Originally Posted By: dsd
@ IVY L.

Bit of unwarranted religious hatred thrown your way , can't be anything you've written in this thread.

Anyhow, so approx. 30/ 50 FBI or police are investigating NYC LCN. How many ' cases' /indictments are made in a year say 2014 ? Are majority historic/ past crimes like Asaro ?

Thnx

Last I read it was a max of 35 agents between the 2 squads. The Luccheses had 5 agents investigating them in 2014.

I don't think one necessarily gets a good picture of things looking at a single year as indictments are cyclical and you have lulls at times. It's why I've kept a list of every case I can find since 2000. Being able to look at cases over a 10 or 15 year sample helps one get a better idea of general trends and helps you remember things those who just recall the last headline dont.

No, the majority aren't past crimes though those distant charges are often found in mob indictments. An essential element of building a RICO case is showing an ongoing pattern of crime over an extended period of time. Often the government is able to include crimes that go back years and add those to present day crimes, which serves to show a continuing criminal enterprise.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.