GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Toodoped, 1 invisible), 482 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,851
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,479
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,530
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,436
Posts1,060,978
Members10,349
Most Online992
Jun 1st, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 23 of 58 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 57 58
Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #887660
07/12/16 12:11 PM
07/12/16 12:11 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
Getthesenets,

So you grew up just ahead of two of the major racial events of the past generation: the Rodney King beating and verdict and the OJ Simpson saga.

I'm glad to hear you did not experience any problems. You're extremely fortunate in that regard.

I feel like the early 90s re-opened many of the wounds from the Civil Rights unrest of the late 60s. Then fast forward to the past five years from George Zimmerman, to Tamir Rice (took place not far from where I work), to the events of the past week.

The social media age gives lots of people "beer muscles" to be more brash than they probably would ever dare to be verbally. Then again, some of the protestors just want to see how much media coverage they can get as the main objective.

These are very scary times. We have a divisive presidential candidate in Trump who fans the flames of extremism, intolerance, and prejudice. Then combine that with some rogue cops, ISIS, and citizens hunting cops and it's a recipe for disaster.

I'm heading out of town when the RNC circus pulls in next week. I just hope that there is a city to return to once they leave. And I certainly hope all of the violence stops regardless of the location.

Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #887662
07/12/16 12:32 PM
07/12/16 12:32 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
No one thinks whites ever faced bull shit from NYC cops. When I was a kid there were no black cops just white cops. They could do anything they wanted to white kids or any color kids black, Puerto Rican even Chinese, Jews.

Bothered any kids in a group. They stopped and frisked us and questioned us. Asked our names they expected us to lie to them. They would smack us around take one of us for a ride and drop us off some where. We did not have money so it was hard to get home.

So were we good kids. Hell no but when you did nothing and bothered it was very easy for us to hate cops.

Even today if I saw a cop in trouble or hurt I would not help him. Because I still remember the shit they pulled. Later on I still had problems with them. So frankly I feel more comfortible with minorities then I feel with white bread guys.

Heck I marched in the million man march they had in Harlem. It was more like the 25 thousand man March. I was there because someone up their oued us money. So I went to collect.

only the unloved hate
Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #887665
07/12/16 12:44 PM
07/12/16 12:44 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
On George Zimmerman I knew that he was full of shit when I first heard his story. He killed that kid because he got hurt a little bit and he had a gun. You get hurt and have a gun you will use that gun. He was nothing. I believe that kid was not going to kill him.

If anyone of you street guys every hit anyone from behind with a bat. When the guy goes to the hospital the doctors think he was hit from the front because the get what I like to call raccoon eyes. Front of the face turns all black and blue. When they check his face he is not fucked up in the face it is just swollen. Then a smart doctor will check the back of his head.

They did not do that with Zimmerman. So they thought the kid fucked him up bad so he shot him to protect his himself from death.

only the unloved hate
Re: News [Re: goombah] #887666
07/12/16 12:48 PM
07/12/16 12:48 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Originally Posted By: goombah
Getthesenets,

So you grew up just ahead of two of the major racial events of the past generation: the Rodney King beating and verdict and the OJ Simpson saga.

I'm glad to hear you did not experience any problems. You're extremely fortunate in that regard.

I feel like the early 90s re-opened many of the wounds from the Civil Rights unrest of the late 60s. Then fast forward to the past five years from George Zimmerman, to Tamir Rice (took place not far from where I work), to the events of the past week.

The social media age gives lots of people "beer muscles" to be more brash than they probably would ever dare to be verbally. Then again, some of the protestors just want to see how much media coverage they can get as the main objective.

These are very scary times. We have a divisive presidential candidate in Trump who fans the flames of extremism, intolerance, and prejudice. Then combine that with some rogue cops, ISIS, and citizens hunting cops and it's a recipe for disaster.

I'm heading out of town when the RNC circus pulls in next week. I just hope that there is a city to return to once they leave. And I certainly hope all of the violence stops regardless of the location.

Take trump over that hillary any day.

only the unloved hate
Re: News [Re: getthesenets] #887676
07/12/16 05:16 PM
07/12/16 05:16 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Originally Posted By: getthesenets

Straw man arguments about what liberal media or Blacks are saying about cops and the klan have no bearing on this discussion because nobody can "prove" what is in anybody's heart or mind. Fact remains that in a lot of these cases, cops are not following the guidelines that they were trained under.Overly aggressive,, speaking to citizens in disrespectful manner, reckless use of violence/force on suspect,falsifying or not filling out police reports after incidents. Basically not being professional when doing their jobs. It's like when dealing with Black men, some cops throw their training out of the window and it becomes about macho posturing.

Most of what you wrote is correct, but one point I would disagree with you is this: sometimes the policy itself is wrong. As an example let's look at the Eric Garner case.

Garner was illegally selling cigarettes and a local business owner called the police and the police came. Then when confronted he became resistive. What did the police do? He was brought to the ground, face down. One of the officers put his leg on Garner's back and applied pressure while putting him in a chokehold. This was all monitored by a Black female police sergeant. This indicates that this NYPD standard procedure.

There were three things wrong with what the police did. First, Garner was clearly obese. When restraining obese people they must be placed on the ground face up or against a wall. This is to ensure their ability to breathe is not compromised. When they put him on the ground face down they diminished his ability to breathe. The second thing was when the officer put his leg on Garner's back and applied pressure, further diminishing his ability to breathe. The third thing was the chokehold itself. There are two types of chokeholds: one cuts off breathing and cuts off the airway, the other applies pressure to the carotid artery. Of the two, cutting of the blood supply of the carotid artery is safer, yet the NYPD uses the other.

Because the police followed policy -- despite causing Garner's death -- none were convicted of a crime. Moreover, the way the Grand Jury was conducted was strange. Only the officer who physically interacted with Garner faced trial while his supervisor and the other officers were given immunity to testify against him. To say the least, something was wrong with that scenario. But the point is, following a bad policy that allows people to be killed when they shouldn't be is what protected the officers from being sent to prison. No one paid the price for a death that shouldn't have happened.

Re: News [Re: Faithful1] #887690
07/12/16 08:57 PM
07/12/16 08:57 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
As always, thanks for the info and clarification F1.

There was a thread where I brought up a White soccer mom,Cindy Hahn, who was beaten up by two cowardly cops. First cop lied on top of her...the second cop came and started striking her and I wondered why the first cop had to cover a middle aged woman to restrain her.
You explained to me how difficult it is to restrain a person of any size, and what some of the safety reasons are for using multiple people to restrain a person.

This is the unedited video I posted back then.

Garner was in fact breaking the law by selling loosies, and did in fact resist arrest. My question then and now about the choke hold was....at what point do you release the hold and allow the other officers to cuff the suspect/perp.?

Natural impulse when you are being choked is to try to clear what is choking you..in this case Garner's arms bending trying to pry the cop's arms from around his neck. No matter what you are being commanded to do, your body's self preservation instincts will make yo try to release what is choking you.Guidelines surely gave him leeway to release a chokehold on a man who said he couldn't breathe. Macho posturing.....Garner made them look bad in front of a crowd by resisting, so this officer was gonna get his pound of flesh.

Cop who choked Garner was not gonna let go until the man died, he heard the guy say I can't breathe and kept chokehold on him for minutes after that. Daniel Pantaleo, the cop, is a demon as far as I'm concerned.

Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #887693
07/12/16 09:35 PM
07/12/16 09:35 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Gets, no problem. I may have to wait before viewing the video. I can only take so much abuse-watching at a time. They are emotionally upsetting to watch.

To your choking question, when you do the carotid artery chokehold the person normally passes out in seconds...and they still breathe. Since the person is passed out, cuffs can be easily applied without resistance.

In regard to Pantaleo, remember that his supervisor was right there the whole time monitoring every move. Wouldn't that make her at least as guilty as he is, if not more so? What about police policies that make these techniques legal?

Re: News [Re: Faithful1] #887696
07/12/16 10:15 PM
07/12/16 10:15 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
F1,

The ranking officer is guilty as well. Again, Garner made the cops lose "face" in front of the crowd by resisting, so "they" were gonna get him back. It's the "us against them" attitude that Dude mentioned in his post about police. Like a true coward, the ranking officer didn't tell Pantaleo to release the hold, because again "it's us against them"
She has to live with her (in)decision for the rest of her life.Female cops (in this region) are super aggressive usually and go overboard to prove they are one of the guys.And in the "us versus them" mentality the only color is Blue.She failed as the ranking officer on the scene.

I'm gonna assign most of the blame on the guy who felt the life force drain from a guy he was choking and continued choking him anyway.

I've heard local radio interviews from ex-cops..on both sides of this issue..and they all agree that the incident could have been diffused much earlier.Cops in that precinct had arrested Garner several times before...so they had a lot of experience in dealing with him..and knew what he was and wasn't capable of.

He absolutely should not have resisted, and just taken the L...got booked and paid the fine

Good point about addressing the official policy and guidelines which ultimately allowed the tragedy to happen and for no indictments. I think that officers pick and choose when to use discretion in following the letter of the law regarding guidelines.The cop surely could have released the chokehold much earlier....He kept it on so long that he was strangling a corpse at one point.

Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #887702
07/12/16 11:24 PM
07/12/16 11:24 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
See they do that to white people to that is why you never called the cops. If it is life or death your dead by the time they get there. On a domestic disturbance you still don't call them. You call them the chances are they arrest everyone. Argue with them that is what happens.

The only people that love cops are people who pay them off. Regular people yeah they love them if they never were bothered by them or had to call them or if they are your handyman.

only the unloved hate
Re: News [Re: getthesenets] #887704
07/13/16 12:41 AM
07/13/16 12:41 AM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Another demon goes on killing spree. this time in Queens,NY.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-...ticle-1.2554814

Weird part of the story is that he had already attacked several people....killed at least one person....refused to drop weapon...threw some type of acid on cops and wasn't taken out.

What more would he have had to do for cops to aim for center mass and kill this PoS?

If I'm pulled over and I sneeze at the wrong time I'd get shot.

video of this story from March 2016

this is along the lines of what I mean by cops using discretion selectively..and this guy had already killed someone when cornered by cops.

Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #887717
07/13/16 07:29 AM
07/13/16 07:29 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
You really think because he was not black he was not shot? They might have been scared of him. So they waited for help to show up. See the women cop trying to run after him. She runs like hilliary if she could run.

Now if they did the right thing and shot him close range from behind they would be in trouble.

only the unloved hate
Re: News [Re: goombah] #887737
07/13/16 12:44 PM
07/13/16 12:44 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Goombah,

I'm actually surprised that Crowell didn't get suspended. He wrote (or posted a written) detailed apology and will donate his first game check to an organization for fallen policemen's families.

He also posted a video apology.

Re: News [Re: getthesenets] #887746
07/13/16 01:39 PM
07/13/16 01:39 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague

It's not that I don't necessarily agree that black men are treated differently at times - though I stand by what the stats say as a whole - I just don't agree with the reasons. The black/liberal explanation is that cops are racist, like they come home from their shift, take off their uniforms, and put on their white hoods. The more realistic, practical explanation is that it's black males who make up a big percentage of the violent crime in this country. If you're a cop, and that's who you deal with much of the time day in and day out, you're going to treat them differently. People high on their PC horse will cry "profiling" and "racism" but it makes sense. Who the black community should really be angry at is the criminals in their midst who give them a bad name.

I view some of this as deflection and straw men.
Some police officers engaging in behavior that is reckless and not consistent with THEIR training and procedures is the contention. You're choosing to deflect from this and absolve the bad cops for their decisions and actions.

The deflection about how many more interactions there will be between L.E. and Black men? In most jobs, the more experience you have doing a certain task, the more proficient and wise you get handling it. If officers are having more experience stopping,detaining, or apprehending Black men....I'd think that cops would be better able to read ,diffuse, and control situations better and there would be less violence.

Like I said before, I grew up in a particular violent city and era...Newark,NJ in the crack era 1980s. Real cops who were dealing with real crime problems in a majority Black city. Physically, I was indistinguishable from the kids who were part of the criminal element yet I never once had any problems or legal interaction with police in Newark.

I think the training was better,cops had on the field experience in assessing people by BEHAVIOR rather than appearance, and cops there didn't have idle time on their hands to do some of the foolish stuff some of these cops today are doing....liking deciding to pull over people because they fit descriptions because they have "wide set noses".

Straw man arguments about what liberal media or Blacks are saying about cops and the klan have no bearing on this discussion because nobody can "prove" what is in anybody's heart or mind. Fact remains that in a lot of these cases, cops are not following the guidelines that they were trained under.Overly aggressive,, speaking to citizens in disrespectful manner, reckless use of violence/force on suspect,falsifying or not filling out police reports after incidents. Basically not being professional when doing their jobs. It's like when dealing with Black men, some cops throw their training out of the window and it becomes about macho posturing.

exactly they've just become emboldened because nobody is going to jail for shooting people

black people go to jail for the shootings certain people claim that black people ignore

Re: News [Re: IvyLeague] #887747
07/13/16 01:48 PM
07/13/16 01:48 PM
C
cookcounty Offline
Underboss
cookcounty  Offline
C
Underboss
That's why I said "if true..."

That said, the stats themselves say it all. Both the Minnesota and Louisiana shootings could be found to be bad and the officers charged and the fundamental contention of BLM and their supporters would still be wrong.

black lives matter is about THE POLICE unjustifiably shooting black people

the police shooting unarmed black men repeatedly on camera started the movement

Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #887748
07/13/16 02:08 PM
07/13/16 02:08 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Cook county are you black. You know so much about it I though you were black. Yes it bad to get hit by a cop just because your black. I don't know what's that like being off white. My friend Ralphie Lanza got shot in the face by a cop. He lived to tell about it. As a matter of fact it was good for him. He was fat and he talked to much. Then he became skinny and since he caught one in the teeth he did not talk as much any more. Unfortunately he is dead now someone killed him not black and not a cop.

As kids we played shot for shot not in the arm in the face. His mistake was he let me go first. I did not stop until I knocked him out. He used to pay kids to rob for him. He threw them a few bucks then fenced it for 40 percent of the value. If you ever need money that is a good way to get it.

only the unloved hate
Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #887749
07/13/16 02:17 PM
07/13/16 02:17 PM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
When Obama spoke yestarday he talked about those 5 dead cops. Then he mentioned the two black guys by name. He did not mentioned the cops by name. President bush did know their names. That is why they went their right to honor the cops so at least one president knew their names. I out of two isn't bad.

only the unloved hate
Re: News [Re: cookcounty] #887756
07/13/16 03:24 PM
07/13/16 03:24 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Originally Posted By: cookcounty
That's why I said "if true..."

That said, the stats themselves say it all. Both the Minnesota and Louisiana shootings could be found to be bad and the officers charged and the fundamental contention of BLM and their supporters would still be wrong.

black lives matter is about THE POLICE unjustifiably shooting black people

the police shooting unarmed black men repeatedly on camera started the movement

BLM started after Trayvon Martin was killed by George Zimmerman, who wasn't a cop.

Re: News [Re: getthesenets] #887762
07/13/16 05:40 PM
07/13/16 05:40 PM
Anytown, USA
goombah Offline
goombah  Offline

Anytown, USA
Goombah,

I'm actually surprised that Crowell didn't get suspended. He wrote (or posted a written) detailed apology and will donate his first game check to an organization for fallen policemen's families.

I am too. That's the Browns for you and another example of why they're one of the most dysfunctional organizations in all of sports.

The reason I was so upset is that Crowell didn't get that he was adding fuel to the problem with that post. He has EVERY right to be upset about black citizens getting killed, abused, etc by white police. I am sickened by it too. But Crowell has a huge forum as an athlete to some very impressionable kids. Like I said before, that killer looks like he's a member of ISIS, which is taking a horrible situation and making it worse.

Glad to see him step up and work to rectify the damage. I hope he gets out in the community and speaks to kids.

Re: News [Re: Footreads] #887770
07/13/16 07:33 PM
07/13/16 07:33 PM
Green Grove Retirement Communi...
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Footreads
When Obama spoke yestarday he talked about those 5 dead cops. Then he mentioned the two black guys by name. He did not mentioned the cops by name. President bush did know their names. That is why they went their right to honor the cops so at least one president knew their names. I out of two isn't bad.

This is really petty. You're really splitting hairs.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #887773
07/13/16 07:54 PM
07/13/16 07:54 PM
Past caring, then hang a left
H
helenwheels Offline
Underboss
helenwheels  Offline
H
Underboss
Past caring, then hang a left
Slick escape: polygamous sect leader uses olive oil to slip free of FBI tracker

Lyle Jeffs, who was on house arrest facing fraud charges, escapes FBI’s GPS monitor by pouring ‘some kind of lubricant’ believed to be olive oil on his ankle

A leader of the polygamous Utah sect of the Mormon church, who is facing federal fraud charges, escaped from a GPS tracking device using olive oil or another kind of lubricant, according to the FBI.

Lyle Jeffs of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (FLDS) was released from jail on 9 June pending a trial on charges that he and others swindled the federal government out of millions of dollars in food stamps.

Less than two weeks after a judge released him, Jeffs violated his house arrest, according to the FBI in Utah, which issued a warrant for the 56-year-old’s arrest.

Now, federal investigators say they believe Jeffs escaped the FBI’s monitoring by pouring olive oil or a similar substance onto his ankle to allow him to remove a bracelet that was tracking his whereabouts.

“There was evidence at the home that he had used some sort of lubricant to slide the GPS tracker off of his ankle, and we do believe it was olive oil,” said FBI spokeswoman Sandra Yi Barker. She said there was “damage” to the bracelet, but “it wasn’t enough to trigger an alert to the federal agents”.

Federal prosecutors, along with an estranged member of the family, had previously urged the government not to release Lyle, arguing that he would flee.

Officials discovered Jeffs had escaped after he did not respond to an inquiry, prompting officers to visit his home, Barker said. The search remains underway.

Jeffs is one of 11 FLDS leaders arrested in February in one of the largest recents crackdowns on the controversial sect, which is based on the Arizona-Utah border and split from the official Mormon church in 1890.

Federal prosecutors have alleged that since 2011, Jeffs and other church leaders have orchestrated a sophisticated fraud scheme in which members would illegally divert food-stamp proceeds, which are meant for low-income families.

Jeffs and other leaders engaged in a conspiracy to defraud the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (Snap) and gave members instructions on how to avoid government detection, according to an indictment.

In one common tactic, they would allegedly buy groceries with food stamps and then give the supplies to the church’s communal “FLDS Storehouse” through which leaders would divide up the goods. Unauthorized members would also use food-stamp cards, prosecutors said.

Jeffs has been handling the daily affairs of the sect in Hildale, Utah since his brother Warren Jeffs is serving a life sentence for sexually assaulting young girls. He took girls as young as 12 to be his brides.

Followers believe Warren Jeffs directly channels the voice of God, and before he was jailed, Lyle had been communicating his brothers’ orders from prison.

The US department of justice won a separate criminal case earlier this year after it sued the towns of Hildale and Colorado City, Arizona, alleging that the church controlled the communities and discriminated against residents who aren’t FLDS members.

Jeffs’ public defender declined to comment.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jul/12/lyle-jeffs-mormon-utah-fbi-escape-olive-oil

All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I never met anyone who didn't have a very smart child. What happens to these children, you wonder, when they reach adulthood?

Re: News [Re: getthesenets] #887782
07/13/16 09:54 PM
07/13/16 09:54 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Goombah,

I have to admit, that was a pretty decent apology.

Re: News [Re: goombah] #887783
07/13/16 10:06 PM
07/13/16 10:06 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: goombah
I am too. That's the Browns for you and another example of why they're one of the most dysfunctional organizations in all of sports.

The reason I was so upset is that Crowell didn't get that he was adding fuel to the problem with that post. He has EVERY right to be upset about black citizens getting killed, abused, etc by white police. I am sickened by it too. But Crowell has a huge forum as an athlete to some very impressionable kids. Like I said before, that killer looks like he's a member of ISIS, which is taking a horrible situation and making it worse.

Glad to see him step up and work to rectify the damage. I hope he gets out in the community and speaks to kids.

Completely irresponsible action from a grown man...nevermind the fact that he's in the public eye. The Browns and the NFL chickened out by not suspending him.

I hadn't thought about the Isis aspect until I read your post and went back and reread your other post. I think this guy just saw an image online and just tweeted it in anger. An Isis member with what looks like a USA flag backpack on? what does that even mean?

This action won't hurt his playing career, but if he wants to coach down the line...it will definitely haunt him.

Re: News [Re: getthesenets] #887785
07/13/16 10:24 PM
07/13/16 10:24 PM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Foot,

When I was coming up, the last remnants of the Italian community were leaving Newark. The old school guys used to hold court in their stores/shops and talk about how nice Newark used to be and how cops used to whoop ass if young guys got out of line. When I saw Goodfellas the first time, Tommy's story about getting tuned up by cops in "See-caucus", sounded just like some of the old stories. Joe Pesci is from Newark so maybe he added some of that to the script.

BANG!POW!

When I asked them about parents' reaction, they said the parents were ashamed to see cops bringing their kids home and just happy that the kid wasn't arrested.

Re: News [Re: getthesenets] #887802
07/14/16 04:13 AM
07/14/16 04:13 AM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
Marty said that whole scene was improvised by Pesci and the other actors. Pesci has said before that he's a method actor. He thinks of someone he knows that's similar to the character he's playing, and just becomes that person. I wouldn't doubt he was portraying someone he grew up with in Newark.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea
Re: News [Re: OakAsFan] #887815
07/14/16 07:29 AM
07/14/16 07:29 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
Marty said that whole scene was improvised by Pesci and the other actors. Pesci has said before that he's a method actor. He thinks of someone he knows that's similar to the character he's playing, and just becomes that person. I wouldn't doubt he was portraying someone he grew up with in Newark.

Joe Pesce never took an acting lesson. He told me he was acting his whole life. I knew him, but he was a tough guy even though he was a midget. Method acting he must have stole that from DeNiro.

He sees that movie staring Dudley Moore a comedy he played a drunk. He told me he could have done that movie. I said you think you can do comedy. He said yeah. Then he made the movie with Rodney dangerfield.

only the unloved hate
Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #887817
07/14/16 07:42 AM
07/14/16 07:42 AM
F
Footreads Offline
Underboss
Footreads  Offline
F
Underboss
I knew they improvised the scene with the other guy. What's so funny about me.
They did some of the casting of good fellas in Rao's. People were their telling stories left and right.

They new my friend Johnny Roastbeef from there he worked there. He is the meeter and greeter in Rao's LA now.

Johnny knows a million stories about Italian Harlem because he knew a lot of people. Every see ask him when big Sam got mad at him for charging a nickle more for soda to him because it was cold.

Or when the cops their broke his front store window of his place johnnie super hero's. Ask him how he feels about cops.

only the unloved hate
Re: News [Re: Faithful1] #887820
07/14/16 10:09 AM
07/14/16 10:09 AM
getthesenets Offline
Underboss
getthesenets  Offline
Underboss
Originally Posted By: Faithful1

I'm for the local police departments as well as the Justice Dept. going over all police shootings that result in death. But if the local investigation AND the Justice Dept. exonerate the police, we should probably respect those decisions. I don't think that all local police investigations will be fair, but I think if the Justice Dept. and the FBI also look over the evidence and come to the same conclusion, then those decisions probably are valid. That's one thing I don't see BLM doing. Once BLM convicts someone, they continue the narrative even if it's proven not to be true. That's one of the problems I have with them, aside from some of their tactics.

Agree.
The comedian D.L. Hughley faced off with a reporter from Fox News the other day. She brought up the Justice Dept. report about Mike Brown shooting and he flat out refused to acknowledge it.

Even understanding the nature of these type of short-side-versus-side media segments, people have to acknowledge facts. Conceding somebody else's point when it's true doesn't weaken your argument...it strengthens your credibility as the discussion continues.

Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #887896
07/15/16 02:01 PM
07/15/16 02:01 PM
OakAsFan Offline
Underboss
OakAsFan  Offline
Underboss
The first step to understanding the media is to stop watching FoxNews outright. I haven't watched that network since 2008, and I haven't missed a thing. Since that time, I have not been presented with any piece of news where Fox was the source that I wasn't already informed on, or that was relevant. I noticed that most stories shared around social media via foxnews involve race, fear of black teenagers, etc. That network does not provide information. They entertain and incite.

Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #887912
07/15/16 05:16 PM
07/15/16 05:16 PM
OC, CA
Faithful1 Offline
Underboss
Faithful1  Offline
Underboss
OC, CA
Ah, another case of Fox News derangement syndrome.

Re: News [Re: DuesPaid] #887913
07/15/16 05:42 PM
07/15/16 05:42 PM
G
gangstereport Offline
Underboss
gangstereport  Offline
G
Underboss
Turkish army have launched a coup and taken over the country surprised this has happened in 2016 but then again the military have alot of power alot of terrorism there lately. Very bad news for US and EU

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-turkey-security-primeminister-idUSKCN0ZV2HK?il=0

Turkey's military said on Friday it had seized power, but the prime minister said the attempted coup would be put down.

If successful, the overthrow of President Tayyip Erdogan, who has ruled Turkey since 2003, would be one of the biggest shifts in power in the Middle East in years, transforming one of the most important U.S. allies in the region.

Prime Minister Binali Yildirim said the elected government remained in office. There was no immediate word from Erdogan. A source in his office said he was safe.

Airports were shut, access to Internet social media sites was cut off, and troops sealed off the two bridges over the Bosphorus in Istanbul, one of which was still lit up red, white and blue in solidarity with victims of the Bastille Day truck attack in France a day earlier.

TRT state television announced a countrywide curfew. An announcer read a statement on the orders of the military that accused the government of eroding the democratic and secular rule of law. The country would be run by a "peace council" that would ensure the safety of the population, the statement said.

U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry and Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov, speaking jointly after talks in Moscow, both said they hoped bloodshed would be avoided.

Turkey, a NATO member with the second biggest military in the Western alliance, is one of the most important allies of the United States in the fight against Islamic State.

It is a principal backer of opponents of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad in that country's civil war, and host to 2 million Syrian refugees.

RELATED COVERAGE

› EU source says Turkey coup bid looks substantial, 'not just a few colonels'
› Obama briefed on 'unfolding situation' in Turkey: White House
› Martial law imposed in Turkey: military statement on state TV
› Turkish president and government still in power: presidential source
The country has been at war with Kurdish separatists, and has suffered numerous bombing and shooting attacks this year, including an attack two weeks ago by Islamists at Istanbul's main airport that killed more than 40 people.

A senior EU source monitoring the situation said: "It looks like a relatively well orchestrated coup by a significant body of the military, not just a few colonels. They've got control of the airports and are expecting control over the TV station imminently. They control several strategic points in Istanbul.

"Given the scale of the operation, it is difficult to imagine they will stop short of prevailing. It's not just a few colonels," the source repeated.

One European diplomat was dining with the Turkish ambassador to a European capital when guests were interrupted by the pinging of urgent news on their mobile phones.

"This is clearly not some tinpot little coup. The Turkish ambassador was clearly shocked and is taking it very seriously," the diplomat told Reuters as the dinner party broke up. "However it looks in the morning, this will have massive implications for Turkey. This has not come out of nowhere."

In an statement sent by email and reported on TV channels, the military said it had taken power to protect the democratic order and to maintain human rights. All of Turkey's existing foreign relations would be maintained and the rule of law would remain the priority, it said.

The state-run Anadolu news agency said the chief of Turkey's military staff was among people taken "hostage" in the capital Ankara. CNN Turk also reported that hostages were being held at the military headquarters.

After serving as prime minister from 2003, Erdogan was elected president in 2014 with plans to alter the constitution to give the previously ceremonial presidency far greater executive powers.

RELATED COVERAGE

› Turkey's Erdogan safe as group in military attempts coup: presidential source
› Kerry says hopes for peace and stability in Turkey
› U.S. tells citizens in Turkey to shelter in place
› Turkish military says has taken power to protect democratic order
› France tells citizens in Turkey to stay indoors after 'serious events'
His AK Party, with roots in Islamism, has long had a strained relationship with the military and nationalists in a state that was founded on secularist principles after World War One. The military has a history of mounting coups to defend secular principles, but has not seized power directly since 1980.

Yildirim said a group within Turkey's military had attempted to overthrow the government and security forces have been called in to "do what is necessary".

"Some people illegally undertook an illegal action outside of the chain of command," Yildirim said in comments broadcast by private channel NTV.

"The government elected by the people remains in charge. This government will only go when the people say so."

Those behind the attempted coup would pay the highest price, he added.

Last edited by gangstereport; 07/15/16 05:43 PM.

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion
Page 23 of 58 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 57 58

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull