Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
I think Bufalino was more Bruno era. He's known to have been very friendly with Bruno and would visit him and have dinner with him at Cous' often. According to Frank Sheeran of course. Interestingly enough, in Sheeran's book, he mentions having been recruited by Bruno through Bufalino to murder a mob guy under him who was also a member of the Philly mob, but for whatever reason the hit never happened and Bruno was killed. Sheeran rarely mentions names, this was one of the instances where he didn't. Now in Leonetti's book, he tells the story of Bruno and Scarfos falling out, much later than the Oregon incident, he says he'd heard that Bruno had contracted some big Irish guy out of Pennsylvania to kill his uncle and that this guy made it to Atlantic City and was asking questions about he and Scarfo. Leonetti says he had gotten the drop on this "big Irishmen out of Pennsylvania", and threatened him, and the guy supposedly left town. You think and compare the two stories, and it definitely seems like that Irishman was Sheeran. Thats just my personal analysis after reading the two books. I haven't been able to factually prove myself correct, so don't take this as the absolute fact of the situation. Just thought that was pretty interesting.
I've also thought the same thing..very coincedental & interesting.

I didn't want to leave blood on your carpet...