Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
what effect is this latest massacre going to have on the gun control debate,

ill bet there is going to be a big battle shaping up to ban assault weapons...........

thus could be playing right into hillarys hands, the worse thing that could have happened, has happened!!

going to be a hard sell to keep assault weapons.

Good to see you Uncle Binnie.

I think the latest events have strengthened Trump's image. Everyone who disagreed with him before, or regarded him an idiot, has to now admit that some of Trump's main extreme stances are grounded in fact.

I don't think we will be able to ban assault weapons in the U.S. Believe it or not, the 2nd Amendment crowd actually only cares about themselves. We see an act of carnage like in Orlando, and we want to take assault weapons out of the hands of the public. The 2nd Amendment crowd sees it, and their paranoia is magnified. They want to buy more weapons to protect themselves in any "active shooter" situation. And if anyone doubts what I just said, why is the news now reporting that in the aftermath of Orlando, gun company stocks are now up approx 10%?

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."