Now this IS old, but you give an impression that you've never SEEN OR HEARD of an organized gang, which is silly if you are paying any kind of attention...

And so many of you guys ONLY LOOK AT THE FIVE FAMILIES, if you were to compare gangs with ANY mafia, the closest Imo would be the Naples gangs. Urban, young, violent drug traffickers, 17-21 year old bosses....

If you know anything about gangs in Chicago, you know they were the biggest most organized gangs right?

Now in the thread about Chicago killings, the question arises why?
Well the Feds broke the hierarchy of the strongest gangs, while the biggest territories were torn down, and the gang members displaced.

I wish you could read John Dicke's book on the Sicilian mafia, specifically, his chapter on THE INDUSTRY OF VIOLENCE, and what happens when the state fails to Establish a monopoly on the use of violence. The violence ITSELF becomes a form of currency, that must be invested in the criminal marketplace.
The violence is a result of numerous criminal groups attempting to establish a "market share" so to speak..... You saw this progress to EPIC proportions in Mexico, where the cartels competed with each other, trying to outdo one another with violent spectacle, almost as if the spectacle itself was like a " commercial" for the criminal brand, these people even hung banners like billboards!!!.... I just feel like your understanding of this shit is limited, I'm waiting for you to prove me wrong....

Last edited by CabriniGreen; 04/05/16 06:12 AM.