Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
[quote]Originally posted by Patrick:
[b]
What about the people who leave the US because they can't afford the education they want? People leave for surgeries because millions are uninsured. -Pat [/quote]Pat, people that leave the United States for surgeries USUALLY do so because the type of surgery that they may need is not approved in the USA. However, in MOST of those situations the costs to go to another country to get the medical treatment that is not approved here in the USA becomes astronomical! I know this for a fact my friend! So you are way off base making a general statement like that! As for education, I was talking about medical schools. Most people from different parts of the world who want to become doctors attend a medical school right in the USA. That is a fact! Most times when one gets into an exchange program, the student coming to America is coming to attend a medical school while the student departing America is ususally looking to attend a business or foriegn studies school. As for schools in general, I wouldn't argue, as there are many fine schols in general in europe. England has some of the finest schools in the world. And if you go back and read my original reply, I was sincerely looking for an answer from him that would maybe enlighten me. I was not looking to start a whole damn debate! :rolleyes:

Don Cardi [/b][/QUOTE]

"After every dark night, there's a bright day right after that. No matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it." -Tupac Shakur