Reading articles on philly.com and came across this one:

http://articles.philly.com/1987-05-09/news/26164401_1_extortion-trial-nicholas-caramandi-scarfo

What caught my attention was this part: "Caramandi said he had gotten word at one point that Scarfo intended to kill his two young daughters, and that he believed it."

I searched on google for information and only found the sentence in a couple other articles on philly.com.. Those articles claimed the reason Caramandi flipped was due to the above quote. Quote from one of the articles: "Caramandi said he became a government informant only after learning Scarfo wanted him dead, and threatened harm to his daughters."

This caught my eye for three reasons; 1.) I thought Caramandi flipped because of Long John saying Scarfo wanted him dead (although it does say that above), 2.) I've never heard his daughters were threaten, and 3.) I thought family members were left out of mob violence.

So my question is did Scarfo really threaten this or is this Caramandi lying to justify ratting? Anybody got some more info?