Thanks Billy and Ricky, I really appreciate it. Ricky soon kiddo wink

@GaryMartin I totally agree with you about that particular period being the most complicated of them all, but im almost positive that during the period of Ricca's jail term, or to be exact from 1959 until late 1962, Giancana mostly acted on his own. For example, when Ricca went to jail, Giancana replaced some of Ricca's operators with his own people, such as Guido DeChiaro who was Ricca's distant relative and main coin operator on the West Side. The guy was "unemployed" when Giancana came to the scene. The same thing happened with many more. I dunno maybe im rushing with conclusions but that is the most obvious explanation for me. Maybe Ricca and Accardo were the top guys but Giancana held the power. Just look at his guys, Buccieri, Caifano, Battaglia, Alderisio, Nicoletti, Gianola, Cain etc. These guys were the muscle for the Outfit for almost two decades. I believe that Ricca's main purpose in the Outfit was to hold things from falling apart. If he ordered the death of Giancana, I believe that the Outfit was going to be divided in two or three "crime families." Ricca was aware of that, because I believe that he was the only guy in Chicago that understood the problems within the crime families in New York and that was the New Yorkers killed their bosses, the Outfit did not. Instead after the death of the old boss, Aiuppa, Alex and Accardo waited until Giancana's power hit the bottom and then reacted in the right time. Don't forget that Giancana was still the official boss of the Outfit until 1970 or 1971.

He who can never endure the bad will never see the good