Originally Posted By: BlackFamily
@ Ivy

Actually there's where your incorrect to some degree. That Blood set in NJ have direct ties to the L.A set and stay in communication with each other ( ironic you pick that NJ locale) . I stated before that specific locations have direct ties through relatives ( Texas, Oklahoma , Louisiana ) , business ( Hoovers in Portland, Campanella Pirus in Alaska, Rollin 90s in Nashville) , or a combination of both. Every year they're meetings , visits, and dues paid to the original set.

I don't doubt that some have ties here and there. But looking at the majority of local sets of various gangs, it's hard to see evidence of ties with each other across the country. At least not the kind of cohesion or national oversight the LCN had at one time.

Quote:
@ Jhype11,

I haven't come across to many articles of LCN providing street gangs drugs albeit it's not possible. Street gangs develop their own drug connections with high ranking or de facto leaders being the middleman or the Kingpin himself. The leader(s) have their members traffic it to the retail level. Besides the drug trade , LCN & Street Gangs have done business in contraband smuggling, contract killings, counterfeit money ( Ivy or someone correct me, The Genovese & Latin King business ?) , information ( Outfit & C-Notes) , and few other activities we may not even be aware of yet.

There's a slight possibility that within the last 10 years or so that NYC families have used UBN as hit men to deal with rats or associates.

There was a case back in the early 2000s of the Genovese family counterfeiting $20 bills with some Latin Kings. The contraband smuggling was, of course, the Luccheses and Bloods in the 2007 NJ case. But these were ad-hoc, rare examples. The

I do think you're right about the LCN supplying drugs to gangs. At least in terms of modern day. The LCN is a white organization and it's seems its drug operations are done within that sphere - supplying their own associates and independent dealers in white areas. There may be a few cases in more recent times but I think they're the exception to the rule. The Luccheses smuggling heroin into prison with the Bloods, as mentioned.

Another one, off the top of my head, was another NJ case from 2004, where you had a Lucchese associate supplying Oxycontin to the Bloods.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2004/11/12/nyr...ferer=&_r=0

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.