Originally Posted By: ChiTown
The Feds have been claiming the end of the mafia since the 1970s. If you took their words at face value, you might literally think the mob no longer exists anywhere. It's in their best interests to say families are defunct. But this mob forum is not a perfect science or standard formula, despite some of the posters here who believe they are the "PC Police" on what families are and are not active. Those are the exact same posters with no common sense.

In case you haven't noticed, the feds have become more careful about declaring the mob dead in areas where it isnt. But in others it doesn't come up because it's generally accepted as fact and the lack of law enforcement interest, as well as statements from OC experts, bare that out. If an objective observer looks at the evidence as a whole in any given city, it's not hard to see which families are still active and which ones arent. The only people who try and make it more complicated than it is are the ones trying to fool the naive.

Originally Posted By: BlueEyes

Detroit and Patriarca most def.
Chicago maybe, I think that's far down the road. What would be most devastating would be if the Blacks and Latinos saw that the Mob Money was more lucrative, glamorous and least dangerous than drugs, and they wanna set up shop.

I think the reason why NY isn't nearly extinct is because they steal members from everywhere. NJ is forbidden from recruting from NY, whilst both Philly and NY recruts from NJ which is clearly a profitable area with lots of recruits. I get that most members live somewhere other than where they operate, but think about it; The Lucchese NJ faction is claimed to have atleast 50made members. And (Idk) Lucchese probably have a crew in Florida or something, so how many members are left in NY? Around 30-40 ? If NJ was ''indepedent'' and had all of NJ for themselves, with no other family involving themselves, could NJ be one of the largest families with 150-200 members maybe? (Just throving numbers) and the same with Florida, could they maybe have had something around 30-40members if they laid claim to all of Florida?

I get that when the Boss of a NY family sends a guy to establish a crew he says to some Brooklyn-dude ''Hey, take Frankie Fish and Freddy Frogs to Miami, set up shop'' but there has to be some sort of local recruiting?

New England has been as active as any remaining family outside NY over the past 15 years. They still have 40-50 members and have apparently made new ones in recent times. Detroit has nowhere near 40-50 and even Scott hasn't claimed any concrete info on recent ceremonies.

Not sure where you got 50 members for the Lucchese Jersey crew but it's nowhere near that. That would be about half the family in that one crew. Every NY family is active in Florida to some extent but it seems the Luccheses have had the least in recent years.

And the NY families have a large recruiting pool, with or without New Jersey.

Last edited by IvyLeague; 03/10/16 01:42 AM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.