wild" and then expand government welfare and say see"you need us."

Re: Why is Obama so Polarizing? [Re: NickyScarfo] #891251
08/19/16 12:45 AM
08/19/16 12:45 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Government didn't create the Great Depression. Greed, and a total lack of regard for the poor and working class did. This almost created another depression between 2007-2009, and would have if Democrats had not taken the white house.

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull