Originally Posted By: BlackFamily
I don't think it's an exception whether occasional indictment or arrest. Every crime group's membership tends to follow the same pattern in arrest , in which the group major income and related crime is going on their rap sheet. In regards to street organizations due to some being very large it can vary.

I'm talking about looking at things in general. If you look at indictments of street gangs across the board, as I said, it's typically narcotics charges and related crimes that facilitate the drug trade. You could say the same for outlaw motorcycle gangs and prison gangs if you include extortion related to the drug trade. Now, it true, every criminal organization has its core businesses. But I think some have been overstating how diversified most of these gangs are.

And, to be fair, one could say the say about some of the remaining mob families. Philadelphia being the best example. Their core business is illegal gambling - bookmaking and video poker machines. You don't really see evidence of the mob exerting a street tax anymore. At least not like it did under Scarfo. There is marginal involvement in drugs. Occasionally ad-hoc crimes like theft and stolen goods.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 04/06/16 03:48 AM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.