Also I think you misunderstood what I was saying (maybe I didn't say it at all)

All I meant was that in Pistones book, I think he quoted Lefty as saying "Sonny Black took over all the drugs". Now this whole family conflict at this time is about drugs.This is after the Galante hit, and the three capo murders, and if I'm not mistaken after Catalano stepped down as acting boss. So who's left? Sonny and Joe Massino, Sonny has the dope, and Massino has the connection to Rastelli. Who's going to be boss at this point? Was it clear cut? I could see them silently, secretly jockeying against each other for the spot. That's what I meant with that story of him going to his death or whatever, not like pooh it's no big deal to walk into a room knowing your gonna die. The three capos were like 50/50 they would be hit and still went. I meant that that story doesn't really mean, that it's an impossibility that they would be jockeying for power.

And just for clarification, was the Colombo guy Jilly dead? Why not hit HIM then?
They informed Lefty of the plot against him, right? I think they even arrested him to save his life. But when they give Sonny the card, beyond telling him about Pistone, did they tell him his life was in danger afterwards? Like they did Gotti?

That's what I left out I guess, sorry for the confusion...

Last edited by CabriniGreen; 03/27/16 07:16 AM.