Originally Posted By: azguy
Cancun, Cabo nice, lol...the scams, beggars and exploitation of Americans persist in these "nice areas" it's just diguised on a nicer hotel. I prefer places where my rights are intact and I can make a phone call and carry a gun.

On another forum I'm on a guy in Cabo had his Rolex take by the police, or people dressed like the Police, as he walked home from a bar with a friend.

I had friends that were driving to Rocky Point and were pulled over and their jest skis were literally stolen from them by the police. They said they had the wrong documentation on their trailer and it would have to be impounded. They (Mexican police) un-hooked the trailer and put it on there SUV and drove away. When my friends got to Rocky Point and inquired at police station everyone shrugged and played dumb, no speaka english

Your friends sound like easy marks (ie. let's go in to Sonora as a couple of obvious Americans towing several thousand dollars of equipment). Who knows if they were the fucking police or just using stolen uniforms, that's how it is down there.

Last edited by Tony_Pro; 06/20/16 10:50 PM.

This life of ours, this is a wonderful life. If you can get through life like this, hey, thats great. But it's very, very unpredictable. There are so many ways you can screw it up.-Paul Castellano (he would know)

"I'm not talking about Italians, I'm talking about criminals."-Joe Valachi