Originally Posted By: NickyEyes1
Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
Depends who the debt is to. Loan sharks and bookies are scam artists. Beat them any way you can. Use the same legal system they'll use when they're in a corner.

And what happens when you owe the government money that you can't pay? Seize your assets, garnish wages, remove money from your bank accounts. You're making every bookie out to be the devil.

Just out of curiosity. Say I want to become a bookie? I have no skills, no qualifications. Where do I get the money to start playing with large quantities of cash? Does it grow out of my ass? Where do I get the money to pay two refrigerator-sized goons to threaten people who don't pay? You have to be in league with the mafia to be a bookie in most large American cities.

And they do a lot worse than "garnish wages".

But we get it. Fila and Brioni good, do-rag bad.

Quote:
Editor's Note: Last month, federal prosecutors distributed approximately $822,000 to the families of Whitey Bulger's murder victims and three men who were extorted by him -- money seized from his Santa Monica apartment. And an auction of Whitey Bulger's personal belongings, held by the U.S. Marshals Service in June, raised another $109,295 for Bulger's victims -- including $6,400 for the hat Bulger wore at the time of his arrest, and $23,000 for his Claddagh ring.

The gov. ain't all that bad, are they?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/60-minutes-overtime-deep-inside-the-whitey-bulger-story/

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.