Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
the fact you speak more harshly of correction officers than the criminals tells me all I need to know about you.

That was the topic of the thread, until you hijacked it.

The OP asked how prison guards assault inmates and get away with it. Then, you changed the subject to the inmates' guilt and the heroism of the guards. You could start your own thread and talk about how great prison guards are and how "scummy" convicts are. That wasn't the topic here. We're talking about crooked and abusive guards, because they obviously do exist. If you don't want to discuss that, why bother responding at all?

It's crazy how people take a thread and make it something else. Seems they have tunnel vision and live in a bubble. Ivey, I have steered clear of confrontation with you on many issues because I try to respect everyone's opinion and I keep in mind not everyone is familiar with how things REALLY are. I have said already that I have family and friends in law enforcement and even corrections although not many in the latter. You speak as if ALL inmates are animals and deserve harsh conditions and treatment. You can go to prison or jail for a lot of things. There is a reason you are classified once you are incarcerated. The point of this thread is the abuse of power and the physical abuse issued by CO's and it happens more times than not. I've witnessed it. I've seen it happen whether it was provoked or not. You have corrections officers in gangs, that sell drugs that they bring into the prison, that engage in sexual activity, and they feel they have the right to do so. There are most definetly guys who have integrity and handle themselves the way they SWORE they would. I understand there are sick fucks behind the wall and it is not an easy job. But, if they cannot handle the conditions inside an institution for which they knew they would be subjected to and that the job would entail then they should find a different line of work. There are rules. You are basically saying that they should not follow the rules that they have been instructed to follow because they are dealing with bad people and it is a difficult job doing so. Well then that means that THEY are breaking the law. You know what you sign up for when you get into corrections. There is zero excuse for abuse and barbaric treatment of inmates. NO MATTER WHAT THEY HAVE DONE! You have a code and rules as a corrections officer that you are expected to follow and they often do not abide by those rules. You can feel things should be different and these guys should be able to beat on , deprive of basic human needs, or whatever you feel is right. But, the fact of the matter is, that isn't the way it is. They do what they want and they are wrong for it. This isn't rocket science.