GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Toodoped, Liggio, 1 invisible), 187 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,479
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,530
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,437
Posts1,060,985
Members10,349
Most Online992
Jun 1st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 32 of 58 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 57 58
Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #890516
08/11/16 10:19 PM
08/11/16 10:19 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Donald Trump interviewed on CNBC. He basically tells Republicans "Screw you guys, I'm going continue to do what I've been doing, and if I lose, who cares? I've got a nice life."

"I'm a truth teller. All I do is tell the truth. And if at the end of 90 days, I've fallen short because I'm somewhat politically correct even though I'm supposed to be the smart one and even though I'm supposed to have a lot of good ideas, it's OK. I go back to a very good way of life."

Oh yeah, he also says that Obama and Hillary "founded ISIS."

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/08/11/gop-presidential-candidate-donald-trump.html

Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #890697
08/13/16 05:13 PM
08/13/16 05:13 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
The Syrian Kurds US backed retake an important city in Syria of ISIS local people celebrate being liberated. They talk about the brutality of living under ISIS control and ISIS continue to lose territory. The scumbags are on the run but expect more terrorist attacks guys a wounded animal becomes more brutal as it becomes more apparent they are losing they will do more terrorist attacks and alot of these forgein fighters will come back that is what i fear the most the guys coming back. Any forgein ISIS fighter that comes back should be charged with war crimes do what they did with the Nazis hang them.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/08/13/middleeast/syria-isis-manbij/index.html

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion
Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #890698
08/13/16 05:15 PM
08/13/16 05:15 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
seven burnt and stabbed on a train in Switzerland including a young child it is not known if this is terrorist related

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/699701/Switzerland-train-knife-attack-burns

Sorry for the confusion
Re: News [Re: Faithful1] #890701
08/13/16 05:24 PM
08/13/16 05:24 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Faithful1
Donald Trump interviewed on CNBC. He basically tells Republicans "Screw you guys, I'm going continue to do what I've been doing, and if I lose, who cares? I've got a nice life."

"I'm a truth teller. All I do is tell the truth. And if at the end of 90 days, I've fallen short because I'm somewhat politically correct even though I'm supposed to be the smart one and even though I'm supposed to have a lot of good ideas, it's OK. I go back to a very good way of life."

Oh yeah, he also says that Obama and Hillary "founded ISIS."

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/08/11/gop-presidential-candidate-donald-trump.html

F1,

thanks, I heard that Trump allegedly made the Isis comment and I thought for sure it was a lie. I hear fear in Trump's comments, like he's already copping pleas for losing the general election.

Trump is only loyal to himself...he's not Rep. or Dem....he's a Trump-ocrat a Me-publican.

Re: News [Re: gangstereport] #890702
08/13/16 05:29 PM
08/13/16 05:29 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: gangstereport
seven burnt and stabbed on a train in Switzerland including a young child it is not known if this is terrorist related

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/699701/Switzerland-train-knife-attack-burns

just horrible.

Re: News [Re: getthesenets] #890717
08/13/16 10:45 PM
08/13/16 10:45 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Originally Posted By: getthesenets

F1,

thanks, I heard that Trump allegedly made the Isis comment and I thought for sure it was a lie. I hear fear in Trump's comments, like he's already copping pleas for losing the general election.

Trump is only loyal to himself...he's not Rep. or Dem....he's a Trump-ocrat a Me-publican.

Trumpocrat. I like that.

Allegedly there's a real story behind his claim that Obama and Hillary founded ISIS, aside from him saying that he was being sarcastic. If Trump was more articulate than a 5th grader he would actually explain and put Clinton and Obama on defense. Allegedly (because I haven't verified this) the group Judicial Watch, which is suing the State Dept. for not complying with its FOIA requests, was recently given a number of documents that included emails saying that while Hillary was Secretary of State they authorized shipping arms to two Syrian groups that were fighting President Bashar Al-Assad in 2012. Those two groups were Al Qaeda in Iraq and Al Qaeda in Syria -- the same two groups that merged to become ISIS. You can look at the actual documents here: http://www.judicialwatch.org/. I don't think anyone can take an HONEST look at the docs and not come to the conclusion that the Clintons are dirty. Obama doesn't come out looking too good either. (As a reminder to those who think I'm being partisan, I also have gone after Donald Trump and George W. Bush, so I'm an equal opportunity basher.)

Re: News [Re: Faithful1] #890719
08/13/16 11:24 PM
08/13/16 11:24 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
F1,

thanks for the link, Ms. Pierson tried to allude to what I think is contained in the links, before she made the "Obama got us into Afghanistan" comment.

Also appreciate the fact that you give both "sides" equal time. Anybody who reads your posts has to note that. I think people can have personal beliefs and leanings without being married to a political party ....In fact it never pays to have allegiance to an(y) organization that, by definition, doesn't have any allegiance to you.

reading the article now.

Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #890735
08/14/16 09:07 AM
08/14/16 09:07 AM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
Looting, rioting and Mayhem in Milwaukee last night following a police shooting. Supposedly they recovered a gun and the Officer was wearing an camera.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/08/14/mil...l-shooting.html

Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #890740
08/14/16 09:39 AM
08/14/16 09:39 AM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
What's happening in American cities in response to police shootings is not just about the shootings themselves, it's a powder keg of several other issues exploding. The police are the most authoritative form of government that poor people deal with, especially poor people of color, so they're going to get the most harsh criticism of their actions. It comes with the job, which is voluntary, last I checked. Police believe they should be respected because they protect people, the problem is a lot of people don't feel protected by the police. Protection is a feeling. It's not an object. It's not something you can see or touch. It's something you believe in. Poor people of color do not believe the police are protecting them. So when a cop shoots one of them, they're going to get a harsh response every time. There needs to be a better relationship between poor people of color and the authoritative arm of our government, from the police to the DA's to the prisons, and frankly, I think the authorities could do a lot more. I think for the most part their response to this rift is exerting more power. Poor people of color aren't doing this because they couldn't if they wanted to. They don't have power to exert.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: News [Re: OakAsFan] #890793
08/14/16 08:10 PM
08/14/16 08:10 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
What's happening in American cities in response to police shootings is not just about the shootings themselves, it's a powder keg of several other issues exploding. The police are the most authoritative form of government that poor people deal with, especially poor people of color, so they're going to get the most harsh criticism of their actions. It comes with the job, which is voluntary, last I checked. Police believe they should be respected because they protect people, the problem is a lot of people don't feel protected by the police. Protection is a feeling. It's not an object. It's not something you can see or touch. It's something you believe in. Poor people of color do not believe the police are protecting them. So when a cop shoots one of them, they're going to get a harsh response every time. There needs to be a better relationship between poor people of color and the authoritative arm of our government, from the police to the DA's to the prisons, and frankly, I think the authorities could do a lot more. I think for the most part their response to this rift is exerting more power. Poor people of color aren't doing this because they couldn't if they wanted to. They don't have power to exert.

So are you now the official spokesperson for poor people of color?

Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #890801
08/14/16 09:20 PM
08/14/16 09:20 PM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
This must be considered: poor white people, Hispanic people, and Asian people in America have been shot and killed by law enforcement. However, white people, Hispanic people, and Asian people in America do not, in response, riot.

We all have the power to engage in political activity in order to influence local, state, and federal government policies and procedures. The black community in America has done so on a grand scale that resulted in monumental changes in local, state, and federal policies and procedures. In other words, there is much precedent for such political activity.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #890802
08/14/16 09:27 PM
08/14/16 09:27 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/15/world/africa/boko-haram-video-girls-nigeria.html?_r=0

Kidnapped girls are seen in a Boko Haram propaganda video. These animals have had them for 2 years now most have been forced into marriage fucking animals kidnapping a school of girls thinking they are tough guys pussys and perverts thats what they are raping and kidnapping a bunch of teenage girls scumbags

When i read about these sorts of things it really disgusts me all these terriorts they catch need to be charged with war crimes because thats what they have done they did it with Serbians and the Rwanda militant leaders but they only got prison sentences the world has gone too soft back in the 50s and 60s when they tried all the Nazis for war crimes they were hanged. What these people are doing is the exact same as what the Nazis did what ISIS have done is genocide they slaughtered 3,000 police recruits on one day and thats just one case this sort of thing is common for these animals and tried to kill all Christians killed all males and forced females into marriage just the difference is this time these freaks have videoed half of this stuff dont even need to investigate its all online if they ever get charged with war crimes it should not take long these trials.

Sorry for the confusion
Re: News [Re: olivant] #890808
08/14/16 10:54 PM
08/14/16 10:54 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: olivant
This must be considered: poor white people, Hispanic people, and Asian people in America have been shot and killed by law enforcement. However, white people, Hispanic people, and Asian people in America do not, in response, riot.

We all have the power to engage in political activity in order to influence local, state, and federal government policies and procedures. The black community in America has done so on a grand scale that resulted in monumental changes in local, state, and federal policies and procedures. In other words, there is much precedent for such political activity.

Good post. Though I will say that I saw some Hispanic people carrying "found"furniture and tv's in footage of the L.A. riots smile

People out there rioting don't want to engage in political activity....they are the thug element acting out under the protection/cloud of a mob.
None(or very few) of them are registered to vote...and apparently they haven't studied the effects of riots in the past 20 years. Merchants move it, taking with them the local jobs, buildings are rebuilt using union guys who are mostly from outside the community, and in some cases the people who live there are displaced. It's a net loss for the people in the area looters and regular citizens alike.

Re: News [Re: gangstereport] #890810
08/14/16 11:03 PM
08/14/16 11:03 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: gangstereport
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/15/world/africa/boko-haram-video-girls-nigeria.html?_r=0

Kidnapped girls are seen in a Boko Haram propaganda video. These animals have had them for 2 years now most have been forced into marriage fucking animals kidnapping a school of girls thinking they are tough guys pussys and perverts thats what they are raping and kidnapping a bunch of teenage girls scumbags

When i read about these sorts of things it really disgusts me all these terriorts they catch need to be charged with war crimes because thats what they have done they did it with Serbians and the Rwanda militant leaders but they only got prison sentences the world has gone too soft back in the 50s and 60s when they tried all the Nazis for war crimes they were hanged. What these people are doing is the exact same as what the Nazis did what ISIS have done is genocide they slaughtered 3,000 police recruits on one day and thats just one case this sort of thing is common for these animals and tried to kill all Christians killed all males and forced females into marriage just the difference is this time these freaks have videoed half of this stuff dont even need to investigate its all online if they ever get charged with war crimes it should not take long these trials.

good post G.R.,

Sounds harsh, but in the words of Sonny from Bronx Tale..."Nobody cares". The government of Nigeria doesn't seem to care, which makes others not care. Personally I feel like slapping the sh*t out of any Black person who claims allegiance to Islam (or any religion)to the point where they get brainwashed into victimizing people who look like them.
They need to GTFOH with that BS

Re: News [Re: getthesenets] #890819
08/15/16 01:05 AM
08/15/16 01:05 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
apparently they haven't studied the effects of riots in the past 20 years. Merchants move it, taking with them the local jobs, buildings are rebuilt using union guys who are mostly from outside the community, and in some cases the people who live there are displaced. It's a net loss for the people in the area looters and regular citizens alike.

Agreed about the economic impact, but one thing that resulted from the LA riots was that the LAPD's old guard was practically dismantled when Daryl Gates resigned, and there hasn't been a police chief like Gates since, which is a very good thing. LA has a dark history of white midwestern and southern transplants controlling the city's government and police department and using brutal tactics to keep people of color out of power. It's just in the past 20 years that Latinos began to dominate politics in LA, when they had the numbers to do so long beforehand in many districts. When you consider law enforcement officials like Joe Arpaio in Arizona, there might still be a police chief similar to Daryl Gates in LA if the riots hadn't have happened.

It's interesting that people say Latinos don't riot, but they sure did benefit from the rioting that blacks did in LA in '92. It dismantled the good old boys club that oversaw a police department that brutalized poor Latinos at will. There's still some high profile incidents of police brutality, but it is nothing like it was before 1992. Look at what recently happened with the LA Sheriffs department.

Last edited by OakAsFan; 08/15/16 01:07 AM.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #890842
08/15/16 10:52 AM
08/15/16 10:52 AM
Texas
O
olivant Offline
olivant  Offline
O

Texas
One can argue that there is a white underclass, an Hispanic underclass, and an Asian underclass. However, it is the black underclass that over the many decades that I have lived seems to be permanent. It seems to not show any abatement or even evolution. it manifests itself on video.

Despite all of the emphasis over the past few decades on illegal immigration, Hispanics have little or no problem integrating into American society. From time to time, the white underclass catches hell because some of its members say and do stupid things. One never hears about Asians. But the black underclass has a dress problem, a physical demeanor problem (head and shoulder movement in a simple conversation), and a slurred or mushmouth verbal problem.

Contrast the black underclass with the black middle class representatives such as Don Lemon, Jerome Bettis, Michael Steel, Joey Jackson, or President Obama. Contrast the behavior, etc. of the black underclass with that of the Hispanic, White, or Asian underclasses. The contrast is quite dramatic and I don't think there is any solution to it.

Last edited by olivant; 08/15/16 11:08 AM.

"Generosity. That was my first mistake."
"Experience must be our only guide; reason may mislead us."
"Instagram is Twitter for people who can't read."
Re: News [Re: olivant] #890851
08/15/16 01:49 PM
08/15/16 01:49 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
olivant,

I suppose one reason for that could be that black Americans are not too many generations removed from ancestors that were slaves in this country. Slaves were punished for reading, learning. Forgoing intellectualism and sharpening physical prowess among other blacks had been a necessity of survival for blacks in America for hundreds of years. Again, not a choice, but a necessity for survival. Black slaves were punished for showing signs of intelligence. Slavery only ended about 150 years ago. I'm not sure how many races of people historically in civilizations have completely changed their culture in that amount of time, especially when you consider black people didn't even have the same civil rights as white people on paper until about 50 years ago.

America is tough on black people. Harsh. Black people are given a higher bar than any other race. A black person accomplishes anything, a lot of Americans think they were given a leg up due to "political correctness", "white guilt", "affirmative action", even when the first black president was elected. Obama's vision and temperament were far better than those of his opponents. Sarah Palin's family was a walking episode of the Jerry Springer show during the campaign and somehow people even thought she was more qualified to be president than Obama, based on what, I have no idea. Oh, wait, I do...

Last edited by OakAsFan; 08/15/16 01:54 PM.

Re: News [Re: olivant] #890889
08/15/16 07:03 PM
08/15/16 07:03 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
One can argue that there is a white underclass, an Hispanic underclass, and an Asian underclass. However, it is the black underclass that over the many decades that I have lived seems to be permanent. It seems to not show any abatement or even evolution. it manifests itself on video.

Despite all of the emphasis over the past few decades on illegal immigration, Hispanics have little or no problem integrating into American society. From time to time, the white underclass catches hell because some of its members say and do stupid things. One never hears about Asians. But the black underclass has a dress problem, a physical demeanor problem (head and shoulder movement in a simple conversation), and a slurred or mushmouth verbal problem.

Contrast the black underclass with the black middle class representatives such as Don Lemon, Jerome Bettis, Michael Steel, Joey Jackson, or President Obama. Contrast the behavior, etc. of the black underclass with that of the Hispanic, White, or Asian underclasses. The contrast is quite dramatic and I don't think there is any solution to it.

jerome bettis and president obama aren't middle class....they're rich

the education system in black communities is one of the main problems with black people

black people aren't in charge of sending better curriculum or funding for schools

it's lower class, middle class, and upper class......not underclass...smh

Re: News [Re: olivant] #890893
08/15/16 07:27 PM
08/15/16 07:27 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss

Oli,

Disagree. Black underclass is more visible in the media, but if you don't think that permanent underclass of Whites exists, I'd direct your attention to the pockets of them in East Coast cities,the Rustbelt or to the ones who are in the Appalachian region of the country, where there are almost "developing country" living conditions.

The Black underclass exists in a larger proportion to the overall Black community than other groups, but it's a myth that generations-deep poverty doesn't exist among White people or that they do not exhibit the EXACT same pathology as other people in the "permanent underclass" that you speak of.

As far as Hispanic groups,the trending incarceration rates indicate that their "permanent underclass" exists and is expanding.

Re: News [Re: getthesenets] #890895
08/15/16 07:38 PM
08/15/16 07:38 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
As far as Hispanic groups,the trending incarceration rates indicate that their "permanent underclass" exists and is expanding.

This.

Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #890899
08/15/16 08:03 PM
08/15/16 08:03 PM
Past caring, then hang a left
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss

All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I never met anyone who didn't have a very smart child. What happens to these children, you wonder, when they reach adulthood?

Re: News [Re: helenwheels] #890904
08/15/16 08:20 PM
08/15/16 08:20 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Helen,
thanks.
To Oli, I will not and cannot deny the existence and growth of a Black underclass. People who have discussions with me here will tell you that I don't bury my head in the sand about topics, or hide out/avoid threads. I just think that members of that class have been more visible over the years and especially with the riots over the past 3 years. "Gangster rap" "Trap" music, "drill music" promote the worst elements of our culture 24/7.

to Helen,
thanks again. just like I mentioned with Hispanic groups....if you follow incarceration rates among groups...especially for violent offenses....leads you to/stems from the underclass of that group.

I knew little about the south east Asian groups outside of the gangs and the stories of them being deported.

Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #890915
08/15/16 09:21 PM
08/15/16 09:21 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/aug/15/guantanamo-bay-inmates-transferred-obama

US transfers 15 Guantánamo detainees in largest single release under Obama. Not sure i agree with what obama is doing here i understand why he is doing that but i dont agree with it. It is wrong that anyone can be held there without trial and it is expensive to run plus Cuba have been asking US to close it for years and now US is finally starting to enter diplomatic talks with Cuba closing it would help relations.

But there are major flaws with what is going on the prisoners are getting moved to countries where it is not known if they people will be able to communicate with the outside world or even be able to escape we dont know enough about where they are going. Imagine if some of them escape these people being held some of them are very dangerous. Also it is a good way of protecting US citzens and is a good way of getting informantion out of terror suspects. And even the people being released who are innocent or not as dangerous as expected imagine how angry they are going to be with the US would they want revenge?

Trump is a fucking idiot i dont think he really understands whats going on in the world his comments come out idiotic and his forgein policy is ridiclous. Not that i like Clinton either i hate the women the damage she has caused world wide. Feel sorry for alot of you guys i dont know if i could vote for either of them

Sorry for the confusion
Re: News [Re: gangstereport] #890931
08/15/16 10:39 PM
08/15/16 10:39 PM
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss
I’m sure these guys could be dangerous but they’ve also been out of the game for a decade and there is a new gang in town so... maybe not. Either way, it’s long past time for last call at Guantanamo.

All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I never met anyone who didn't have a very smart child. What happens to these children, you wonder, when they reach adulthood?

Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #890973
08/16/16 10:36 AM
08/16/16 10:36 AM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
"Donald Trump’s proposal for the “extreme vetting” of immigrants has a long and controversial history, in which versions of the plan have been used during times of political and social upheaval to quell fear and agitation."

http://nypost.com/2016/08/16/trump-s-extreme-vetting-not-unprecedented-in-us-history/

Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #890989
08/16/16 12:44 PM
08/16/16 12:44 PM
Upstate, NY
thedudeabides87 Offline
Underboss
thedudeabides87  Offline
Underboss
Upstate, NY

The Dude: And, you know, he's got emotional problems, man.
Walter Sobchak: You mean... beyond pacifism?

Walter Sobchak: This guy f*cking walks. I've never been so sure of anything in my entire life
Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #890994
08/16/16 01:19 PM
08/16/16 01:19 PM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
"House Republicans have detailed perjury allegations against Hillary Clinton, citing the apparent conflict between her 2015 congressional testimony about her email practices and the FBI's conclusions announced in July, according to a letter to the U.S. attorney for the District of Columbia."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/08/...st-clinton.html

Re: News [Re: helenwheels] #890997
08/16/16 01:45 PM
08/16/16 01:45 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Originally Posted By: helenwheels
I’m sure these guys could be dangerous but they’ve also been out of the game for a decade and there is a new gang in town so... maybe not. Either way, it’s long past time for last call at Guantanamo.

And they generally are returned with a hero's welcome, and some have been brought into leadership positions with Al Qaeda. It's not like the corporate world where being out of the game for ten years makes a difference. They maintain the same jihadist beliefs, and those don't change. The Quran and Hadith from ten years ago is the same Quran and Hadith today.

The reasons for keeping Guantanomo open are better than for closing (such as keeping their influence away from other prisoners, safety of the American public, etc). All prisons have costs associated to them, so those who complain about costs are throwing out a red herring. The prisoners there are actually treated well, so despite being enemy combatants who don't follow the Geneva Convention, they get far better treatment than they would anywhere else in the world.

Re: News [Re: Beanshooter] #891005
08/16/16 03:15 PM
08/16/16 03:15 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Beanshooter
"Donald Trump’s proposal for the “extreme vetting” of immigrants has a long and controversial history, in which versions of the plan have been used during times of political and social upheaval to quell fear and agitation."

http://nypost.com/2016/08/16/trump-s-extreme-vetting-not-unprecedented-in-us-history/

History repeats itself. I put up a post recently asking people about the impact of the Immigration Act of 1924 on organized crime.

The "villains" were different then, but what Trump is proposing is along the lines of the rationale for the past laws.

*and before anybody says it, there were "terrorist attacks" pinned to members of the groups that were considered "undesirable" back then.

Trump only knows one speed, but if toned down the sideshow carnival stuff, there is a bit of truth to some of what he is proposing, but why start using logic now?

Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #891008
08/16/16 04:08 PM
08/16/16 04:08 PM
Kokomo
B
Beanshooter Offline
Underboss
Beanshooter  Offline
B
Underboss
Kokomo
^^ As usual, well said Gets.