Interesting question Juventus. I'm not quite sure what you're asking, but I'll give my two cents worth.

Being of European roots myself, I'm guessing most Europeans consider themselves more "from" their country then Europe.

I've never been to Europe but it is my wish that someday I'll be able to visit. I can only tell you impressions that I've heard/read, so anyone can correct me if I am wrong.

Greece is a beautiful country, with a culture similar to the Italian culture.

England, I hear, is very friendly and welcomes Americans. Also, not a putdown to England, but I hear the food is much more bland than in America.

France, although I hear has good food/wine/art, has a reputation of not liking tourist and perhaps somewhat standoffish. (sorry any French people)

Italy, and I am admittedly biased here, as were people I've gathered this info from :p has the best food, the best art, and the friendliest people. However, I am told to beware of "gypsies" who will pick your pocket in a minute.

That's just a few impressions to start things off. Maybe I'm wrong, but what do I know, I've never been to Europe.

Oh, let me add that obviously people who visit go to the tourist areas, so in reality, there impressions most likely wouldn't reflect the whole country.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon