There's a lot of different opinions about this. There is no wrong or right. A lot of this depends on where you're from, your exposer to police (obviously not all have dealt with corrections officers) , your race or ethnicity, and your upbringing. I'm not saying fuck all cops or CO's. My cousin and my daughters godfather is a Paterson cop. He's honest, reasonable, and works with his mind not his impulse. But, as I said before, these guys are usually real jerkoffs. They abuse their power not to teach an inmate a lesson or to rehabilitate but for their own entertainment. Is anyone here familiar with Omar Broadway? Look that up because I'm not going to sit here and explain. Now those were hardened gangbangers in a real fucked up spot in the jersey prison system. Do they belong locked down and deserve minimal movement and freedom? Probably. But to make inmates go through gladiator wars like a fucking sons of anarchy scene or Not allowing inmates to shower or have a reasonable amount of exercise time. This isn't marion. Most of these guys are going home eventually. Is this mental torture and barbaric treatment going to make these men better people when they touch the streets? Some of you say it will make them think twice before they commit a crime again but you are so far off. It only makes a man hateful, resentful, and revengeful. Abuse on top of time to think about it will only fuel a fire that will be felt by all of society. Some of you need to think outside the box a little. If you live in happy and quiet suburbia where cops dont deal with much and people don't deal with discrimination, profiling, and overall mistreatment fro LE then maybe you should stay away from this thread. Everything isn't for everybody. People throw their two cents in when they should shut up and read/listen/watch. You were given two eyes, two ears, and one mouth for a reason. Some people can't help but talk about shit they have no idea about. I respect 97% of posters on here but sometimes SOME of you need to pick your times to open your mouths. It stops you from sounding intelligent and shows a real ignorant side.