That's the thing about the sicilians' ,they have always been an INSTRUMENT OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT...

Naples is like LA or Chicago in Italy. Naples is the STREETS, Naples is gangs, open air drug markets and gun battles on the sidewalk type shit. Naples gangsters, for the most part, supply the internal market of Italy, and Europe ( For example, in Gomorah, it says the Licciardi family completely monopolized criminal activity in the Chech Republic, kinda like Ndrangheta and Austrailia)they don't move around as much as the two RURAL mafias, cause they don't have to really. Naples in a word is URBAN. The strongest families also appear to be FAMILY CLANS.

If you have ever seen the Wire, the Barksdale gang, looks like a Naples clan, like if they were in Italy, it would be very similar, drugs, family ties, even the secondigliano
alliance kind of resembles the co-op. The same way the Vele projects in the movie reminded me so much of Cabrini in Chicago.

I see the Calabrians as being a mix of both, they have rural bases, but use narcotics routes to gain footholds in many urban markets, Family clans again,
But not nearly as violent as the Naples clans. They also have a whole hierarchy for the lower level members, and a secret branch of upper leaders secret from the rest of the organization, Furio probably knows the name, I'll look it up....

Last edited by CabriniGreen; 03/05/16 07:28 AM.