Quote:
How the mighty have fallen, can't help to think that when I look at LCN as a whole when I compare your chart to the famous one of The Commission with all the bosses across the states shown on the map at the Valachi hearings in '63. RICO really did a number on them..

Billy in california the LA family was called the mickey mouse mafia because was a small potato and at his peak had 60 made men while san jose and san francisco had 25 and 30 made men so all together they don't come to equal the Colombos who have always been the smallest of the five families.
The Smaldones never was some more then a gambling ring same thing for the dallas family.
The other families had a strong and powerful boss (marcello,Scalish ecc) that dont wanted to made new blood so when the RICO and the Feds hit hard there are no men to replace the losses.

But what really killed many families was that Italians integrating and exiting out of the little Italies, they decided that they could make their way in life honestly, and so the recruiting pool was cleared, this has killed many families, in my opinion .