Faithful1

The social media is a headache but it's helping L.E ( law enforcement) to keep track of the gangs due to juvenile tendencies.

1. The state legislative passed their own street gang style Rico and used it on the New Life branch of the Black Souls , Imperial Insane Vice Lords and I think the Hobos (GD & BD clique). Albeit this version have a expiration date and I don't understand why they're not utilizing the federal base Rico instead. Regardless, most of the gangs have plentiful membership and it will take time to weaken them.

2. , 4., & 9.Agreed

3. This have been done for MANY years ( decades) and will continue onwards. Lupe Fiasco's Mural Foundation , Common, D Rose, retired gang members , community groups continue to aide in the anti-gang/180• degrees approach.

5. I disagree but understand your aiming the gangs, cartels, racketeers/syndicates main source of income and decreasing drug addicts committing crimes to fuel their habit. Problem is that within the underworld it just switches to the next commodity and violent crimes will drop somewhat to 40-50s rate, Gangs membership would shrink down somewhat but will be engage more deeply in the 2nd most lucrative activity ( plus others).

6. I could agree to some degree with possible lee ways for those under the influence. This may lead back to overcrowding of the prison system .

8. What would you consider a "manageable" base of crimes?

If you think you are too small to make a difference, you haven't spend the night with a mosquito.
- African Proverb